Mavic 2 - Drone and RC repeatedly disconnecting
259 3 1-11 01:23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jimhallsworth
lvl.1

United Kingdom

So my drone hadn't been used for a little while but I need to complete a survey for work. Everything was charged fully before heading to site. Used an iPhone 7 with the RC and was getting repeated disconnections and then almost instantly reconnection. I managed to get the drone up into the air but the disconnections meant I had to abort the flight because I didn't consistently have control.

For the first attempt i was using the RC side USB connection with a DJI supplied cable to a Apple lightning port. I switched this out for an Apple supplied lightning cable using the bottom large USB port and was gettin the same issue.

Today I had another go using my iPad - new generation so has USB C connection - I used two different cables and was still getting the repeated disconnections and reconnections. I updated the firmware, cleaned the USB sockets with an air blower, deleted and re-installed the DJI Go 4 app, re-linked the RC with the drone and re-calibatred the IMU but none of that made any difference.

Two other people I know are experiencing the same issue.

I've basically run out of ideas on how to solve this, does anyone have suggestions or even better solutions!?
1-11 01:23
Use props
jimhallsworth
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I read on here that changing the channel from dual or 2.4 GHz to 5.8 GHz in transmission settings may have fixed the problem but that doesn't seem to have had any effect.
1-11 01:58
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May I confirm the exact error message that you encountered on the DJI GO 4 app? Also, please follow our recommendations below:

> Refresh/Update the firmware for aircraft and remote controller via DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic
> Re-link your remote controller and aircraft.
> Calibrate compass
> Test in an open area away from interferences and make sure to get a strong GPS signal.

Please feel free to reach us anytime for the latest progress.
1-11 22:25
Use props
jimhallsworth
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The error message refers to string interference but the location in which the error message presented itself that is not possible as its the middle of nowhere. I have flown there before and had zero issues. It also says "NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL, AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED"

1. Like I said in my original post I have updated the drone firmware and re-linked the drone and RC more than once.
2. The compass is calibrated.
3. The issue originally presented itself on an open track in woodland in the middle of nowhere. I have flown there before without issue.

I have tried repeatedly to figure out how to update the RC firmware but it appears to be impossible. I have updated firmware with the RC connected to the drone and the drone attached to DJI assistant and this didn't change the RC firmware.
1-12 01:46
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules