BUG: ISO value in PRO mode is not respected when...
488 15 1-11 05:55
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

(Seems like the title is too long and doesn't fit.)

I think I may have found a bug. Someone could confirm if this is indeed a bug and whether this happens with the Action 4 as well.

When you are in PRO mode, the ISO value will not be respected when switching stabilization mode.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Make sure you are in a room. Ambient lighting should be relatively low.
2. Set camera to PRO mode.
3. Set your stabilization to HorizonBalance.
4. Set your ISO value to a low value (eg between 100-200). At this point the disaplay should darken due to low ambient light and low ISO value.
5. Switch the stabilization from HorizonBalance to something else (eg RockSteady+). The screen all of a sudden brightens up, ignoring the ISO value.
6. Press record.
7. The screen all of a sudden darkens, respecting the ISO value.

EXPECTED RESULT:

When you manually set an ISO value and then switching stabilization mode, the screen should not brighten up ignoring the ISO value. Then when you press record, the screen should not darken again respecting the ISO value. The screen should stay at the brightness determined by the ISO value when switching stabilization mode.

See video recording of the issue below. Notice, as soon as I switch stabilization the screen will brighten up (ignoring the set ISO), and when I press record, the screen immediately darkens (respecting the ISO). This problem will show up in the recorded video footage upon inspection. The very first frame will be bright (using incorrect ISO) and consecutive frames will be dark (using correct ISO).

https://rumble.com/v46edt5-osmo- ... -stabilization.html

1-11 05:55
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

not happend here
1-11 11:40
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Thanks for checking. I'm sure this is a bug because I can reproduce it every time, even after resetting the camera to factory settings.

Do it like this. Set the camera to PRO mode and select Auto, then set the shutter to the highest (1/1600-1/8000) and ISO to 100-200 as on this image. I am in a completely dark room, only my laptop screen is on. On this photo you can see that the shutter/IOS combination is such that you cannot see the laptop screen through the camera display.

Now change your stabilization mode to something else and go back to the previous shutter/ISO settings. You can see that the settings are still the same, shutter is 1/1600-1/8000 and ISO is 100-200 as before, however, now you can see the laptop screen shining through the camera's display even though your settings didn't change. This is WRONG! This is a bug! When you changed stabililzation mode, something happened and the camera disregards the shutter/ISO setting.

1-11 12:14
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

it is a miracle
now I have the same issue. but sometimes it do not change the brightness

s
I dont change stabilization in low light so fast, start/stop the camera  and it is ok?
1-11 12:30
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

The only reason I demonstrated this in low light because it's easier to see the display. But you can do this in daylight and you'll get the same result. I usually don't switch stabilization either. I just select one before filming and let it rip. In the past I mainly used full auto mode so didn't manually adjust shutter/ISO. But now I notice myself more and more setting shutter/ISO values manually myself and ran into this issue.
1-11 13:06
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello, osmonauta. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We already forwarded this inquiry of yours to our relevant team for further clarification. I will keep you posted once we received a response. We appreciate your understanding and support.
1-11 21:19
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-11 21:19
Hello, osmonauta. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We already forwarded this inquiry of yours to our relevant team for further clarification. I will keep you posted once we received a response. We appreciate your understanding and support.

Thank you!
1-12 19:02
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You are most welcome. We will keep you posted once we receive a response.Have a nice day.
1-15 03:45
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hello, osmonauta. Sorry for the late response. Please confirm what specific firmware version are you using with your product. Please upload the video of yours via Google Drive so we can access it on our end. Lastly, after updating the firmware to the latest version and still the issue still persists, please include the camera log and firmware version along with the video showing the issue for further investigation. Thank you for your cooperation.
1-23 23:55
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-23 23:55
Hello, osmonauta. Sorry for the late response. Please confirm what specific firmware version are you using with your product. Please upload the video of yours via Google Drive so we can access it on our end. Lastly, after updating the firmware to the latest version and still the issue still persists, please include the camera log and firmware version along with the video showing the issue for further investigation. Thank you for your cooperation.

FW: 01.03.10.30
Camera FW: 10.00.31.12

The video was already posted in my first post. If you want to download the video, you can use this link and just paste the video URL into the box:
https://viddownloader.online/rumble-video-downloader/

I will send the link to the logs in a PM.
1-24 09:03
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

osmonauta Posted at 1-24 09:03
FW: 01.03.10.30
Camera FW: 10.00.31.12

Thank you for keeping us posted, Osmonauta. Kindly upload the video as well via Google Drive as we can't access the link for some reason and send it to us via PM. I already notice your message about the camera logs, we will wait for the link of the Google Drive with the video of the issue. We appreciate your cooperation.
1-26 01:28
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-26 01:28
Thank you for keeping us posted, Osmonauta. Kindly upload the video as well via Google Drive as we can't access the link for some reason and send it to us via PM. I already notice your message about the camera logs, we will wait for the link of the Google Drive with the video of the issue. We appreciate your cooperation.

Here you go:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... 6_/view?usp=sharing
1-26 09:01
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

osmonauta Posted at 1-26 09:01
Here you go:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h5wQ4U8A_LlPwpJ3LBczt7khwwYXir6_/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for the information provided, osmonauta. We will now coordinate this with the relevant team. We will surely keep you posted once we receive an update. We appreciate your patience.
1-29 02:19
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Kool beanz. Thanks.
1-31 03:37
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

osmonauta Posted at 1-31 03:37
Kool beanz. Thanks.

Hi there. Thank you for patiently waiting. This is normal. The preset parameters of camera exposure value will only follow the current shooting mode; so you need to set a set of exposure values for A mode, and when you switch to B mode, you need to set the parameters again. In addition, you are advised to enable the Low-light Image Enhancement in such an environment. We appreciate your understanding.
2-1 23:50
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Thank you for providing a completely useless and irrelevant answer. Based on my previous experience, I had a pretty good feeling that DJI will have no clue what is going on and reporting any issue to DJI is just a waste of time.

First of all, I never mentioned anything about exposure value, so exposure value has nothing to do with it since it’s not even being adjusted.

Second, what is this nonsense about “shooting modes”? First, you had me run around in circles of providing a video. Of course you can't just upload the video anywhere because Chine is apparently blocking Rumble. Whatever. I don’t understand what was the point of all this when it is apparent nobody even watched the video since shooting modes are not being changed. It is the same “shooting mode” all along. Only the stabilization has changed and by definition stabilization is not a “shooting mode”.

And third, enable low light image enhancement? It’s like saying if you broke your leg, try reading a different book. HUH!? What on earth are you talking about!? Jesus. I give up. It is clear support is a bunch of people with reading comprehension issues (no offense) who can only copy-paste pre-written materials.

I don’t even know why I even bothered to take the time to write all this up, take photos and video, when it's clear that nobody in China is able to follow step-by-step directions.

Please, just forget about it. It’s pointless to report anything to this organization. There is a clear and definite bug in timestamp when daylight savings time changes. DJI haven’t addressed that issue either because your solution is to connect my camera to the Mimo app. That’s seriously laughable.

Never mind. I’m done with DJI support once and for all. Seriously disappointing.
2-2 02:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules