MINI 3 PRO RC CONTROLLER DON'T START
481 9 1-14 10:58
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mame182xraptor
lvl.1
Italy

Hi, I bought my dji mini 3 pro in november 2023 and dji sent me it on 7 december 2023. Due to the holidays and the flu I was only able to use the drone 3/4 times.
The other day I recharged the drone and controller and everything seemed ok. Both the drone and the controller had 4 green LED lights, I unplugged both from the charger and tried to turn them on. The drone turned on normally, the RC controller however shows no signs of life. I tried pressing the power button for 15 seconds, I tried pressing the power button and the C2 button with the USB-C cable attached and charging for 20 seconds, I tried connecting the controller to the PC, but it shows no signs of life.
Both the controller and the drone were updated to the latest firmware available.
What can I do?
Has anyone had the same problem and how did they solve it?

Ps. One thing I had noticed, before the problem, was that even if the controller was turned off, the 4 green LEDs flashed approximately every 20/30 seconds.

1-14 10:58
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Just to confirm, did you short-press and then long-press the power button to power it on? Does it still light up when you charge it? If not, please try replacing the charger and charging cable and try again. Make sure it has sufficient power. You can post a video on this thread for us to further check. We appreciate your patience.
1-14 21:12
Use props
mame182xraptor
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 1-14 21:12
Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Just to confirm, did you short-press and then long-press the power button to power it on? Does it still light up when you charge it? If not, please try replacing the charger and charging cable and try again. Make sure it has sufficient power. You can post a video on this thread for us to further check. We appreciate your patience.

Hi, thanks for replying to me. I'll tell you what I've done so far:
1. short-press and then long-press the power button to power it off
2. short-press the power button, the 4 green LEDs do not light up
3. If I put the charger on, no LED lights up, both with DJI, Samsung and Huawei chargers with power up to 50W.
4. I tried pressing the power button, c2 and the home button at the same time for 20 sec and now the controller turns on with the key sequence (short-press and then long-press the power button ).
5. Now the controller has a steady white light and the 2 central green LEDs flashing, but it no longer connects to the drone.
6. I reset the controller to factory, but nothing changed.
7. I connected the controller to the computer with the USB-C cable and used DJI Assistant 2 to reinstall the firmware 01.03.1000 but it stops at 26%

Now I'm trying to download the controller by watching the academy videos. Maybe it's a battery problem. I noticed that in DJI Fly it always reports the battery at 60% (Before all these problems it was loaded to 100%) so I think it's a problem related to the battery.
1-15 07:59
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mame182xraptor Posted at 1-15 07:59
Hi, thanks for replying to me. I'll tell you what I've done so far:
1. short-press and then long-press the power button to power it off
2. short-press the power button, the 4 green LEDs do not light up

Before updating, ensure that the device's battery level (remote controller or aircraft) is above 50%. While updating, do not power off the remote or disconnect the USB cable. Otherwise, the update may fail. And please make sure you are using the correct Assistant 2 version. For the Mini 3 Pro, it should be the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series).
Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
1-16 01:24
Use props
mame182xraptor
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 1-16 01:24
Before updating, ensure that the device's battery level (remote controller or aircraft) is above 50%. While updating, do not power off the remote or disconnect the USB cable. Otherwise, the update may fail. And please make sure you are using the correct Assistant 2 version. For the Mini 3 Pro, it should be the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series).
Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.

Good morning to you, the assistant 2 version is definitely the right one (downloaded from the mini 3 pro download area). The controller had just been charged when I tested it and I also tried with various USB cables, including the one supplied. But the firmware update always stops at 26%.
1. As already mentioned, the RC now turns on, but has a fixed white light and the two green control panels flashing and it no longer connects to the drone.
2. If I put it on charge it doesn't show any LEDs on.
3. If I press the power button once quickly it does not show the battery status.
4. On the DJI Fly app it shows the battery status fixed at 60%.
5. Login to the account or academy works and I can also watch videos.

I'm trying to completely unload it to see if maybe it will reset and start working again. I wouldn't know what else to do!
1-16 02:27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mame182xraptor Posted at 1-16 02:27
Good morning to you, the assistant 2 version is definitely the right one (downloaded from the mini 3 pro download area). The controller had just been charged when I tested it and I also tried with various USB cables, including the one supplied. But the firmware update always stops at 26%.
1. As already mentioned, the RC now turns on, but has a fixed white light and the two green control panels flashing and it no longer connects to the drone.
2. If I put it on charge it doesn't show any LEDs on.

Hi. I'm afraid you need to send the remote to DJI. You can submit a repair request on the DJI official website or use this link: https://repair.dji.com/. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
1-20 01:27
Use props
mame182xraptor
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 1-20 01:27
Hi. I'm afraid you need to send the remote to DJI. You can submit a repair request on the DJI official website or use this link: https://repair.dji.com/. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Good morning, thanks again for replying to me. In the meantime I spoke to technical support. I also sent them videos of what the controller does. They had the controller, drone, battery and everything else shipped to DJI. The drone has already arrived from them, I am waiting to know what they will do and when I will get my drone back.

Ps. The drone is under warranty, was purchased in December 2023 and was activated on December 8, 2023. It is one month old.
1-20 02:21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mame182xraptor Posted at 1-20 02:21
Good morning, thanks again for replying to me. In the meantime I spoke to technical support. I also sent them videos of what the controller does. They had the controller, drone, battery and everything else shipped to DJI. The drone has already arrived from them, I am waiting to know what they will do and when I will get my drone back.

Ps. The drone is under warranty, was purchased in December 2023 and was activated on December 8, 2023. It is one month old.

I see. Rest assured the DJI repair facility is taking very good care of your units. The Repair Service will be completed within 5 working days after DJI receives your product (if data analysis is required, it takes about an additional 3 working days). DJI will send you an email notification once the product is shipped. Have a nice day.
1-20 02:26
Use props
mame182xraptor
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 1-20 02:26
I see. Rest assured the DJI repair facility is taking very good care of your units. The Repair Service will be completed within 5 working days after DJI receives your product (if data analysis is required, it takes about an additional 3 working days). DJI will send you an email notification once the product is shipped. Have a nice day.

Thanks for the info.
  I'm a little disappointed though!!! A drone that is a month old already has problems.
1-20 02:30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mame182xraptor Posted at 1-20 02:30
Thanks for the info.
  I'm a little disappointed though!!! A drone that is a month old already has problems.

No worries. I am very sure it will be handled well. You can always contact us if there are some concerns and we will be more than glad to address them.
1-20 02:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules