registration C1 Air 2s
50288 528 1-14 00:49
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_qd5fVRVOMlYN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328478 ft
Czechia

Hi, I have a question about the certification of Air 2S on C1 is it already launched? Is there any instruction on how to do this? If so, what will be the time frame for registration? Thanks
1-14 00:49
Use props
gibecas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3549613 ft
Italy

Hello On the DJI Facebook page we talk about the end of January...   
Air2s_c1.JPG
1-14 07:33
Use props
MichaelUbuntu64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1689961 ft
Germany

gibecas Posted at 1-14 07:33
Hello On the DJI Facebook page we talk about the end of January...

End of January when ?
2024 ?
2025 ?
2026 or later ?
1-14 09:02
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We understand the importance of this request. DJI is committed to complying with the new European Drone Regulation for other existing drone models. We will work with notified bodies to obtain additional drone certificates over the coming year. More details will be announced in due course. Have a nice day.
1-14 19:54
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Flight distance : 682438 ft
United States

MichaelUbuntu64 Posted at 1-14 09:02
End of January when ?
2024 ?
2025 ?

I suppose that 2024...
1-14 22:19
Use props
djiuser_jk7KsGColr7t
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136932 ft
Germany

https://www.facebook.com/1000649 ... 9DAmgpgKAuYUDbGdl/?
1-15 04:46
Use props
Dainiss
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4522976 ft
Latvia

From Facebook:
DJI  Update: The release of the C1 label for the Air 2S is now scheduled for early March instead of late January as originally planned. We have encountered additional complexities that require thorough attention and resolution and appreciate your anticipation. Stay tuned for an even better experience!

1-15 04:50
Use props
MichaelUbuntu64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1689961 ft
Germany

As i have written ;)
Which End of January ?
1-15 22:46
Use props
gibecas
lvl.4
Italy

MichaelUbuntu64 Posted at 1-15 22:46
As i have written ;)
Which End of January ?

at this point...which March...?
1-16 00:51
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

gibecas Posted at 1-16 00:51
at this point...which March...?

2024, read properly their post on Facebook. They have specified the year xD
1-19 03:28
Use props
gibecas
lvl.4
Italy

Fozando Posted at 1-19 03:28
2024, read properly their post on Facebook. They have specified the year xD

Maybe I saw another one... but it was just a joke...xD
1-19 06:56
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

gibecas Posted at 1-19 06:56
[view_image]

Maybe I saw another one... but it was just a joke...xD

Read the main message of that thread. It clearly says "Drones in European Skyes 2024"
1-19 09:27
Use props
gibecas
lvl.4
Italy

Fozando Posted at 1-19 09:27
Read the main message of that thread. It clearly says "Drones in European Skyes 2024"

Yes, at first glance I had no doubts that it was 2024 when I replied to djiuser_qd5fVRVOMlYN... but given MichaelUbuntu64's reply I was alarmed... and I repeat it was just a joke... I can easily wait for March, I have faith in DJI. Greetings.
1-19 11:47
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

gibecas Posted at 1-19 11:47
Yes, at first glance I had no doubts that it was 2024 when I replied to djiuser_qd5fVRVOMlYN... but given MichaelUbuntu64's reply I was alarmed... and I repeat it was just a joke... I can easily wait for March, I have faith in DJI. Greetings.

If it wasn't 2024 I think that they should specify the year
1-19 12:30
Use props
gibecas
lvl.4
Italy

Fozando Posted at 1-19 12:30
If it wasn't 2024 I think that they should specify the year

today we are no longer surprised by anything...
1-19 12:45
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

gibecas Posted at 1-19 12:45
today we are no longer surprised by anything...

That would be a extrange and dangerous surprise for DJI
1-20 05:35
Use props
djiuser_qd5fVRVOMlYN
lvl.2
Czechia

So we'll believe that it will really be March 2024, it's clear that DJI wants to support sales of the Air3 before allowing back-labeling for the Air 2S...hopefully they won't disappoint.
1-27 01:26
Use props
gibecas
lvl.4
Italy

djiuser_qd5fVRVOMlYN Posted at 1-27 01:26
So we'll believe that it will really be March 2024, it's clear that DJI wants to support sales of the Air3 before allowing back-labeling for the Air 2S...hopefully they won't disappoint.

Browsing YouTube we discover that the responsibility for the delay is not entirely attributable to DJI...we'll see...

DJI Air 2S, C1 Label DELAYED! EASA To Blame?
1-29 06:00
Use props
djiuser_qd5fVRVOMlYN
lvl.2
Czechia

gibecas Posted at 1-29 06:00
Browsing YouTube we discover that the responsibility for the delay is not entirely attributable to DJI...we'll see...

[view_image]

ok, we'll see when the authorities decide
1-29 06:24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats a shame, the UK will miss out on being able to fly sub 900g, i can only fly sub 500g with the only restriction being, no intentional flight over persons with my A2 CofC, that course was specifically for the new C Ratings.

What about built-up (urban) areas for your sub 900g?
2-12 18:15
Use props
djiuser_WuXuz2bSXdTv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157976 ft
Germany

Someone in DJI's Germany Facebook entry writes that it will probably take until June. Can someone from DJI write here how long it will really take?

"Marco Eggert Strahm
DJI I recently heard about a new postponement date. It should be June 2024. That would be another 3 months on top of that. Can anyone confirm or (even better) deny this? THANKS!"
2-25 07:27
Use props
gibecas
lvl.4
Italy

From relaxing hobby to irritating stress... it's just a moment...
2-26 13:11
Use props
josePG
lvl.2
Spain

Yeah there are only 2 days left to enter the month of March and now a user comes to spoil the party with a publication that I can't find anywhere
2-26 23:43
Use props
gibecas
lvl.4
Italy

josePG Posted at 2-26 23:43
Yeah there are only 2 days left to enter the month of March and now a user comes to spoil the party with a publication that I can't find anywhere

Exactly!
2-27 01:42
Use props
djiuser_zKEWkRFrlzts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470548 ft
Portugal

We can't wait any longer to be able to fly the Air 2s legally. At this point, not even Remote ID is supported so it cannot be flown in EU at all since January 1st, 2024, and this is unacceptable since Remote ID is supported by this drone in the USA. I cannot understand how DJI still sells this drone everywhere in Europe even though it is illegal to fly it here. At the very least, please activate Remote ID now so that we can fly it in A3 scenarios until the C1 certification process is complete.

Edit: I was wrong, the Air 2s can still be flown in A3 without Remote ID.

Source: https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/document-library/general-publications/drone-open-category-applicable-requirements-fly-1st-january
2-27 01:45
Use props
josePG
lvl.2
Spain

The air 2s can be flown in A3 scenarios, or am i wrong? we are need  thing is to be able to fly them in A1 scenarios.
2-27 04:03
Use props
djiuser_zKEWkRFrlzts
lvl.2
Portugal

josePG Posted at 2-27 04:03
The air 2s can be flown in A3 scenarios, or am i wrong? we are need  thing is to be able to fly them in A1 scenarios.
Just checked EASA website and it looks like remote id is recommeded but not mandatory for legacy drones. I apologize for the confusion.

Source: https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/document-library/general-publications/drone-open-category-applicable-requirements-fly-1st-january
2-27 04:12
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

djiuser_zKEWkRFrlzts Posted at 2-27 04:12
Just checked EASA website and it looks like remote id is recommeded but not mandatory for legacy drones. I apologize for the confusion.

The possibility to fly the Air2S legally  has been already discussed many times and there is not a clear interpretation. The remote ID is not an issue. But the article you posted mentions the MTOM (maximum take off mass) and this is a specification that can be provided only by the manufacturer. Up to now, DJI has not yet published an official MTOM declaration for the Air 2S. They did it for the Mini 3 Pro, the Mini 2 and the Mini 4 Pro.
Some interpretation tell that under those conditions, the Air 2S cannot legally fly in Open category.
I kindly suggest to check with the CAA of your country what is the local interpretation.
2-27 07:26
Use props
Thasitis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151391 ft
Germany

djiuser_WuXuz2bSXdTv Posted at 2-25 07:27
Someone in DJI's Germany Facebook entry writes that it will probably take until June. Can someone from DJI write here how long it will really take?

"Marco Eggert Strahm

It would be appreciated if a DJI representative could comment on this before the speculations here escalate again. And please, a relevant response and not just nonsensical standard phrases, as that only leads to wild and unnecessary speculations. Thank you.
2-27 07:58
Use props
josePG
lvl.2
Spain

I think that this has no interpretation (it may have been in old regulations) but in the new one it is clear.

Subcategory A3:

Only for drones with a class mark, manufacturers have the responsibility for declaring the maximum take-off mass of the drone.

When using a drone without a class identification label the maximum take off mass is not available. In this case the remote pilot has the possibility to weight the drone before the flight and make sure it is within the above limits.

2-27 08:03
Use props
djiuser_zKEWkRFrlzts
lvl.2
Portugal

FabioV Posted at 2-27 07:26
The possibility to fly the Air2S legally  has been already discussed many times and there is not a clear interpretation. The remote ID is not an issue. But the article you posted mentions the MTOM (maximum take off mass) and this is a specification that can be provided only by the manufacturer. Up to now, DJI has not yet published an official MTOM declaration for the Air 2S. They did it for the Mini 3 Pro, the Mini 2 and the Mini 4 Pro.
Some interpretation tell that under those conditions, the Air 2S cannot legally fly in Open category.
I kindly suggest to check with the CAA of your country what is the local interpretation.
I would say that one would be able to easily prove to any authority, beyond any reasonable doubt, that the Air 2s is well below the 25kg limit. So I don't think that should be a concern. But then again I am no lawyer so don't take my word for it. I agree that things would be a lot easier if DJI would just make the drone compliant by releasing all the applicable documentation and certifications. I would like to be able to fly with confidence that I am fully compliant, but I've never been able to fully enjoy my Air 2s even when under the A2 scenarios (I took the A2 certification just because of this drone and now it is worthless). C1 is really what we need for this drone and the lack of that since its release has severely limited me in using it to its full potential because we can only fly it in the middle of nowhere.
2-27 08:16
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

josePG Posted at 2-27 08:03
I think that this has no interpretation (it may have been in old regulations) but in the new one it is clear.

Subcategory A3:

Unfortunately there is not any "new" regulation. We're talking about the Article 20 of EU Regulation 2019/947. This paper is the only that has a legal validity in front of a judge and it does not tell anywhere that a pilot can measure the weight of his drone if the MTOM is not available.
Things published on the web are rubbish.
A user of this forum asked the CAAs of two different countries and he obtained a different interpretation. He shared the answers in a thread. For that reason I'm keeping my Air 2S in the wardrobe, until the C1 classification will be issued  (my home country is the one that provided a negative answer). I suggesting to formally ask your local CAA for its interpretation, before taking any risk.
2-27 10:38
Use props
josePG
lvl.2
Spain

FabioV Posted at 2-27 07:26

Now it is clear to me, I can use my Air 2S on A3 until the label issue is resolved. Thanks

2-27 11:42
Use props
AlmaLibre
lvl.2
Czechia

In the Czech Republic, I can fly with my Air2S according to MTOM in Open A3. If it gets a C1 label I'll move to A1.
2-27 12:05
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

Guys, I’m really happy that your country allows you to fly the Air 2s. But up to now it does not have any official MTOM declared. This should be a statement included in the User’s Manual (as it is for the Mini 2, 3 and 4), not published somewhere in the net. I expect it will be make available soon. In the meantime, I’using the Mini 4 Pro.
2-27 13:26
Use props
josePG
lvl.2
Spain

Somewhere on the internet? I imagine you're kidding, right?

This information, as you well know, is taken from the official website of AESA (Spanish Air Safety Agency of the Government of Spain) not from the website of a ristorante.
This is the updated list of UAS manufacturers' declarations and is updated periodically. 2 weeks ago there was no data the Air 2S, so DJI has published the MTOM data for the Air 2s reciently, so surely that is the previous step to obtain the C1 label.

I'm very sorry that DJI has so many problems with the Italian government. Don't worry, I'm sure everything will be resolved it

https://www.seguridadaerea.gob.es/es/ambitos/drones/requisitos-de-uas-drones/listado-de-fabricantes-y-modelos-de-uas#Listado%20de%20fabricantes%20y%20modelos%20de%20UAS

2-27 21:34
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

josePG Posted at 2-27 21:34
Somewhere on the internet? I imagine you're kidding, right?

This information, as you well know, is taken from the official website of AESA (Spanish Air Safety Agency of the Government of Spain) not from the website of a ristorante.

There is not any problem between the Italian ENAC and DJI. The situation I described involves all the legacy drones in the market. AESA and ENAC are working in a very different way. For instance, I got my A2 certificate with AESA (also without speaking Spanish ...) because in Italy there is not an option for a remote proctored exam.
The information available on AESA site about the Air 2S are relevant, because it means that the certification process is almost at the end. You're reasonable sure to fly legally in Spain. But, based on that content, I'm not in Italy: I'm still waiting for an updated version of the Air 2S manual that declares the MTOM. I hope the new month will bring some news.
2-28 03:50
Use props
josePG
lvl.2
Spain

- First you say: I suggest formally asking your local CAA for their interpretation, before taking any risks.
- Then I look at the AESA official website and certify that the MTOM is published
- Then you say: not published somewhere in the net
- And finally you say: "That you know AESA well and that you got your A2 license there.

Every comment you make contradicts the previous one.

In Spain, AESA is the official website of the air safety agency and is also the administration that fines you and ensures compliance with drone laws.

Therefore, if the MTOM information is published in AESA, that is who I have to pay attention to. As you will understand, I am not going to ignore AESA and pay attention to what you think.

I don't think it makes any more sense to continue with this discussion.

2-28 11:45
Use props
josePG
lvl.2
Spain

AlmaLibre Posted at 2-27 12:05
In the Czech Republic, I can fly with my Air2S according to MTOM in Open A3. If it gets a C1 label I'll move to A1.

Great!  i am sure that most countries in the European Union will not have problems with DJI obtaining drone labels.
2-28 11:47
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

josePG Posted at 2-28 11:45
- First you say: I suggest formally asking your local CAA for their interpretation, before taking any risks.
- Then I look at the AESA official website and certify that the MTOM is published
- Then you say: not published somewhere in the net

Here in the forum there are not only people flying in Spain it's clear that my consideration are for all. If you're flying in Spain only, you're safe, because AESA already took a well defined position. If you plan to fly abroad, please consider that in other countries you may experience some issue. But I suppose that it's only matter of few days.
2-29 00:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules