POI over 9/11 Memorial...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TAZ
lvl.2

United States

Was able to utilize POI as the theme of this video intermixed with Course Lock, and Waypoints with my P3P in a local residents personal 9/11 memorial he erected in his front yard.  I just dropped by thinking perhaps he may have some sensitivity in allowing an "aircraft" to fly over his Twin Towers.  Turns out he is also a drone enthusiast (although not Phantom) and has several RC planes too and a super cool guy.  Even offered my a beer and I hung out with him while he greeted people that just dropped by to support his efforts.

In all, everything worked flawlessly...except for CL.  It was a bit of a squeaker flying between the towers because CL allows too much lateral movement.  I saved a few of my waypoints and intend on returning some evening and record a rerun of the waypoint footage, but at night.  The Towers are fully lit, so should make for an interesting use of the resulting waypoint video of day vs. night.

There was some news coverage of his efforts also:  http://goo.gl/GEwPvQ

2015-9-8
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Awesome, seriously great stuff right there!  Both to the man who built it and to you filming it!  Seriously makes me so proud to be in this country I love!  Keep that stuff up right there!!
2015-9-8
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

great work! you should consider a ND filter though.
2015-9-9
Use props
TAZ
lvl.2

United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-9-9 13:47
Awesome, seriously great stuff right there!  Both to the man who built it and to you filming it!  Se ...

Wow, thanks.  Best compliment ever.  To be able to be inspired by the land/people around us and put it into video form that offers a visceral reaction to another...that's why we do this.  Couldn't be happier you appreciated it.  It was pretty cool visiting/filming  it in person, but more awesome to just hang out and experience the people stopping by (random individuals, firemen, military, etc) and watch them appreciate Tims work on his tribute was even more inspiring.
2015-9-9
Use props
zoti
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101526 ft
United States

Don't crash your aircraft into the building.
2015-9-9
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.3

zoti Posted at 2015-9-10 03:00
Don't crash your aircraft into the building.

Beat me to it......  
2015-9-21
Use props
noticon75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14698 ft

United States

Awesome work!!!!  Brought tears to my eyes!  Tell your neighbor thank you for his work on this and thank you for filming and sharing!
2015-9-21
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

No video to fill that big hole?
2015-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules