Downlink Video is severely unstable after upgrade to Sept 7, 2015 firmware
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jfeltman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2338192 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phantom 3 Professional. 75 flights. 260k feet flight distance. 11 hrs flight time. No crashes or hard landings.
"A" version Transmitter    

updated yesterday 9-7-15 to latest firmware.  
I have tried both iOS 8.3 and 8.4.1 on iPhone 6 with 2.1 GB available space

Between 25 and 50% of each of the post upgrade flight times I have severely impaired video (huge sections with no feed  or completely no video feed ("No Signal" in Red on app). Recording on the SD card is flawless.

No other warnings appear.  Flight controls are unaffected by video loss.

1. Upgraded the Go app only after deleting previous version then
     A. Cold IMU calibration
     B. gimbal calibration
     C. RC calibration
     D. Compass calibration
2. No other apps active
3. Airplane mode on (Wi-Fi mode off)
4. Hardware decode off
5. Prior to applying the "More Channels Hack" Channels 13 to 20 were tried in auto and in custom mode .  There was no indication (other than lack of video) of limited video signal strength. (Full bars).  Later tried custom mode specifically for channels 18-19 and 20 as they showed no interference at all on the graph yet there were the same number of dropouts and blank screens accompanied by the "No SIgnal" warning.  
6. Tried 2 new cables (apple compliant)
7. Tried new micro sd card
8. Doesn't matter if close or far the video is intermittent. Usually more off than on.
9. All other telemetry is stable and accurate in app (radar, Dist, height etc).

Finished the upgrade of my iPhone to 2.4.1 and applied the "More Channels Hack".  
First static test showed lots of dropout and "No Signal" on all channels whether using "Auto" or selecting "Custom" channels between 13 and 32. I next Completely shut down just the app (the bird and RC still operating) and restarted app on channel 24. Seemed slightly more stable at first after shutting down app and restarting, but still getting intermittent "No Signal" warnings and black screen. Additional tests seem to be indicating deterioration of video and less stability.  Telemetry is completely stable as before.

Completely deleted the GO app and did a cold reboot of the iPhone 6.  Reinstalled GO app from App Store.  Did not reinstall "More Channels Hack".  No change in downlink video quality or stability.

I had no issues prior to upgrading from pilot app to first Go version then had some minor intermittent issues like these. Got that sorted with a new cable now this after latest upgrade.

Several other owners report similar issues.
Any suggestions or advice is appreciated
2015-9-8
Use props
chetan.hs
New

United States

I too have the same issue. I updated the firmware and the Go app yesterday. Below is my configuration.

Phantom 3 Professional - firmware (v1.4.0010)
iPhone 6 - Go app (v2.2.0)

I never used to have any video issue. But after the update yesterday, the live video in the Go app is jittery and frequently blank (grey screen). Also occasionally I saw the red "lost connection" message. From my observation, it mostly starts when I turn on the intelligent navigation mode (POI, follow me etc)

The recorded video doesn't have any issues and is smooth. I would really appreciate if this issue can be looked into and fixed.

2015-9-8
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

I have a Phantom 3 Standard.

After the update my video feed is very slow to respond. Very laggy and choppy.
2015-9-8
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Man sorry to hear about your vid probs,you could downgrade back to the firmware that was stable for you.
2015-9-8
Use props
walid666
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

me 2

the question is how to downgrade now...
2015-9-9
Use props
youngbill
lvl.1

United States

Same problem here. Choppy or jerky video after the 1.4 FW upgrade. Everything was fine on 1.3.2 and nothing else has changed.
2015-9-9
Use props
sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem on mine, barely able to get 60 feet away without video problems. Reminds me of the old P1 days before FPV, returning home was guess work but now like then atleast home lock works!
2015-9-9
Use props
Flyhigh7887
lvl.3

Sweden

walid666 Posted at 2015-9-9 12:26
me 2

the question is how to downgrade now...

same as upgrading, just use the "old" firmware bin
2015-9-9
Use props
walid666
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

Flyhigh7887 Posted at 2015-9-9 13:53
same as upgrading, just use the "old" firmware bin

thanks buddy...
but what about the ios app... is there a way to revert it back to the last one?
2015-9-9
Use props
Flyhigh7887
lvl.3

Sweden

walid666 Posted at 2015-9-9 14:25
thanks buddy...
but what about the ios app... is there a way to revert it back to the last one?

that i am afraid i don't know. depending on what version you are going back to in firmware, you probably don't need a different app version.
2015-9-9
Use props
1320frank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2624856 ft
United States

Not sure where support is with helping, but this seems to be an issue that is growing.
2015-9-9
Use props
HighlanderMike
lvl.1
Flight distance : 537854 ft
United States

I too am having video problems since the latest firmware download.  When taking video in 2.7k/25 every second it is jerky and sometimes I lose complete feed with a gray screen.  When i go back to 180/24 it works fine. I do really like the quality of the 2.7k, sure hope this bug gets worked out soon. Thanks
2015-9-9
Use props
puterwiz
lvl.1

United States

I am also having fpv stutter, lag and choppiness when recording in 2.7k. But if I change to 1080p, the symptoms go away.
Seems the new 2.7k isn't playing nice with the live feed.
The video on the card that records is good though and I love the video it takes.
2015-9-10
Use props
Fred1969
lvl.2

United States

Same problem here.  I thought I was the only one until I saw this post.  Everything worked great up until upgrading FW.  I now have a choppy downlink that comes and goes no matter what distance you are away from the drone.
2015-9-10
Use props
andreas_kreuz
lvl.2

Germany

Déjà-vu ???

Same issue, same threads after the upgrade from 126 to 132

statement from dji? none

the only workaround was the hack from 8 to 32 channels

I, for one, DON´T think that this is a solved problem
I was flying with the 126 software in the ISM frequency range (8ch) in germany and I have had no problems

2015-9-10
Use props
1320frank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2624856 ft
United States

I along with several others with multiple devices beta tested the recent app and firmware. All tester's setups were rock solid at the end of the project which for us was Sept. 3rd. They then added a few things to the app between that date and the publish date of the 7th. I'm not sure what if anyone tested the new additions. But I for one had this major video issue after loading the 2.1.0 GO app. I have spoken with other beta testers who also are experiencing this problem, and I have also spoke with those testers that have zero problems. I emailed the main Beta department today reaching out for help with this along with explaining the issue. At this point all I can do is wait. And removed the current 2.1.0 version and would suggest other do the same. Having a safe flying experience is what is important. You never know what might come along when a app is not functioning properly. We sure don't need to wait for them to fall from the sky before deciding to load the stable version. Uninstall the GO app before installing another version. Then calibrate gimbal, and then compass before flying again.
2015-9-10
Use props
andreas_kreuz
lvl.2

Germany

beta tested also with reduced power and NOT in fcc mode?

I´ve been back to the pilot app for this video reason, there is no save feeling with a rubbish transmission
The onboard recording is ok, btw.
2015-9-10
Use props
erik.brossmanfa
lvl.1
United States

Same issue - lousy FPV signal, and dropped RC transmitter signal. It constantly lags. Please fix DJI.
2015-9-10
Use props
jfeltman
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Come on DJI we know you are here. Blade - Ed?  How about not pretending you don't hear us. This isn't the only thread on this exact same subject.
2015-9-10
Use props
Upwind
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1158586 ft
United States

Went for a flight yesterday and had the same issues.  Was trying to document a 350 acre parcel of land and wasted lots of time just trying to figure out what the camera was seeing.  Any ideas?
2015-9-11
Use props
abestime
lvl.1

United States

If you had adjusted the video FPV from 6 mb to 2 as recommended, after the update if goes back to the maximum, you got to put it back to a lower mb rate to have have a more consistence FPV  signal, that's what happen to me when i upgraded the P3.
2015-9-11
Use props
jfeltman
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

abestime Posted at 2015-9-11 12:49
If you had adjusted the video FPV from 6 mb to 2 as recommended, after the update if goes back to th ...

Where was this "recommended"?  Thanks
2015-9-11
Use props
andreas_kreuz
lvl.2

Germany

Is it just a dirty trick to sell more Lightbridge 2   ?????
2015-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules