registration C1 Air 2s
50808 529 1-14 00:49
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thasitis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151391 ft
Germany

Today, I chatted with DJI customer support. The representative first apologized for the delay in the recertification process and confirmed that it will soon be possible to certify the DJI Air 2s as C1. However, they were unable to provide an exact date at this time.
3-19 06:41
Use props
AlmaLibre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328478 ft
Czechia

DJI Tony Posted at 3-19 02:01
HI. There is no specific launch date yet as it depends on the EU country authority. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Strange that you are waiting for the EU authorities...I caught this FB conversation today:
I wrote to EASA that they would like to release C1 for AIR2S, here is the reply I got back:
Dear Mr Pedersen,
EASA is not the certifying authority for this class of drones. They are certified by the European Market Surveillance authority and EASA does not have an overview of the certification process.
We hope this clarifies it all.
Best regards;
Drone Section
European Union Aviation Safety Agency

So where is the truth?
3-19 08:53
Use props
djiuser_jk7KsGColr7t
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136932 ft
Germany

AlmaLibre Posted at 3-19 08:53
Strange that you are waiting for the EU authorities...I caught this FB conversation today:
I wrote to EASA that they would like to release C1 for AIR2S, here is the reply I got back:
Dear Mr Pedersen,

Look for https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 355&pid=3270099
Best regards
lonix
3-20 03:44
Use props
JJRplus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16686 ft

Netherlands

Is there any official status page for this? Its getting a bit annoying having to check all the different forums and posts to find if any of them have an update...
Very strange way of handling this, why do we need to hear about the delay from some reply to a reply to a facebook post?
This forum thread is one of the most viewed, make it easier for yourself DJI! Here's an idea:

Instead of having to answer all the people begging for answers on the dji forum, reddit, and all national drone forums, just create a status/announcement page, whatever, anything.
One that people can find when googling, and that you can refer to when anyone asks anything.
3-21 08:38
Use props
Zeb61
lvl.3
Flight distance : 132746 ft
Italy

JJRplus Posted at 3-21 08:38
Is there any official status page for this? Its getting a bit annoying having to check all the different forums and posts to find if any of them have an update...
Very strange way of handling this, why do we need to hear about the delay from some reply to a reply to a facebook post?
This forum thread is one of the most viewed, make it easier for yourself DJI! Here's an idea:

https://www.certipedia.com/companies/336726/product_certificates?locale=en

3-21 21:02
Use props
JJRplus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16686 ft

Netherlands

Zeb61 Posted at 3-21 21:02
https://www.certipedia.com/companies/336726/product_certificates?locale=en

Good find, thanks
3-21 23:48
Use props
djiuser_zKEWkRFrlzts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470548 ft
Portugal

EASA publishes a list of certified drones, but the Air 2S is not part of it so I suspect it might take a while until we have our C-class label:

https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/domains/civil-drones-rpas/open-category-civil-drones
3-22 01:26
Use props
Jozzino Air 2S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60843 ft
Italy

The time had come to put an end to this long wait. the time has come. Now
3-22 10:17
Use props
fans3afb2ab3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105748 ft
Czechia

We have promised our client to fly a certain mission during march due to DJI's announcement about C1 being available at early march. Now we're looking pretty unprofessional because of this situation.
DJI had at least two years to prepare for new EASA rules and yet they have failed to do so. I dont know how is this even possible unless DJI wants us to buy and empty their remaining AIR 2S stock based on these announcements and then they will purposefully fail to fulfill their promises to force us to buy newer drones. Wherever the truth is, this is becoming outrageous.
3-22 11:14
Use props
Zeb61
lvl.3
Italy

And DJI Tony seems lost in action...
3-23 22:11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AlmaLibre Posted at 3-19 08:53
Dear Mr Pedersen,

Hi. I checked this with our relevant team. The C1 certification/authorization department is a third-party certification agency designated by the European Union. Therefore, EASA cannot guarantee the outcome of this process. Rest assured, we are actively addressing this matter to ensure your complete satisfaction. We are fully committed to resolving any issues you may have and are doing everything in our power to achieve a positive outcome.
3-24 02:37
Use props
Roberto Piko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7750597 ft
Spain

Esperemos todo se aclare pronto y el Air 2s obtenga su esperado C1, para todos aquellos que realmente lo necesitan puedan volar tranquilos,
3-24 12:26
Use props
Zeb61
lvl.3
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 3-24 02:37
Hi. I checked this with our relevant team. The C1 certification/authorization department is a third-party certification agency designated by the European Union. Therefore, EASA cannot guarantee the outcome of this process. Rest assured, we are actively addressing this matter to ensure your complete satisfaction. We are fully committed to resolving any issues you may have and are doing everything in our power to achieve a positive outcome.

http://www.certipedia.com/companies/336726/product_certificates?locale=en

TÜV Rheinland is the NoBo (Notified Body) that's working on Air 2S C1 certification.
You could call them, asking news...
They are serious people, AFAIK.
3-24 14:22
Use props
djiuser_zTKJyeOQbaiX
lvl.1

Germany

Zeb61 Posted at 3-24 14:22

TÜV Rheinland is the NoBo (Notified Body) that's working on Air 2S C1 certification.

Yes, that is the TÜV Rheinland website. But no Air2S listed. Are there only products listed which were certified by the, but not products in ongoing certification?
3-25 00:42
Use props
Greglaz125
lvl.2

Greece

It's gonna get REAL bad if they let a ton of Air2S owners around Europe.Im not sure ppl will be thinking of DJI the same way again.This is literally like a bad parent, single out their children.
3-25 01:21
Use props
FPVcaptain
lvl.2
Flight distance : 864652 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have had to buy an external remote ID to be able to do a job, since DJI postponed the c1 label twice, and from what I see it will never come out... What I will not do in any way is buy a new drone just to have a label. It is a secret to no one that the Air2S in terms of camera (hardware) is better than the Air3... another thing is that they have improved it with software... I will not fall into the trap of buying an Air3 for a label, it is a handling.
3-25 02:04
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Greglaz125 Posted at 3-25 01:21
It's gonna get REAL bad if they let a ton of Air2S owners around Europe.Im not sure ppl will be thinking of DJI the same way again.This is literally like a bad parent, single out their children.

We appreciate your request and understand its significance. Our team is actively forwarding your feedback to the relevant departments. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
3-25 02:23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Zeb61 Posted at 3-24 14:22

TÜV Rheinland is the NoBo (Notified Body) that's working on Air 2S C1 certification.

Thank you very much for the information. Any news will be announced on the DJI official website or in the DJI Forum. We appreciate you're patience. Have a nice day.
3-25 02:52
Use props
djiuser_zKEWkRFrlzts
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Tony Posted at 3-25 02:52
Thank you very much for the information. Any news will be announced on the DJI official website or in the DJI Forum. We appreciate you're patience. Have a nice day.

I understand this is out of your hands but how much longer are we expected to wait without any news or official statement? It's almost April, please give us any sort of update, there has to be people at DJI who know what's going on. We just can't be asked to wait in silence forever for an update. It would be nice if DJI would show some respect for all of us waiting indefinitely.
3-25 09:06
Use props
eclipsek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221952 ft
Poland

Holy s***! I was about to buy this drone and this is the bs that dji is pulling, well phew dogged a bullet here.
3-25 13:33
Use props
FPVcaptain
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

eclipsek Posted at 3-25 13:33
Holy s***! I was about to buy this drone and this is the bs that dji is pulling, well phew dogged a bullet here.

Be careful, most would buy the Air3 because it already comes with C1. But the Air2s camera is better than the Air3
3-25 14:20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_zKEWkRFrlzts Posted at 3-25 09:06
I understand this is out of your hands but how much longer are we expected to wait without any news or official statement? It's almost April, please give us any sort of update, there has to be people at DJI who know what's going on. We just can't be asked to wait in silence forever for an update. It would be nice if DJI would show some respect for all of us waiting indefinitely.

Thank you for understanding. The exact date is to be determined by the dedicated EU authority. Rest assured we also want this to get resolved as soon as possible.
3-26 01:50
Use props
Greglaz125
lvl.2

Greece

FPVcaptain Posted at 3-25 14:20
Be careful, most would buy the Air3 because it already comes with C1. But the Air2s camera is better than the Air3
Photos are pretty much the same between the 2 drones.Its the video mode especially at night that makes a difference, cause Air 3 has a night mode.Unless you shoot videos many times at night, then Air 3 is the way to go....but maybe not anymore.For more than a month now, the Mavic 3 classic went to 1300€.It's just another 100€ over the Air 3, making it obsolete and dead on arrival.That is IF that price is not on some sale but a permanent cut instead.If it's a sale, I take it back lol.
3-26 02:35
Use props
Zeb61
lvl.3
Italy

At the moment I'm evaluating DJI affordability on Air 2S certification process.
I won't buy any other DJI product if they fail in the C1 certification.
I own Air 2S, Mini 2, Smart Controller, Action 2, plus a number of related accessories.  All of them are fantastic (Air 2S #1!), but DJI must demonstrate to me that it is not just a "chinese" company like others.

I pretend much more from them...
3-26 04:14
Use props
FPVcaptain
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

Greglaz125 Posted at 3-26 02:35
Photos are pretty much the same between the 2 drones.Its the video mode especially at night that makes a difference, cause Air 3 has a night mode.Unless you shoot videos many times at night, then Air 3 is the way to go....but maybe not anymore.For more than a month now, the Mavic 3 classic went to 1300€.It's just another 100€ over the Air 3, making it obsolete and dead on arrival.That is IF that price is not on some sale but a permanent cut instead.If it's a sale, I take it back lol.

You are totally wrong. I do topography with enterprise drones. On several occasions I made tests (photos) in order to compare them. The Air2s gives much better results. Bigger sensor and more light, etc... They have tried to improve all this through software in the Air3 because the hardware does not reach the level.
3-26 04:58
Use props
Greglaz125
lvl.2

Greece

FPVcaptain Posted at 3-26 04:58
You are totally wrong. I do topography with enterprise drones. On several occasions I made tests (photos) in order to compare them. The Air2s gives much better results. Bigger sensor and more light, etc... They have tried to improve all this through software in the Air3 because the hardware does not reach the level.

I'm happy you think it's better... seriously.It does have real 20MPs but the 3 only 12 on a smaller sensor, yet ppl also believe it's the same or better.I follow what others say, but my personal opinion?I think 2S is better.I didn't do much research myself, but I guess I got hang up from other ppls words lol.
3-26 09:23
Use props
Crou
lvl.2

Poland

Hi! Me too, I am really hoping for some good news soon.
C1 for Air 2s is a must have for me and I purchased mine only because I've read that it should get it this month.
3-26 13:19
Use props
McGregor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1003898 ft
France

It would have been more honest and transparent for DJI to say: "these are the drones that will fly in European skies in 2024"  without mentioning the Air2S.
Complete with a statement such as: “we are doing our best to ensure that the AIR2S is quickly classified C1 but this decision depends greatly on the European authorities”.
Thus DJI would have shown its goodwill without making promises that they obviously cannot keep, or in any case, not within the announced deadlines, and if we believe them, for a decision which ultimately no longer belongs to them.

At the moment, stocks of AIR2S on sale are selling in spades because buyers are waiting for this promise of classification which was to arrive at the end of January.
It's hazardous to  count one's chickens before they are hatched
3-27 01:42
Use props
FPVcaptain
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

McGregor Posted at 3-27 01:42
It would have been more honest and transparent for DJI to say: "these are the drones that will fly in European skies in 2024"  without mentioning the Air2S.
Complete with a statement such as: “we are doing our best to ensure that the AIR2S is quickly classified C1 but this decision depends greatly on the European authorities”.
Thus DJI would have shown its goodwill without making promises that they obviously cannot keep, or in any case, not within the announced deadlines, and if we believe them, for a decision which ultimately no longer belongs to them.

Completely agree with you.
3-27 03:48
Use props
Greglaz125
lvl.2

Greece

McGregor Posted at 3-27 01:42
Complete with a statement such as: “we are doing our best to ensure that the AIR2S is quickly classified C1 but this decision depends greatly on the European authorities”.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.
3-27 04:05
Use props
Gert Kracht
lvl.2
Flight distance : 408373 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 3-19 02:01
HI. There is no specific launch date yet as it depends on the EU country authority. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Which EU country authority is that? Is this something each country authority has to decide? Or just one EU authority? It's not EASA?
3-27 05:02
Use props
Zeb61
lvl.3
Italy

Gert Kracht Posted at 3-27 05:02
Which EU country authority is that? Is this something each country authority has to decide? Or just one EU authority? It's not EASA?

TÜV Rheinland, Notified Body for EASA.
3-27 06:58
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Zeb61 Posted at 3-27 06:58
TÜV Rheinland, Notified Body for EASA.

Not only

1.JPG
3-27 07:19
Use props
Zeb61
lvl.3
Italy

https://www.certipedia.com/certificates/60164491?locale=en
https://www.certipedia.com/certificates/60166314?locale=en

Mavic 3 C1 certification by TUV Rheinland. Somewhere DJI wrote that TUV is the designated NoBo.
3-27 07:58
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Zeb61 Posted at 3-27 07:58
https://www.certipedia.com/certificates/60164491?locale=en
https://www.certipedia.com/certificates/60166314?locale=en

Yes but obviously they haven't put all their eggs in one basket.

1.JPG
3-27 08:16
Use props
Zeb61
lvl.3
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-27 08:16
Yes but obviously they haven't put all their eggs in one basket.

[view_image]

Yes... Or the eggs are still in the refrigerator.

For my experience with TUV (I'm an electronc designer), they have limited man power, so I think that Air 2S C1 certification is in the pipeline, but at lower priority.
3-27 09:50
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Zeb61 Posted at 3-27 09:50
Yes... Or the eggs are still in the refrigerator.

For my experience with TUV (I'm an electronc designer), they have limited man power, so I think that Air 2S C1 certification is in the pipeline, but at lower priority.

I cannot find the certificates for Mini and Matrice and Mavic enterprise on TUV website.  I imagine they therefore work with other companies.  

What is strange is the fact that they mention that it is the EU which is blocking the decision.  I understood that once the manufacturer had obtained the certificate of conformity he could freely stick his C label. Obviously I am wrong, it must not be that simple.
3-27 10:01
Use props
djiuser_zKEWkRFrlzts
lvl.2
Portugal

Well, I guess the rumours about this only being available in June, if at all, were right... Or is DJI just keeping everyone in the dark to get rid of Air 2S stock before finally announcing that certification is not possible after all?
The lack of communication is appalling.
3-28 02:38
Use props
josePG
lvl.2
Spain

It is impossible that the DJI departments in the capitals of the European Union countries do not know anything about it.
It is clear that they know information that they DO NOT want to share with us.
3-28 05:53
Use props
dproject
lvl.2
Flight distance : 829049 ft
Poland

Honestly, I'm sad to see how many Air 2s users don't know what the future of this model is. I have a strange feeling that he won't get this certificate. There will be two solutions. Sell or buy Air 3. Air 2s has already lost a lot of value due to this problem. I don't know if I want to buy a DJI product again. This shouldn't surprise me. This is how a monopolist behaves. Greetings to everyone
3-28 12:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules