Agras multi aircraft mode
490 15 1-11 01:02
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jaco_Atms
lvl.2

South Africa

Hi there

I am starting to use two T30's to swarm in some of my operations. Ihave noticed the following issues:

Once I set my T30 remote to multi device mode, and link my two aircraft, the App crashes and goes back to the home page. The aircraft are linked but why does the app crash?

When I hit execute task, and try to assign different fields to the two craft connected to the remote, the app also crashes and goes back to the home page. This happens contantly.

When I do eventually get the fields assigned, the app also crashes and I have to start all over again.

Sometimes during flights, both aircraft are flying, and the app also crashes. The RC does not loose connection with the crafts but the flight which are busy have no flight log when I sync the records to Agras Management.

Your assistance and guidance will be highly appreciated.

1-11 01:02
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, may I know is there any error showing when you encountered this issue? At the same time, we will also forward it to our engineer team to check, thanks.
1-11 03:06
Use props
Jaco_Atms
lvl.2

South Africa

DJI Thor Posted at 1-11 03:06
Hi there, may I know is there any error showing when you encountered this issue? At the same time, we will also forward it to our engineer team to check, thanks.

no error message pops up at all. Only the Agras App crashes
1-11 07:54
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jaco_Atms Posted at 1-11 07:54
no error message pops up at all. Only the Agras App crashes

Thank you for your reply. After checking, if you need to use the function of controlling multiple devices of T30, you need to upgrade the app to the version 0352 and above. It is recommended to directly upgrade to the latest version 0605 before trying to fly. If the crashes still occur, please provide a video showing the issue and logs data from [APP - Other] for further checking. Thanks.
1-11 22:31
Use props
Jaco_Atms
lvl.2

South Africa

DJI Thor Posted at 1-11 22:31
Thank you for your reply. After checking, if you need to use the function of controlling multiple devices of T30, you need to upgrade the app to the version 0352 and above. It is recommended to directly upgrade to the latest version 0605 before trying to fly. If the crashes still occur, please provide a video showing the issue and logs data from [APP - Other] for further checking. Thanks.

I am indeed using the controlling of multiple devices of T30 mode on the T30 remote. I can also confirm that this app crashing scenario occurs of the latest software version as well as previous software versions. I had the issue on the latest software, downgraded to previous version after 0352 and had the same issue. I am currently on version 0530 on the aircraft due to stability requirements for the liquid level meter. I will try get app crash logs and revert back shortly.
1-17 01:32
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jaco_Atms Posted at 1-17 01:32
I am indeed using the controlling of multiple devices of T30 mode on the T30 remote. I can also confirm that this app crashing scenario occurs of the latest software version as well as previous software versions. I had the issue on the latest software, downgraded to previous version after 0352 and had the same issue. I am currently on version 0530 on the aircraft due to stability requirements for the liquid level meter. I will try get app crash logs and revert back shortly.

Sure. If you need further assistance, please provide the video recording for us, and we will help you to further check on it.
1-17 02:33
Use props
Jaco_Atms
lvl.2

South Africa

DJI Thor Posted at 1-17 02:33
Sure. If you need further assistance, please provide the video recording for us, and we will help you to further check on it.

Hi. I recently saw that the T30 has a new update, does the new update address the APP crashing when in multi device mode? Version 0611 for the craft and version 0623 for the Remote
1-23 23:31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jaco_Atms Posted at 1-23 23:31
Hi. I recently saw that the T30 has a new update, does the new update address the APP crashing when in multi device mode? Version 0611 for the craft and version 0623 for the Remote

Hi Jaco_Atms, the latest firmware version of DJI AGRAS T30 was released on 2024-01-15. It fixed issue that the aircraft is unable to take off due to RID limitations when the remote controller is in Multi-Aircraft Control mode. You could update and test, thanks.

Released date: 2024.01.15
Aircraft Firmware: V 01.00.0611
Remote Controller Firmware: V 01.00.0623
DJI Agras App: V 5.5.14
1-26 23:33
Use props
Jaco_Atms
lvl.2

South Africa

Hi.
I have made some new discoveries. I have figured out that when I am linking more than one craft the procedure to follow:

1. Turn off all craft to be connected
2. Turn on remote controller and leave it on home screen for +- 1 minute
3. Change remote mode to Multi device mode. Leave the remote like this before doing anything else +- 5 minutes. It is as if the software needs to be changed behind the scenes. I even sometimes restart the remote after 5 min, and then leave it one the home screen after restart for 2 min.
4. Turn on the first craft and enter linking mode on the craft
5. On the remote, enter the linking screen. The first craft will link. Remain on this screen for +- 1 minute to allow the remote to settle. it will still beep indicating it is waiting for another craft. DO NOT TURN ON THE SECOND CRAFT YET. Wait for the remote to settle.
6. Turn on the other craft to be linked. It will link. Repeat if more than 2 craft to be linked.
At this step is normally when my remote app will crash and I have to start over. It does not do it when I follow these steps. I hope that it works for others, but if not, I hope you can figure it out. Send me a message to help trouble shoot if you wish.
7. If you need to move to a new area, DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR REMOTE. Keep it in the executing task screen even it the crafts are not connected.

The most important parts of the steps above is leaving the remote to settle when prompted in my steps. This seemed to have solved my problems.

Other aspects I had setup:

1. I was not connected to the internet on the remote. Wi-Fi was OFF and Cellular connection OFF.
2. I was not in RTK mode. Cannot swarm in RTK mode according to DJI.
3. I am on firmware 0509 RC and 0530 on both craft. (0530 for AC as I had Liquid level meter issues).

@DJI Thor, there is still one thing that I have not been able to figure out. When swarming with these two craft, some flight logs go missing. Sections of a field do not display as being flown, but we definitely flew there. Can you please advise as to why the flight logs disappear in multi device mode?

I do apologize if my steps above are a little weird, but this is how I figured it out to work for me.
4-9 00:22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jaco_Atms Posted at 4-9 00:22
Hi.
I have made some new discoveries. I have figured out that when I am linking more than one craft the procedure to follow:

Glad to know you found a solution. If the crash issue occurs again, you can also provide us with the needed information mentioned above for further analysis. As for the flight logs issue, may I confirm if this issue occurs every time you enable the multi-device mode?
4-9 01:38
Use props
Jaco_Atms
lvl.2

South Africa

The missing flight logs occur every time I am in multi device mode, flying 2 aircraft. Please see picture attached.

There are times when I fly with the DJI D-RTK2 Mobile base station that the flight logs go missing as well. To do this, I also need to be in multi device mode to connect the D-RTK2 station. I would say 90% of the time flying a single craft with the D-RTK2 station flight logs go missing.
4-9 01:45
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jaco_Atms Posted at 4-9 01:45
The missing flight logs occur every time I am in multi device mode, flying 2 aircraft. Please see picture attached.

[view_image]

I see, we will confirm this issue with the corresponding team and keep you updated once we receive a reply.
4-9 01:59
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jaco_Atms Posted at 4-9 01:45

[view_image]

Hello, can you switch to different aircraft on the remote control and re-upload the flight records to see if they are still missing?
4-10 02:03
Use props
Jaco_Atms
lvl.2

South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-10 02:03
Hello, can you switch to different aircraft on the remote control and re-upload the flight records to see if they are still missing?

I don't think this will be possible at the moment. These flights occurred in February 2024, is it not to long ago? I can still try do it.

To be clear. I need to link both aircraft as I normally would, select the other aircraft and then back to the home screen and then try and upload the logs?
4-10 03:14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jaco_Atms Posted at 4-10 03:14
I don't think this will be possible at the moment. These flights occurred in February 2024, is it not to long ago? I can still try do it.

To be clear. I need to link both aircraft as I normally would, select the other aircraft and then back to the home screen and then try and upload the logs?

Hello. You can try to re-upload the flight records to see if they are still lost.Please keep us updated if the issue persists.
4-11 01:53
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jaco_Atms Posted at 4-10 03:14

We received a reply from our engineer saying that multi-device mode does have a probability of missing flight records, and we will continue to provide feedback on this issue. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
4-12 01:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules