Should I buy the avata now, or wait for the avata 2?
4530 7 1-12 23:30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drone flyer fpv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10010 ft

Singapore

Hi everyone, I am an avid drone pilot. I have built and flown my fair share of fpv drones and I have gone through the list of mini 3 pro's and mavic drones in my life so far. I would like to ask however, whether it is a good idea for me to purchase the avata drone now(to become my cinewhoop) as I have quite a few 5-7inch drones but no relatively small ones. I would like my next drone to be something I dont need to build myself, which is why I am looking at DJI right now. Thing is, the avata has been out for over a year, and i am unsure whether DJI is planning to release a new similar drone soon(within the next 2 months), or whether I should splurge and get the avata instead.
1-12 23:30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The rumour I saw was the next avata might be an avata mini so if that was an interest might be worth waiting
1-13 01:21
Use props
drone flyer fpv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10010 ft

Singapore

DAFlys Posted at 1-13 01:21
The rumour I saw was the next avata might be an avata mini so if that was an interest might be worth waiting

do you know when it is expected to come out
1-13 05:15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since the Avata came out August 2022 it would be a fair guess that its successor would release summer 2024.  However, only DJI knows for sure and they aren't tipping their hand as to when.  None of the reliable leakers have posted a hint yet either.  
1-13 08:23
Use props
Funn 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168999 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you can get the Avata at 30% off like I did a month ago, I'd go for it!  I've been flying DJI drones for 10 years, and have many, and this is by far my favorite. This is thing is fun.
1-13 11:36
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

drone flyer fpv Posted at 1-13 05:15
do you know when it is expected to come out

Id expect it fairly soon as the current Avata just got a lot harder to fly in Europe because of the new rules in place.  
1-13 23:52
Use props
djiuser_8DygmSkfE5P5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48586 ft
Italy

Wait the avata 3
1-14 01:40
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I usually buy right before a new release and get some discount on the older product.
Most often the updates are not worth the increased price for me and I'd rather start flying with the 'second best' option that is still very good!
2-20 23:48
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules