registration C1 Air 2s
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eclipsek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221952 ft
Poland

Greglaz125 Posted at 4-7 23:04
I didn't lose my temper.It's simple.I say what i know, I don't spread misinformation on purpose.If I'm wrong, sure, correct me and that's it.Im not like those toxic ppl who, when you tell them the truth, they know the truth, and you're right even 200%, they will still find a way to make a comeback no matter what, cause being toxic is good, whether you're right or wrong, whether logic wins or not.This is why most times I don't comment on the internet, and sometimes it's better to be a bit antisocial and out of events.

If you know that ppl are wrong and feel the need to correct them, do it, but if sometimes it gets too much to handle, then don't bother, cause it's the internet, not your students to keep trying.

Yes it is a big bother because if the first thing people find on Google is something breaking the rules and they brake them, they will cause the rules to tighten and they might end up injuring someone. I'm not talking about you specifically, since any one of us is statistically insignificant but I am speaking in general.
4-8 00:40
Use props
Greglaz125
lvl.2

Greece

eclipsek Posted at 4-8 00:40
Yes it is a big bother because if the first thing people find on Google is something breaking the rules and they brake them, they will cause the rules to tighten and they might end up injuring someone. I'm not talking about you specifically, since any one of us is statistically insignificant but I am speaking in general.
Yeah.In the end, everyone pays for the mistake of one person who wanted to break that rule no matter what, like Fabio said above.There's a lot of videos in YouTube that shows an other side of the drone community.I like to believe that they are nothing but a minority, and that most of us behave the right way.Then again I might be naive for thinking that.
4-8 01:00
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

eclipsek Posted at 4-8 00:40

That's exactly right!  and moderators should do the job of removing anything that totally disagrees with the rule.
4-8 01:48
Use props
Greglaz125
lvl.2

Greece

Guess we're waiting then.
4-8 04:12
Use props
Kal1x
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276240 ft
Poland

FabioV Posted at 4-7 05:56
Regulation are required because the most of people does not have any sense of responsibility and, when left without any limitation, they would continuously put at risk themselves and all the other people. Please imagine a world without speed limits and driving regulation. Regulations are not perfect, but they’re necessary in the real world.

Don't have to imagine the world without speed limits, just go to Germany and check their highways. China or India, also have "Chaos" on the roads, but still is very safe to drive there.
Drones/RC models existed long before DJI and people used them not only on the hobby airfields. Do you believe that someone won't do anything stupid, just because of regulation?
First of all, that peson would need to know that the regulations even exist, second, he/she need to want to comply with them.
Currently, the biggest hits are getting people who want to comply and not doing anything stupid. just want to fly their machines, especially FPV pilots, which I consider the safest pilots.
So far, in my country, the biggest threat is.... Police, they have "lost" their matrix drone. Anyone who wants to break the law that already exists, will do it eitherway. No restriction will prevent it.
4-8 05:49
Use props
Thasitis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151391 ft
Germany

I think it would be great if we could get back to the topic of the C1 certification of the DJI Air 2s in this thread. Anything else is just a distraction, and we should keep the discussion on certification going here.

Regarding the regulations and rules for flying drones in the Open Category, there are other threads for that, or we can discuss it in a new thread. As has already been mentioned here, there are many misconceptions about the rules, and there's a lot of half-knowledge being spread on the internet (Forums, YouTube, Blogs, etc.).
4-8 07:42
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682438 ft
Spain

Thasitis Posted at 4-8 07:42
I think it would be great if we could get back to the topic of the C1 certification of the DJI Air 2s in this thread. Anything else is just a distraction, and we should keep the discussion on certification going here.

Regarding the regulations and rules for flying drones in the Open Category, there are other threads for that, or we can discuss it in a new thread. As has already been mentioned here, there are many misconceptions about the rules, and there's a lot of half-knowledge being spread on the internet (Forums, YouTube, Blogs, etc.).

I completely agree with this
4-8 08:04
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

I think it would be great if we could get back to the topic of the C1 certification of the DJI Air 2s in this thread. Anything else is just a distraction, and we should keep the discussion on certification going here.

Regarding the regulations and rules for flying drones in the Open Category, there are other threads for that, or we can discuss it in a new thread. As has already been mentioned here, there are many misconceptions about the rules, and there's a lot of half-knowledge being spread on the internet (Forums, YouTube, Blogs, etc.).

I got your point ... But it's quite clear that we don't need any further discussion about the C1 certification. DJI's position is clear: please be patient ! And we're. In the meantime, waiting that something happens, we can spend our time discussing about many other b****hits ...
4-8 09:05
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

I think it would be great if we could get back to the topic of the C1 certification of the DJI Air 2s in this thread. Anything else is just a distraction, and we should keep the discussion on certification going here.

Regarding the regulations and rules for flying drones in the Open Category, there are other threads for that, or we can discuss it in a new thread. As has already been mentioned here, there are many misconceptions about the rules, and there's a lot of half-knowledge being spread on the internet (Forums, YouTube, Blogs, etc.).

Debates on rules and regulations belong here.  

What is disturbing is the users who make no contribution, and who we see appear from time to time to tell others what they have to do.  

This thread must remain active to remain visible and thus not fall into oblivion.  It should be remembered that the possibility that DJI may have changed its mind on the certification of this drone is a possible cause of this delay.  I'm not saying that's necessarily it, but in case the idea is to put us to sleep... Better stay active and keep an eye on.
4-8 09:05
Use props
Zeb61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145390 ft
Italy

IMHO, drones are UAS/VTOL that fly in the same air space of conventional aviation. This means that we have to respect rules and restrictions. Stop.

4-8 10:03
Use props
Zeb61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145390 ft
Italy

IMHO, drones are UAS/VTOL that fly in the same air space of conventional aviation. This means that we have to respect rules and restrictions. Stop.

4-8 10:03
Use props
djiuser_Xuz8yCPXp2ks
lvl.1

Germany

Zeb61 Posted at 4-8 10:03

Absolutely right. Everyone with a different oppinion should think long and hard if they are fit to fly a drone.
4-8 11:25
Use props
Thasitis
lvl.2
Germany

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-8 09:05
Debates on rules and regulations belong here.  

What is disturbing is the users who make no contribution, and who we see appear from time to time to tell others what they have to do.  

Hey there,

Just wanted to share that I stumbled upon this forum while diving deep into the whole re-certification saga with the DJI Air 2s. Haven't been much of a poster before this because, well, I didn't have much to say until now.

Wasn't aiming to step on any toes with my previous message. Just thought since the thread is titled “registration C1 Air 2s,” that's what we'd mainly chat about. But hey, if mixing it up is the vibe here, I'm all for letting everyone do their thing. Your comment felt a bit like a brush-off to my two cents, but it's cool. Everyone's got the right to voice their thoughts, laid-back or not, right? And that goes for newbies and forum veterans alike.

Just tossing in my opinion into the mix. After all, isn't bouncing ideas off each other what forums are for?
4-8 12:03
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Thasitis Posted at 4-8 12:03
Hey there,

Just wanted to share that I stumbled upon this forum while diving deep into the whole re-certification saga with the DJI Air 2s. Haven't been much of a poster before this because, well, I didn't have much to say until now.

I just realized this was your first contribution to the forum.
You at least managed to break the mood.

Meanwhile, radio silence from the admins, where is the promised certification?

I'm bringing up the subject again because the more days pass, the more I have the feeling that someone is trying to put us to sleep.
4-8 20:58
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-8 20:58

This is the same situation as the one with the M3 SDK thread. Both should be on the top of the list of this forum to remember DJI that we have those things in mind all the time.
4-8 21:11
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Fozando Posted at 4-8 21:11
This is the same situation as the one with the M3 SDK thread. Both should be on the top of the list of this forum to remember DJI that we have those things in mind all the time.

Exactly, DJI is accustomed to doing so.

I sincerely think that human admins do the job and that they serve as a buffer between the community and the head of the company / marketing.

This week they ended up releasing Pilot2 features that were required a while ago. The subject was regularly reactivated by active members of the forum. So that serves a purpose.

Oops, we got off topic, we're going to get scolded again.
4-8 21:22
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-8 21:22
Exactly, DJI is accustomed to doing so.

I sincerely think that human admins do the job and that they serve as a buffer between the community and the head of the company / marketing.

I have just brought it again to the top of the forum. Let's see DJI manifest
4-8 21:31
Use props
Kal1x
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276240 ft
Poland

Do you guys think, there is a possibility that DJI is awaiting for updating DJI Fly app on Avata 2 premiere, so then it will be announced that Air 2s got C1?
4-9 01:06
Use props
Thasitis
lvl.2
Germany

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-8 20:58

Yes, I see it exactly the same way. As I've mentioned earlier in this thread, the admins themselves have no clue about the status and are just there to choke us off with meaningless answers and try to calm us down. I don't blame the admins; that's their job, but we should keep the pressure high both here and in the support chat to show DJI that they can't just brush this off.
4-9 01:11
Use props
Gert Kracht
lvl.2
Flight distance : 408373 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

As I chose to buy the Air 2S on January 18th 2024 on basis of the DJI announcement that the Air 2S will have a C1 classification, I now stand at a point I have to choose: wait or sell everything.
Information about the C1 certificate has spread to websites and forums all over the world. First end of Januari, then begin of March. Someone had made that decision to spread that information and answer for it. It is incorrect, and it is liable. I found several websites quoting DJI or spreading incorrect information: Air2S has C1 certification. This is a serious problem.

I cannot use the Air2S in C1, which is a pretty darn stupid situation. If I had known that this information was not correct, I would have never spend this money on the Air 2S.
And let me be clear: I prefer the Air 2S over many other drones. But now I have to find a solution for this.
My Mini 4Pro is flying great, but for more stable filming in windy circumstances I need a more heavy drone.

I have started a few communications towards the company who sold the drone.
I am also starting actions to inform people about the whole situation.

p.s. No need to reply with 'thank you for your patience....'. I prefer a real answer about this situation. No more pointing towards other persons, instances or companies. Start acting, call people, ask them. Be responsible for your product.
4-9 01:17
Use props
Greglaz125
lvl.2

Greece

Gert Kracht Posted at 4-9 01:17
As I chose to buy the Air 2S on January 18th 2024 on basis of the DJI announcement that the Air 2S will have a C1 classification, I now stand at a point I have to choose: wait or sell everything.
Information about the C1 certificate has spread to websites and forums all over the world. First end of Januari, then begin of March. Someone had made that decision to spread that information and answer for it. It is incorrect, and it is liable. I found several websites quoting DJI or spreading incorrect information: Air2S has C1 certification. This is a serious problem.

Was the Air2s was your first drone?If so, how much did you spent for it?Did you go with standard pack or combo?
4-9 01:37
Use props
tiagosmc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 478245 ft
Portugal

I guess C1 is not comming in early April either. DJI please give us an update, why is this taking so long and why is there no communication whatsoever? I understand you might want to manage expectations after two missed deadlines, but leaving everyone in the dark is the worst communication strategy ever. You are just building resentment in your customers.
4-9 04:44
Use props
djiuser_GzeZ2Cj9TQVy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124547 ft
Romania

So let's see... I want to buy a new gimbal, an action camera and my first FPV drone (after already acquiring a Spark, Air 2S, and an RS2 gimbal)... I think I'm starting to look at the competition as well...
4-9 05:28
Use props
AlmaLibre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328478 ft
Czechia

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-8 01:48
That's exactly right!  and moderators should do the job of removing anything that totally disagrees with the rule.

You're kidding me...too bad you didn't experience the Communist regime in Eastern EU. You wouldn't be able to write such nonsense about silencing anyone!! I hate this modern narrative to silence everything that doesn't fit.

A normal person approaches everything responsibly even if they sometimes break the rules or have you never driven more than the speed limit? Yes, the rules are good. If someone violates them and is caught or someone is injured, they will pay for it! What price, that is already a question of the seriousness of the violation of the rules.

Just wanted to write this...I'm back to waiting for certification.
4-9 05:29
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

tiagosmc Posted at 4-9 04:44
I guess C1 is not comming in early April either. DJI please give us an update, why is this taking so long and why is there no communication whatsoever? I understand you might want to manage expectations after two missed deadlines, but leaving everyone in the dark is the worst communication strategy ever. You are just building resentment in your customers.

It's funny because they just published a thread where there is a registered address of DJI.
From the communications team moreover.
It's not their habit, like announcing something firmly and then postponing it several times.

Is there trouble at DJI?

com.JPG
DJI PRO Launches Next-Generation Tools Offering Swift Setup,Intu... | DJI FORUM

4-9 05:31
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

AlmaLibre Posted at 4-9 05:29
You're kidding me...too bad you didn't experience the Communist regime in Eastern EU. You wouldn't be able to write such nonsense about silencing anyone!! I hate this modern narrative to silence everything that doesn't fit.

A normal person approaches everything responsibly even if they sometimes break the rules or have you never driven more than the speed limit? Yes, the rules are good. If someone violates them and is caught or someone is injured, they will pay for it! What price, that is already a question of the seriousness of the violation of the rules.

Wow, how strong you are going, my friend !

First of all, I kindly invite you to open a world map.

Then the idea is not to silence everyone. But to prevent the proliferation of false ideas which could lead to dangerous behavior.

The reasons were clearly expressed by another member in post #281 of this thread.

It's not communism, it's common sense.

4-9 05:36
Use props
fansd678b089
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97723 ft
Poland

Hello DJI, it's not funny anymore, please stop making a fool of yourself and make any announcement regarding AIR2S certification.
4-9 05:40
Use props
Gert Kracht
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Greglaz125 Posted at 4-9 01:37
Was the Air2s was your first drone?If so, how much did you spent for it?Did you go with standard pack or combo?

I got my first Air2S in december 2022. On the last day of 2023 I discovered that the drone was making a zooming sound. The horizontal gymbal was defective. Just after the warranty had ended. I asked for the price to repair which was more than 3/4 of a new Air 2S.
After some searching I found a brand new Air2S which I purchased after reading the news about the Air2S getting certified for C1, which at the time was great news. No more A2 license needed and the quality of the image, this for me was the perfect drone.
I now have to Air2S. One fly more set and one still flying in A3. Four batteries, two chargers, a lot of filters, two RC1 remotes and one RM330.

The rest is history.
4-9 06:06
Use props
Gert Kracht
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_GzeZ2Cj9TQVy Posted at 4-9 05:28
So let's see... I want to buy a new gimbal, an action camera and my first FPV drone (after already acquiring a Spark, Air 2S, and an RS2 gimbal)... I think I'm starting to look at the competition as well...

I have three DJI drones: Air 2S (2x) and Mini4 Pro, I also have the almost complete RS3 Pro set, a Osmo 3 Pocket and that iPhone gymbal grey thingy.
Would love to update my Air2S drones to a Air 3.
4-9 06:11
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35157 ft
  • >>>
Germany

eclipsek Posted at 4-7 08:29
Our best bet is trying to track changes here: https://www.certipedia.com/search?q=+Unmanned+Aircraft+Systems or here: https://www.certipedia.com/search?&q=SZ%20DJI%20TECHNOLOGY

I don't see the AIr2s there, do you?
4-9 06:41
Use props
Greglaz125
lvl.2

Greece

Gert Kracht Posted at 4-9 06:06
I got my first Air2S in december 2022. On the last day of 2023 I discovered that the drone was making a zooming sound. The horizontal gymbal was defective. Just after the warranty had ended. I asked for the price to repair which was more than 3/4 of a new Air 2S.
After some searching I found a brand new Air2S which I purchased after reading the news about the Air2S getting certified for C1, which at the time was great news. No more A2 license needed and the quality of the image, this for me was the perfect drone.
I now have to Air2S. One fly more set and one still flying in A3. Four batteries, two chargers, a lot of filters, two RC1 remotes and one RM330.
Nice.Just wanted to let you know, that it is usually not a good idea to buy such expensive products based on recent news, that's not 100% confirmed, at least at the time you got the drone, since now, I think it's 100% confirmed.You're playing dangerously with expensive stuff is all.DJI as a company, they could had done way many more things to draw more customers, but I'd rather not get into that topic.Some find it disturbing.
4-9 07:12
Use props
eclipsek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221952 ft
Poland

DosPalotes Posted at 4-9 06:41
I don't see the AIr2s there, do you?

No, it should appear there straight after DJI gets the green light
4-9 07:43
Use props
Crou
lvl.2

Poland

On Amazon where I purchased my drone it still says it will have C1 soon. I researched the topic and found info on official DJI channels that claimed C1 for beginning of March 2024 (I've looked beginning of March). I purchased this drone based on this information. Under EU law this is already ground to seek redress from the company so if everything else fails I will have to do that.

What I don't understand is why there's no official information from DJI on this topic.
They still use C1 in their advertising of Air 2s. But January passed, then March passed and there is no real info.
It's almost middle April. Where's the promised certification? Are you going to refund all Air 2s purchases if the drone doesn't get it soon? If so when are you going to do that? What will the refund process look like?
4-9 07:47
Use props
Ulf Pedersen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11634364 ft
Denmark

An old German saying Ordnung muß sein.

Wondering if bureaucracy has gone into it at TÜV Rheinland, so they can't figure out to give us C1
4-9 07:51
Use props
josePG
lvl.2
Spain

Greglaz125 Posted at 4-9 07:12
Nice.Just wanted to let you know, that it is usually not a good idea to buy such expensive products based on recent news, that's not 100% confirmed, at least at the time you got the drone, since now, I think it's 100% confirmed.You're playing dangerously with expensive stuff is all.DJI as a company, they could had done way many more things to draw more customers, but I'd rather not get into that topic.Some find it disturbing.

Are you the shopping guru? I will hire you as my CEO every time I go to purchase an item from a store.
When you buy a smartphone, for example from Xiaomi, and it tells you that it will have 4 years of updates and then they change their mind and only do 2. Did you know that too?
Whenever something fails, the typical Guru who always knows everything has to appear, he is a fortune teller in everything but then he is not able to put order in his own life.

4-9 07:57
Use props
Thasitis
lvl.2
Germany

@DJI Tony and  @DJI Diana, are there any updates on this matter? Have you finally heard anything substantial from the relevant departments at DJI?
4-9 08:21
Use props
FPVcaptain
lvl.2
Flight distance : 864652 ft
  • >>>
Spain

We should find out if there is any legal way to return our Air2S in case DJI does not certify them with the c1. Forgive me if I ignore something, it's just an idea so we don't stay with our arms crossed.
4-9 08:25
Use props
Greglaz125
lvl.2

Greece

josePG Posted at 4-9 07:57
Are you the shopping guru? I will hire you as my CEO every time I go to purchase an item from a store.
When you buy a smartphone, for example from Xiaomi, and it tells you that it will have 4 years of updates and then they change their mind and only do 2. Did you know that too?
Whenever something fails, the typical Guru who always knows everything has to appear, he is a fortune teller in everything but then he is not able to put order in his own life.
Correct
4-9 08:55
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Greglaz125 Posted at 4-9 08:55
Correct

4-9 09:28
Use props
Greglaz125
lvl.2

Greece

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-9 09:28
Toxic idiot.Im done and it shows in number 277 post.Us trolls and you the smart guy.Go F yourself.I don't care if I get banned.F like you exist everywhere.Not gonna waste my time anymore with this thread and your typical kind.You just can't seem to understand anything, whether I tried to talk to you the nice way or not.All communities are filled with at least one piece of S like you.
4-9 10:55
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules