Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AERISRUN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 909685 ft
  • >>>
Réunion

Hello,

Each time i fly and shoot, i struggle with precise control of the drone and the tilt function of the camera.

I do professional shooting and i'am always shooting 100% manually because directors or DOP always ask for change while flying. I find it difficult to be really precise and reactive when i have to play with the drone movements and the camera movements all together. To be clear, i manage to deliver the shots but i'd like to be more efficient.

I'am sure somebody else worked on it before but did not fine anything so far.

What i think would be handy is having a rotating knob at the top of controlling sticks linked to the tilt function of the camera. So with one stick you can control three functions (pitch, yaw and tilt - depending on your mode). I have the feeling that it would give me more control over the entire system.

Anybody else thinking the same ?

Thanks for reading.

Adrien

1-9 23:52
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. May we confirm if you wish to see this type of remote controller in the future? If so, may I confirm for which aircraft you'd like to see this function be available? I hope to hear from you soon.
1-11 03:39
Use props
AERISRUN
lvl.2
  • >>>
Réunion

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-11 03:39
Hello, there! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. May we confirm if you wish to see this type of remote controller in the future? If so, may I confirm for which aircraft you'd like to see this function be available? I hope to hear from you soon.

Hello,

It would be great to see that type of feature on DJI drones as i'am now only using them as my professional drones.

I fly a mavic 3 cine and would be nice to see this feature on mavics and why not on every other aircraft designed for video content.

thanks.
1-11 03:43
Use props
AERISRUN
lvl.2
  • >>>
Réunion

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-11 03:55
Personally it works fine the way it is.  Integrating the gimbal dial into the control sticks will only cause unintended gimbal movements during flight.  Leave the controls separate.  Thumbs on the sticks, index fingers on the dials, works perfectly.

I would be surprised to see this features coming into production this easy
My thread is more about sharing thoughts about my experience. It could be more like a special remote purchased separately as i understand not everybody would see this handy from their point of view.

And about the unintended gimbal movements, i guess the friction strength of the knob would avoid this.

And finaly, i should also work more with tracking features to achieve shots i do manually.
1-11 04:04
Use props
AERISRUN
lvl.2
  • >>>
Réunion

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-11 04:27
I suppose I am just used to the current control setup having used it on so many drones for so many years.  I have my gimbal dial sensitivity set extremely low, like 5 or 10 for slow & smooth gimbal tilting.

Setting up the sensitivity from one flight to another is the solution. I'am still curious about having the tilt on the stick

1-11 04:41
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AERISRUN Posted at 1-11 03:43
Hello,

It would be great to see that type of feature on DJI drones as i'am now only using them as my professional drones.

Thank you for your clarifications. We will forward your idea to our relevant team for future reference. We thank you for your great support!
1-12 04:07
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

At a guess the joysticks of the smart controller screw into place. If so I can forsee a problem with attaching the sticks to a thread that can rotate unless you are going to have travel limiters on the amount of rotation of the rotatable thread and then I can forsee those limiters being broken by a hamfisted user or the joystick coming unscrewed or being over tightened.
1-12 04:25
Use props
AERISRUN
lvl.2
  • >>>
Réunion

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-12 04:25
At a guess the joysticks of the smart controller screw into place. If so I can forsee a problem with attaching the sticks to a thread that can rotate unless you are going to have travel limiters on the amount of rotation of the rotatable thread and then I can forsee those limiters being broken by a hamfisted user or the joystick coming unscrewed or being over tightened.

Hi,
my goal is to share my feeling about about having this feature added to the controler.
I did not think of the detail on how this could be implemented.

However, i guess it could come on a seperate controler with permanent sticks and other features dedicated to videography.

Just thoughts.
1-17 02:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules