DJI Mimo and DJI OM SE rendered the camera unusable.
172 9 1-14 21:58
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
firasr
lvl.1

Indonesia

I just received my OM SE that was then paired with an iPhone 12 Pro. Upon 10 minutes after using, the camera suddenly shutdown several times, rendering it completely unusable. Either using the DJI app or the original camera app. I haven't been this disappointed with DJI before.
1-14 21:58
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience that it caused you. May I confirm if the app and phone's camera app will close automatically after 10 minutes of recording? Please provide the details below for further assistance.

> DJI Mimo app version:
> iOS device:
> Screen recording showing the problem:

I hope to hear from you soon.
1-14 22:50
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I am sorry for the issue you encountered. Just to double confirm, the issue is that the DJI Mimo app crashes during recording, right? Or is it the case that the crashing also happens when using other apps?
Could you please tell me the DJI Mimo app version, iOS version, and a video of the issue for better confirmation? Thank you very much.
1-14 22:58
Use props
firasr
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-14 22:50
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience that it caused you. May I confirm if the app and phone's camera app will close automatically after 10 minutes of recording? Please provide the details below for further assistance.

> DJI Mimo app version:

I'm running DJI Mimo v1.11.6(297358) on an iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 16.6.1.

It's now working..... with a catch, because now the ultra-wide lens is not detected anymore! and the iPhone now detects it as an unknown part. I haven't even opened or replaced anything since the phone was brand new!
1-15 19:23
Use props
firasr
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI Susan Posted at 1-14 22:58
Hi there, I am sorry for the issue you encountered. Just to double confirm, the issue is that the DJI Mimo app crashes during recording, right? Or is it the case that the crashing also happens when using other apps?
Could you please tell me the DJI Mimo app version, iOS version, and a video of the issue for better confirmation? Thank you very much.

It is occured right after I paired with my Osmo Mobile.

I'm running DJI Mimo v1.11.6(297358) on an iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 16.6.1.

It's now working..... with a catch, because now the ultra-wide lens is not detected anymore! and the iPhone now consider it as not genuine part. I haven't even opened or replaced anything since the phone was brand new! Seriously disappointing.
1-15 19:25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

firasr Posted at 1-15 19:25
It is occured right after I paired with my Osmo Mobile.

I'm running DJI Mimo v1.11.6(297358) on an iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 16.6.1.

Hi there, may I ask if the ultra-wide lens could be used without the DJI OM SE?

If not, that might be the mobile issue. It is suggested to contact with the corresponding brand for further assistance.

If yes, please provide us a video recording about your operation, and we will help you to further check the issue, thanks.
1-16 01:03
Use props
firasr
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI Thor Posted at 1-16 01:03
Hi there, may I ask if the ultra-wide lens could be used without the DJI OM SE?

If not, that might be the mobile issue. It is suggested to contact with the corresponding brand for further assistance.

The ultra-wide is completely unusable right after the phone is attached to the OM SE. I certainly believe this is your issue, not the phone, as it was working totally fine for years before. I put my suspicion on the magnet attachment, which is not found on previous models.

I can't record any proof as it's already happened and the ultra-wide camera is now undetected. However, attached are some proof that (1) I took a picture with the ultra wide earlier at the day, my OM SE arrival, and the moment it all become doomed.
1-16 03:17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

firasr Posted at 1-16 03:17
The ultra-wide is completely unusable right after the phone is attached to the OM SE. I certainly believe this is your issue, not the phone, as it was working totally fine for years before. I put my suspicion on the magnet attachment, which is not found on previous models.

I can't record any proof as it's already happened and the ultra-wide camera is now undetected. However, attached are some proof that (1) I took a picture with the ultra wide earlier at the day, my OM SE arrival, and the moment it all become doomed.[view_image][view_image][view_image]

Well noted. For your situation, we will forward to our engineer team to further check on it, thanks.
1-16 23:49
Use props
firasr
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI Thor Posted at 1-16 23:49
Well noted. For your situation, we will forward to our engineer team to further check on it, thanks.

Please do. Thanks!
1-18 01:50
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

firasr Posted at 1-18 01:50
Please do. Thanks!

Hi firasr, due to port access restrictions from the mobile phone manufacturer for a third-party app (including DJI Mimo), there might be some differences in actual brightness, color, resolution and image quality with mobile phone cameras when taking photos/videos with a third-party software such as DJI Mimo. Our engineers are communicating with mobile phone manufacturers to determine an optimization solution. Thank you for your understanding and support.

If you prefer your mobile phone camera’s image quality, you could use it for taking photos or recording videos and use a DJI OM SE to achieve three-axis stabilization and smooth camera movement. Alternatively, you could use ActiveTrack, ShotGuides, and PalmControl in DJI Mimo to achieve follow-up recording, multi-scene recording guides, and control of camera with gestures to create better videos.
1-18 04:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules