DJI Pilot 2 - RAW format no longer supported?
476 10 1-11 08:47
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wojowinks
lvl.1

United States

This was available on the RC Pro software when I first purchased my DJI Mavic 3 Pro.  With the Pilot 2 update, the setting is still there, but pressing on it does nothing.   Also impossible to change the Image Ratio.  Does this mean we can no longer record RAW footage?
1-11 08:47
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you're incredibly confused on what hardware you have and/or which software you're supposed to be using.
1-11 11:26
Use props
wojowinks
lvl.1

United States

Why do you say that?  I have an RC Pro Controller.  The original software installed was replaced during a recommended update,  Now its the DJI Pilot 2 App.  Maybe you're right, but I just followed the instructions to update the software.   My Drone is A Mavic 3T Pro.  However, I am confused about many things with this controller.
1-11 12:37
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

There's a Mavic 3, a Mavic 3T and a Mavic 3 Pro. There's no such thing as a Mavic 3T Pro. There's also an RC Pro and an RC Pro Enterprise. If you have the standard RC Pro it won't even allow DJI Pilot 2 to be installed. You either flashed the wrong firmware or you have an enterprise model. Does it say enterprise on the back of the RC? Does it have 32GB or 64 GB of storage?
1-11 15:05
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you are using the DJI Mavic 3 Pro or Mavic 3T? Please note that the DJI Mavic 3 Pro can only be used with the DJI Fly app and the DJI Mavic 3T can be used with DJI Pilot 2. To check what drone are you using, you may click the link below and enter your serial number to check the details. Hope this helps.

https://service.dji.com/device/search?re=us&lang=en
1-11 20:10
Use props
wojowinks
lvl.1

United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-11 15:05
There's a Mavic 3, a Mavic 3T and a Mavic 3 Pro. There's no such thing as a Mavic 3T Pro. There's also an RC Pro and an RC Pro Enterprise. If you have the standard RC Pro it won't even allow DJI Pilot 2 to be installed. You either flashed the wrong firmware or you have an enterprise model. Does it say enterprise on the back of the RC? Does it have 32GB or 64 GB of storage?

Looks like I have a Mavic 3T and RC Pro Enterprise.   I use it professionally, so we did not buy the consumer version.  I guess I was confused by the manuals included with the drone, not knowing the differences between the versions.  Thanks for helping me clarify.
1-12 09:09
Use props
wojowinks
lvl.1

United States

The Question remains....are we no longer able to use RAW format vs jpg for our photos?  Pressing the format button does nothing.
1-12 10:09
Use props
wojowinks
lvl.1

United States

1-12 10:34
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

wojowinks Posted at 1-12 10:09
The Question remains....are we no longer able to use RAW format vs jpg for our photos?  Pressing the format button does nothing.

The short answer is no, RAW format does not exist at all on your Mavic 3T. The Mavic 3E has it on the wide camera but does not have it on the tele lens. It's a shame I know and I've asked DJI to please add it several times. They couldn't care less about customer feedback and they'd rather tell us what we need instead of listening to our actual needs.  

1-12 11:54
Use props
wojowinks
lvl.1

United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-12 11:54
The short answer is no, RAW format does not exist at all on your Mavic 3T. The Mavic 3E has it on the wide camera but does not have it on the tele lens. It's a shame I know and I've asked DJI to please add it several times. They couldn't care less about customer feedback and they'd rather tell us what we need instead of listening to our actual needs.

Thank you!   Could've sworn it was there before I updated the Pilot 2 App, but maybe I just saw it on a video somewhere.  I also thought I the 3T Cameras were the same as the 3E.  I have wide, tele, and thermal.  I guess it's still not clear to me what the Mavic 3 Enterprise is.  Isn't it just the RTK module added?
1-12 12:10
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

wojowinks Posted at 1-12 12:10
Thank you!   Could've sworn it was there before I updated the Pilot 2 App, but maybe I just saw it on a video somewhere.  I also thought I the 3T Cameras were the same as the 3E.  I have wide, tele, and thermal.  I guess it's still not clear to me what the Mavic 3 Enterprise is.  Isn't it just the RTK module added?

The Mavic 3T has a 1/2" wide sensor, a 1/2" tele sensor and the thermal camera. The Mavic 3E has a 4/3" wide sensor and a 1/2" tele sensor. They both have the option of using an RTK module but the Mavic 3T's RTK doesn't have time sync so it is rather lacking in positioning when compared. The wide camera on the Mavic 3 Enterprise has a mechanical shutter but both RGB cameras on the 3T are electronic shutters.
1-12 12:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules