DJI Mini 4 Pro - Live Streaming
1748 7 1-9 12:09
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AG44
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone,

I'm mainly using my DJI Mini 4 Pro to be another camera source for Division III broadcasts. Currently the only success i've had is using the RC 2 controller as an HDMI out with a USBC to HDMI adaper and taking that onto the stream. This leaves me with the on screen displays visible to the viewers on the stream so I made a graphic to cover that up and give it a cleaner look. I've had no luck using the RTMP streaming option as it mainly just freezes up on me on the broadcast. The HDMI output option is by far the easiest step but it seems odd that there's no way to turn On Screen Displays off. On pretty much every single other camera I've used for a live stream, there's an option to turn TV Displays off so no one sees the settings, controls, etc.

Does anyone have any recomendations to either a. better utilize the RTMP option, or b. clear On Screen Displays for the HDMI output option? Would really appreciate any feedback. Would also love a DJI update for OSD.
1-9 12:09
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there.  Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if the RTMP Livestreaming will freeze at the beginning or freeze after a while? Could you please tell us more details?
Or you may connect headphones with a microphone to the Type-C interface on the DJI RC 2 and forward the signal from the microphone to have a try.  
Currently, DJI RC 2 does not support HDMI pure camera image output (Liveview Only). (OSD information is hidden when using the HDMI output.)
1-9 19:49
Use props
AG44
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-9 19:49
Hello, there.  Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if the RTMP Livestreaming will freeze at the beginning or freeze after a while? Could you please tell us more details?
Or you may connect headphones with a microphone to the Type-C interface on the DJI RC 2 and forward the signal from the microphone to have a try.  
Currently, DJI RC 2 does not support HDMI pure camera image output (Liveview Only). (OSD information is hidden when using the HDMI output.)

The livestream RTMP freezing at the beginning. Whatever frame the stream starts with is where it stays and seems to continuously try to load further but never gets anywhere. The controller shows the system as streaming but on the broadcast I only see a still frame.

So there’s no option with the RC 2 to disable on screen display when using USBC to HDMI output? Is this a feature that could be made in the future?
1-9 20:01
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

AG44 Posted at 1-9 20:01
The livestream RTMP freezing at the beginning. Whatever frame the stream starts with is where it stays and seems to continuously try to load further but never gets anywhere. The controller shows the system as streaming but on the broadcast I only see a still frame.

So there’s no option with the RC 2 to disable on screen display when using USBC to HDMI output? Is this a feature that could be made in the future?

Thank you for the reply. Did you try other RTMP platforms? Did they act the same?
Could you please try the suggestion and tell us your feedback?

About this request, we will forward it to our engineers for evaluation. Currently, DJI RC 2 does not support Pure HDMI out. Sorry for the inconvenience.
1-9 23:59
Use props
AG44
lvl.1

United States

Our only streaming platform is BlueFrame Technology so we have not tried other platforms.

What I am not understanding is the fact that the RC Pro has two simple settings options, Live View Only and Screen Mirroring, for the HDMI Output display. If this is a setting that already exists with other controllers, why wouldn't it be accessible with the RC 2 and the DJI Mini 4 Pro? Could this Live View Only feature that already exists be updated to be put on the RC 2?
1-17 12:10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AG44 Posted at 1-17 12:10
Our only streaming platform is BlueFrame Technology so we have not tried other platforms.

What I am not understanding is the fact that the RC Pro has two simple settings options, Live View Only and Screen Mirroring, for the HDMI Output display. If this is a setting that already exists with other controllers, why wouldn't it be accessible with the RC 2 and the DJI Mini 4 Pro? Could this Live View Only feature that already exists be updated to be put on the RC 2?

Sorry that the RC 2 is not the same as the RC Pro. Currently, there is no plan to add clean HDMI output for the RC 2, but we will forward the request to the engineers for their attention. Thank you for your understanding and suggestion.
1-18 03:46
Use props
djiuser_EQFtKPjc9vsv
New

New Zealand

Hi, I also use the RC 2 and dji mini pro 4 for livestreaming.

I tried the microphone connected to the RC 2, but the stream works 50/50 of the time. It is not reliable. Also it sends only at 720P which is quite low, but main concern is the lag or constant glitching.

It will be smooth for 10 seconds then glitch. I've tested the Internet speed with my phone and upload speed was above 15mbps. Right now I'm thinking the RC-N2 would be a better remote because I had no issues with this on the DJI mini 2. Also with a phone I assume I can send at 1080P.

Hope there is an update to remedy this issue as the RC 2 remote was much more expensive. If I can even trade in for the RC-N2 and test that would also be good. Look forward to your response
4-30 13:10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_EQFtKPjc9vsv Posted at 4-30 13:10
Hi, I also use the RC 2 and dji mini pro 4 for livestreaming.

I tried the microphone connected to the RC 2, but the stream works 50/50 of the time. It is not reliable. Also it sends only at 720P which is quite low, but main concern is the lag or constant glitching.

We apologize for the negative experience you had. Please note that the DJI RC 2 is currently limited to a maximum resolution of 720p for live streaming. To improve this problem, we recommend connecting a Type C adapter cable between the RC 2 and the headphone. If possible, providing a picture of your setup from your end would greatly assist us in gaining a better understanding of the situation. This will enable us to provide you with more effective support. Thank you for your cooperation.
5-1 00:38
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules