from dji fpv to avata
624 6 1-14 02:32
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rickvdvulkaan
lvl.3

Netherlands

i had a dji fpv, but unfortunately, i had a little accident, and lost it. I'm thinking of buying the avata. There are the combo packs, but i wonder to what extent i can re-use my current gear.  I'm not even sure what model goggle and controller i currently have, so i made a photo photo.jpg

I guess the batteries are different, but can i use the controller and goggle?
1-14 02:32
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291345 ft
Brunei

Yes i believe there is an Avata combo with the Goggles V2. Controller should work as well.
1-14 02:44
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. The DJI Avata is compatible with DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 and DJI FPV Goggles V2 however the DJI FPV Intelligent Flight Battery is not compatible with the DJI Avata. Have a nice day.
1-14 02:46
Use props
Rickvdvulkaan
lvl.3

Netherlands

thanks guys.
1-14 03:13
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

You can get the Avata solo and fly it with the Goggles V2 and your grey controller. It's much slower, flies a bit better. If you have been flying the FPV in manual mode I'd suggest another 5 inch prebuild drone like the Nazgul Evoque or even building your own. They fly much better and faster and smoother than the Avata and don't constrict you so much. If you get an O3 version the quality is the same and you can add a GoPro if you want better quality. I came from the DJI fpv, got other fpv drones and later the Avata and sold it...
1-14 22:39
Use props
Rickvdvulkaan
lvl.3

Netherlands

well i expect to be flying indoors a little more, so a slower drone could actually be a bit nicer. but i'm open to other brands. i just kinda think i'm gonna have a hard time in using other camera's, connecting it everytime, etc. I also heard the battery life with DJI is better, and in general the setup is easier (at least for the less experienced). Or how is your experience?
1-16 10:45
Use props
CireinTexas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5786001 ft
United States

Buy a refurbished one from DJI (only; no where else can be trusted) for $505.    It comes with batter and charging adapter too!
1-26 12:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules