DJI Mavic Mini 2 starting problem, strange ...
486 22 1-14 06:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flydronesbg
lvl.1

Bulgaria

when I press the power button and the drone motors and the drone itself starts to turn on, and after 1 second it turns off (the time the battery flashes) if I press it once briefly and then a second time and hold it, then the drone starts and fly as should... my question is.
why does the drone turn on when the button is pressed once?(shouldn't it run only in presed 2 times? ) shouldn't it just flash the white dots and stop without moving the motors?
this is after i change Flex Cable Of Esc To The Core Board Motherboard

1-14 06:50
Use props
fans627f27fe
New
Canada

It is designed this way…first push to wake up battery and second push and hold until all lights go on, to wake up the beast. Have a phantom 2 and it is the same activation
1-14 08:22
Use props
flydronesbg
lvl.1

Bulgaria

fans627f27fe Posted at 1-14 08:22
It is designed this way…first push to wake up battery and second push and hold until all lights go on, to wake up the beast. Have a phantom 2 and it is the same activation

hello yes, I understand what you mean, but if you look at the video again, you will see the following, the drone's wings move and it tries to turn on on the first click, which should not happen, there should only be light.
1-14 08:30
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Both my Mini 2s' do the same thing. If I press the button once the drone beeps and the propellers try to move. As far as I'm concerned this is normal.
1-14 13:40
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. This is normal, when you press the power button once, the light indicator showing the battery percentage will show up and the aircraft will normally turn on if you press and hold the power button for two seconds. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead.
1-14 22:11
Use props
flydronesbg
lvl.1

Bulgaria

yogi053 Posted at 1-14 13:40
Both my Mini 2s' do the same thing. If I press the button once the drone beeps and the propellers try to move. As far as I'm concerned this is normal.

on both drones? how long has it been like this? can you check again to make sure it's really like me in the clip? thanks !
1-15 04:40
Use props
flydronesbg
lvl.1

Bulgaria

i think this is the normal -
1-15 04:42
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

flydronesbg Posted at 1-15 04:40
on both drones? how long has it been like this? can you check again to make sure it's really like me in the clip? thanks !

From day one. My Minis fly perfectly. What is the reason for stopping halfway through the 'switch-on' procedure? It is a 1 press then press and hold procedure.
1-15 06:10
Use props
flydronesbg
lvl.1

Bulgaria

yogi053 Posted at 1-15 06:10
From day one. My Minis fly perfectly. What is the reason for stopping halfway through the 'switch-on' procedure? It is a 1 press then press and hold procedure.
how many flights you have with this drones ?
as far as i know, when the button is pressed only once, the drone motors should not move or make any sound. only a light that indicates the percentage of the battery. when pressed a second time for a long time, then the drone should now start its motors and have a sound.

are the drones repaired?
please other people tell me, as of today date  how the drone reacts to one press of the button - does the motor move and make a sound for one second and the drone stops, or is it just a light that shows the battery?
1-15 06:49
Use props
flydronesbg
lvl.1

Bulgaria

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-14 22:11
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. This is normal, when you press the power button once, the light indicator showing the battery percentage will show up and the aircraft will normally turn on if you press and hold the power button for two seconds. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead.

as far as i know, when the button is pressed only once, the drone motors should not move or make any sound. only a light that indicates the percentage of the battery. when pressed a second time for a long time, then the drone should now start its motors and have a sound.

as you can see my drona try to start on the first press.

1-15 06:54
Use props
flydronesbg
lvl.1

Bulgaria

with just one push of the button, what should happen? should the motors move and have a sound?
1-15 06:56
Use props
puslad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103543 ft
Slovenia

Try with the propellers opened like in second video.
1-15 07:16
Use props
flydronesbg
lvl.1

Bulgaria

puslad Posted at 1-15 07:16
Try with the propellers opened like in second video.

this does not affect the process.
1-15 08:20
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

This is for checking battery capacity LEDs.
1-15 08:39
Use props
flydronesbg
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-15 08:39
This is for checking battery capacity LEDs.

yes i know that, but why the motors move ?
1-15 09:42
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

With just pressing the button once the motors should not activate.  It is only after pressing the button once then a second time does the motors move slightly with a sound letting you know the aircraft is powered on.  There is something wrong with this aircraft and it should be looked at for possible malfunction.  I wouldn't fly it with ought doing some investigative work first.  Maybe doing things like reflating the firmware.  Contacting DJI to see if it needs to be sent in for warranty work.  But it shouldn't power the motors on with the press of the button once.
1-16 06:11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

flydronesbg Posted at 1-15 06:54
as far as i know, when the button is pressed only once, the drone motors should not move or make any sound. only a light that indicates the percentage of the battery. when pressed a second time for a long time, then the drone should now start its motors and have a sound.

as you can see my drona try to start on the first press. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvgcAZUp-a8&ab_channel=FluidMind

Thank you for your response. Aside from this issue, did you experience any error messages on the app? If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Just a friendly reminder, we do not recommend DIY repair as we cannot guarantee that it will return to normal. Thank you for your understanding and support.
1-17 22:45
Use props
flydronesbg
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Shawgod Posted at 1-16 06:11
With just pressing the button once the motors should not activate.  It is only after pressing the button once then a second time does the motors move slightly with a sound letting you know the aircraft is powered on.  There is something wrong with this aircraft and it should be looked at for possible malfunction.  I wouldn't fly it with ought doing some investigative work first.  Maybe doing things like reflating the firmware.  Contacting DJI to see if it needs to be sent in for warranty work.  But it shouldn't power the motors on with the press of the button once.

I tried a firmware update, no change
1-18 00:39
Use props
flydronesbg
lvl.1

Bulgaria

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-17 22:45
Thank you for your response. Aside from this issue, did you experience any error messages on the app? If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Just a friendly reminder, we do not recommend DIY repair as we cannot guarantee that it will return to normal. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I don't have any errors. the drone flies perfectly. the problem is that of the video. this happened after replacing the esc cable (I even tried with another esc cable and it's still the same), I guess when putting the esc cable, the drone battery may have been in it and something shorted out. also, when i put a usb cable in the drone and connect it to the computer, it gets power, and does that again for a second, and then it's back to normal...

Can someone tell me what is the function of this 2 pins ?
1-18 00:46
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

flydronesbg Posted at 1-18 00:46
I don't have any errors. the drone flies perfectly. the problem is that of the video. this happened after replacing the esc cable (I even tried with another esc cable and it's still the same), I guess when putting the esc cable, the drone battery may have been in it and something shorted out. also, when i put a usb cable in the drone and connect it to the computer, it gets power, and does that again for a second, and then it's back to normal...

[view_image]

Thank you for your response. As much as we want to, we cannot provide any information related to the image posted above. Since you already perform a DIY repair on the unit, if the issue persists, you may contact our team using the link above to have guidance on how to send the unit to us for proper diagnostics. We appreciate your understanding.
1-19 01:09
Use props
flydronesbg
lvl.1

Bulgaria

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-19 01:09
Thank you for your response. As much as we want to, we cannot provide any information related to the image posted above. Since you already perform a DIY repair on the unit, if the issue persists, you may contact our team using the link above to have guidance on how to send the unit to us for proper diagnostics. We appreciate your understanding.

i'm sure the problem is a spark between the esc cable and the main board. Probably the repair will be replacing the circuit board + shipping costs which will be expensive, I can buy a circuit board from a second hand drone for parts and it will cost me a little money that way.

can you at least give me some information, realistic to your knowledge of the board and the drone system, on how much you rate the risk of flying like that, thanks !
1-19 10:56
Use props
flydronesbg
lvl.1

Bulgaria

can i run some diagnostic tools or logs ?
1-19 10:58
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

flydronesbg Posted at 1-19 10:56
i'm sure the problem is a spark between the esc cable and the main board. Probably the repair will be replacing the circuit board + shipping costs which will be expensive, I can buy a circuit board from a second hand drone for parts and it will cost me a little money that way.

can you at least give me some information, realistic to your knowledge of the board and the drone system, on how much you rate the risk of flying like that, thanks !

Hello. My apologies if we can't do much. We do not recommend DIY repairs therefore we cannot provide any guidance about this said concern. Thank you for your understanding.
1-21 23:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules