530 10 1-13 06:33
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

While following me did not see the branch - was about to stabilize itself in the air but hit the lamp post and landed on the ground without a scratch even on props!!!

1-13 06:33
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice to hear it survived that crash Alex.  Even with the latest version of OA it still can't see small twigs and cables which is why I've only tried that function if fairly open spaces.  
1-13 08:36
Use props
civic_enjoyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41539 ft
Poland

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-13 09:04
Glad it survived & if you haven't already, I suggest you purchase a Care Refresh policy from DJI.  As mentioned, OA does not work well on bare tree branches, utility lines, etc..   They also do not function in low light.  If you use ActiveTrack in these situations it is only a matter of time before a crash occurs.  The sensors work much better when the trees are full of leaves.

Is the care refresh even genuinely worth it? You pay 100 for the insurance and then like another 100 for repair anyway. You can repair everything under this price, many of the things even by yourself - except replacing the full gimbal (but you can most often repair it cheaper in a shop) or water damage
1-13 15:55
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We're glad your aircraft did not take any damage. If you experience any errors, we suggest sending it to DJI to get it repaired for flight safety. We appreciate your understanding and valued support. Have a great day.
1-13 19:58
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

civic_enjoyer Posted at 1-13 15:55
Is the care refresh even genuinely worth it? You pay 100 for the insurance and then like another 100 for repair anyway. You can repair everything under this price, many of the things even by yourself - except replacing the full gimbal (but you can most often repair it cheaper in a shop) or water damage

Hello there. The fee when using the Care refresh is for replacement. The repair is done without using the Care Refresh and will be either covered by the warranty depending on the assessment's outcome and the unit's warranty period or by paying the total amount. To learn more, you can check this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1. Have a nice day.
1-13 20:06
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, the moment you realise it "could" hit, press pause in the RC, i will stop dead, certainly at those speeds, faster and it may fly a little further, in your case it would have prevented 2 crashes and a hard landing
1-13 22:21
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Bashy Posted at 1-13 22:21
Hi, the moment you realise it "could" hit, press pause in the RC, i will stop dead, certainly at those speeds, faster and it may fly a little further, in your case it would have prevented 2 crashes and a hard landing

I was fooled by his slight diving that he'll dive and go under the branches anyhow - lesson learned - not there yet
1-13 22:53
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alex_markov Posted at 1-13 22:53
I was fooled by his slight diving that he'll dive and go under the branches  anyhow - lesson learned - not there yet

No worries, hindsight is a pain, plus, its easier said than done, the pause button isn't the 1st thing in ya mind, its normally, oh shlt, but its something you should practise often, just every now and then, hit the pause button, then over time it will become muscle memory
1-14 00:20
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Bashy Posted at 1-14 00:20
No worries, hindsight is a pain, plus, its easier said than done, the pause button isn't the 1st thing in ya mind, its normally, oh shlt, but its something you should practise often, just every now and then, hit the pause button, then over time it will become muscle memory

Not a good prospect for the Pause button as I am flying myself 99.99999% of the time this was just an experimenting with the new toy features
1-14 01:01
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-15 03:30
$129 for two years coverage.  $65 replacement cost for a Mini 3 Pro or Mini 4 Pro, includes shipping both ways.  Up to 4 replacements over 2 years, plus Fly Away coverage (not sure the deductible?).  You essentially get a new aircraft, regardless of damage, for $65.  Use the Express option & you will have a new bird in 2-3 days.  Yes I think it's a great deal, especially for new pilots.

All my drones have a care refresh. I used it only twice but well worth it even once my Avata get lost in the waterfall and they sent me new one for ~150 USD
1-18 22:04
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ouch.
Hope the drone is ok.
2-20 23:50
Use props
Advanced