942 25 1-15 03:52
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc5cffd65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 950817 ft
Brazil

Hello.
January 10 I was flying my drone (Mini 3 Pro) normally, all the conditions were good, no problems at all.

At my 3rd battery, it was on 50% and suddenly I had the waring of "weak antenna signal" and lost image signal.

Since I've set all the configuration to return to home properly, I just waited. Sounded weird, because it was only 1,365 ft away from me, and I had full antenna signal until that moment.  I waited to see if the drone would come back and the drone never came back.

So I presume it just fell from the sky. Tried to find the drone at the sight I had the last localization, but had no succes.

Sent e-mail do DJI with flight record, wich I believe they never even looked at. There`s no error at all at the flight log, everything was fine until the moment I received the warning about antennas. GPS was ok, signal was ok, I really have no clue what happened.

They just told me: "After checking the SN, the warranty service is unavailable now and it's paid service wherever since the purchase was made more than a year ago.".

Is this right??

Anyone has any tip about what to do?

Thanks.
1-15 03:52
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

best to get help / advice is to share your flightlog for this issue

use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Post the uploaded link on here

cheers
JJB
1-15 04:02
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, we're terribly sorry to read about this. Could you please provide your ticket number/ case number (CAS)? We'll make necessary communication to the relevant team to further assist regarding the matter. Looking forward to your reply.
1-15 17:50
Use props
fansc5cffd65
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 1-15 17:50
Hi there, we're terribly sorry to read about this. Could you please provide your ticket number/ case number (CAS)? We'll make necessary communication to the relevant team to further assist regarding the matter. Looking forward to your reply.

Sure. 1126090
This is the Number I received.
I’ve attached the flight log twice in the e-mail, but I guess DJI didn’t even looked at it since the very first response was “out of warranty”.
I’ve been piloting DJI drones since 2015 and had no problems at all. It was very disappointing to have this problem and lose My drone (and a lot of money) like this.
Thanks in advance.
1-16 01:19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansc5cffd65 Posted at 1-16 01:19
Sure. 1126090
I’ve attached the flight log twice in the e-mail, but I guess DJI didn’t even looked at it since the very first response was “out of warranty”.

Thank you for sharing. We will further checking with our relevant team first.
1-16 01:48
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansc5cffd65 Posted at 1-16 01:19
Sure. 1126090

I'm not sure why the moderators don't tell you, but you won't get any help from DJI if your drone is out of warranty.
1-16 02:40
Use props
fansc5cffd65
lvl.2
Brazil

Labroides Posted at 1-16 02:40
I'm not sure why the moderators don't tell you, but you won't get any help from DJI if your drone is out of warranty.

Yes, I can see it.
Well… anyway. Since I posted about this issue in my Instagram, at least 5 followers came to me and told they had the same problem.
So even if there’s no answer from DJI I’d like to post in this public forum to alert people who is possible thinking about buying this drone.
1-16 02:51
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They dont normally disappear without a reason, follow the advice from post #2 and hopefully you will get some answers and there is a chance you may be able to find it.
1-16 04:40
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Another one saying, if you want assistance, post the flight log.
1-16 05:12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fansc5cffd65 Posted at 1-16 02:51
Yes, I can see it.
Well… anyway. Since I posted about this issue in my Instagram, at least 5 followers came to me and told they had the same problem.
So even if there’s no answer from DJI I’d like to post in this public forum to alert people who is possible thinking about buying this drone.

Yes, I can see it.
But you haven't posted your flight data here so that the folks that can read flight data might have a chance to help you.

What problem??
You haven't had the flight data looked at to find out which of several possible explanations for your incident might be the right one.
And your contacts on Instagram, know even less.

Your "warning" is meaningless when you have no idea what caused the loss of your drone.

It might have been dumb operator error for all we can tell so far.

If you want help, you need to post your flight data here.

1-16 15:23
Use props
fansc5cffd65
lvl.2
Brazil

Labroides Posted at 1-16 15:23
Yes, I can see it.
But you haven't posted your flight data here so that the folks that can read flight data might have a chance to help you.

Sorry, had no time to post it here.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/3BG1AL6E93SI9AR5U0FX/
1-17 04:51
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi there, after checking, the warranty service of the device has been unavailable, therefore it is a paid service. For your case, we have escalate to our management team and they have taken care of your case now. Please check the e-mail update afterward. If you need further assistance, please feel free to leave us a message.
1-17 05:47
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansc5cffd65 Posted at 1-17 04:51

The flight log experts might have a different theory but that looks like a battery was loose and lost connection, the battery suddenly just failed, or something like someone shooting it down...Everything just stopped at the same point!! You never found the drone?
1-17 05:48
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 1-16 02:40

Warranty means zilch, if an item suddenly goes to pot just after a warranty is finished, the company making it are obliged to repair or replace if this is within a reasonable time and as long as there has been no abuse or modifications.

In this case everything was working fine then it dramatically and fatally stopped, logs prove this so DJI should, once investagted, come to an agreement suiting both parties.

Items aren't supposed to go unserviceable right after a warranty has ended, we have the Sale of Goods Act in the UK protecting people from things like this.

Cheers
1-17 06:08
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fansc5cffd65 Posted at 1-17 04:51

Your flight data ends after 9:24 with the drone 416 metres NW of the home point.
It was 182 metres higher than the launch point and far above the ground and any obstacles between it and the home point.
Wind was light.

The failsafe Action was set to RTH and the homepoint was not changed during the flight.
At the end of the flight data, the battery had more than enough charge for the short flight home.

If the drone didn't return to home after losing signal, the only logical explanation is that the drone suffered a power loss and fell to the ground.
Power loss could have been caused by a rare hardware fault or a battery dislodging enough to break contact.
It should have crashed approx 170 metres just west of south from the point where it was last recorded.
That would put it somewhere around -24.96867  -50.12444.
1-17 06:28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Blackbuckone Posted at 1-17 06:08
Warranty means zilch, if an item suddenly goes to pot just after a warranty is finished, the company making it are obliged to repair or replace if this is within a reasonable time and as long as there has been no abuse or modifications.

In this case everything was working fine then it dramatically and fatally stopped, logs prove this so DJI should, once investagted, come to an agreement suiting both parties.

You are fooling yourself.
You have no idea how long the drone was out of warranty.
It could be anything from 1-7 months.
If the company would provide warranty replacement for some time past the warranty period, why state a time period for the warranty.

Again you don't know what you are talking about.
You hadn't examined the flight data and were just accepting the OP's brief description with no details.
The data doesn't have anything to indicate that there was a problem that would have been a warranty issue (if the drone was still in warranty).
It looks like battery disconnection was the most likely cause, but without the drone, there's no evidence to tell why.
Perhaps the battery wasn't securely fitted.
Perhaps it was swolen and pushed itself bacl.
Who knows?    Not you.

Items aren't supposed to go unserviceable right after a warranty has ended, we have the Sale of Goods Act in the UK protecting people from things like this.
Since you have no idea what caused the incident, you can't say that the drone became unserviceable.
You can't say that it happened "right after a warranty has ended", and no matter how long outside the warranty period, it was still out of warranty, no matter how confidently you suggest otherwise.
And somehow I think your UK consumer laws have no relevance in South America.

1-17 06:39
Use props
fansc5cffd65
lvl.2
Brazil

jmb63 Posted at 1-17 05:48
The flight log experts might have a different theory but that looks like a battery was loose and lost connection, the battery suddenly just failed, or something like someone shooting it down...Everything just stopped at the same point!! You never found the drone?

Exactly, we went with 7 people, two days in a row, but we couldn't find it.

This is a photo from the place.

I I really tried, believe me, I was the person most interested in getting it back.
1-17 06:56
Use props
fansc5cffd65
lvl.2
Brazil

Labroides Posted at 1-17 06:28
Your flight data ends after 9:24 with the drone 416 metres NW of the home point.
It was 182 metres higher than the launch point and far above the ground and any obstacles between it and the home point.
Wind was light.

That`s it, the same read I did from the flight log.

The drone never returned, since I still had 50% of battery, I waited for enough time.

The drone was all set, never had any problem, I always double check everything before flights (even small cracks, propellers, if the battery is well attached,etc . I work with drones since 2016, so I`ts my job.

Thanks for the coordinates! I"ll check it.
1-17 07:00
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fansc5cffd65 Posted at 1-17 07:00
That`s it, the same read I did from the flight log.

The drone never returned, since I still had 50% of battery, I waited for enough time.

Thanks for the coordinates! I'll check it.
It's only an estimate based on the height and speed of the drone and direction of flight.
Start around there and look closer and further along the line of flight.
1-17 07:11
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 1-17 06:39

Warranty means zilch, if an item suddenly goes  to pot just after a warranty is finished, the company making it are  obliged to repair or replace if this is within a reasonable time and as  long as there has been no abuse or modifications.

Actually, I believe Blackbuckone was referring to the UK Sale of Goods Act - of which you seem to be unaware - if you read the full reply.

In the UK, regardless of any warranty/guarantee, you are entitled to free repairs or replacements if a product is faulty for a period of six years (5 in Scotland). The retailer is responsible for the first 12 months, the manufacturer after that.

This does not mean that the product has to be in a 'not working' state when you receive it, but if a fault causes it to fail within that 6 years, you are covered.

(This was one of the things that was talked about a lot after Brexit  when people in the UK believed they were losing the 2 year white goods  warranty mandated by the EU. It turns out UK law gave better protection  anyway.)

A lot of manufacturers won't tell you that, but if they sell products in the UK then they are bound by UK law. (And this is why extended warranties are a waste of money.)

See https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds for more info.

I have successfully argued this a number of times, most recently with a Maglite that just died after about 3 years.

Not that it helps the OP much, though, as they are in Brasil where the law is more than likely very different.

1-17 07:38
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

No Original Thought Posted at 1-17 07:38
Warranty means zilch, if an item suddenly goes  to pot just after a warranty is finished, the company making it are  obliged to repair or replace if this is within a reasonable time and as  long as there has been no abuse or modifications.

Actually, I believe Blackbuckone was referring to the UK Sale of Goods Act - of which you seem to be unaware - if you read the full reply.
Why would you think I didn't read his full post?
That I quoted and responded to his last sentence, should have given you a clue .... if you had read my full reply !!

In the UK, regardless of any warranty/guarantee, you are entitled to  ...blah, blah, blah.
Not that it helps the OP much, though, as they are in Brasil where the law is more than likely very different.
So why bother to type so much that is of no relevance at all?

1-17 07:46
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 1-17 07:46
Why would you think I didn't read his full post?
That I quoted and responded to his last sentence, should have given you a clue .... if you had read my full reply !!

I posted a detailed reply (including a link to source) as a lot of people in the UK are completely unaware of this six year rule and I believed it might be useful for some people, albeit not the OP obviously.
1-17 08:24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansc5cffd65
If this was a battery disconnection then the following will not help but have a look in the MCDatFlightRecords folder to see if you can find a file whose name contains FLY554.
If you find it upload it to a file hosting site, make the page public and post the URL here.
There is a chance that the DAT is readable and if the drone did not suffer a battery disconnection then the DAT might have additional location data.
You won't lose anything by this and you might gain.
1-18 01:40
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 1-17 06:39

It could be anything from 1-7 months.
If the company would provide warranty replacement for some time past the warranty period, why state a time period for the warranty.

Again you don't know what you are talking about.
You hadn't examined the flight data and were just accepting the OP's brief description with no details.
The data doesn't have anything to indicate that there was a problem that would have been a warranty issue (if the drone was still in warranty).
It looks like battery disconnection was the most likely cause, but without the drone, there's no evidence to tell why.
Perhaps the battery wasn't securely fitted.
Perhaps it was swolen and pushed itself bacl.
Who knows?    Not you.

Since you have no idea what caused the incident, you can't say that the drone became unserviceable.
You can't say that it happened "right after a warranty has ended", and no matter how long outside the warranty period, it was still out of warranty, no matter how confidently you suggest otherwise.
And somehow I think your UK consumer laws have no relevance in South America.

Firstly, thank you for your over the top rant, which you seem to do quite regularly on here.

The OP never said they were in SA, which of course makes a difference.

But hey, you carry on acting like it's your own personal forum.
1-18 05:07
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Blackbuckone Posted at 1-18 05:07

The OP never said they were in SA, which of course makes a difference.

You spoke with false authority, like you actually knew what you were talking about.
Granted, he didn't clearly state that he was in South America, but if you'd looked into his flight data (like you'd need to to make the comments you did), you would have seen his location.
You could have seen a map if you'd looked at his Phantomhelp link.
Or ... I won't teach you to analyse DJI flight data, but here's a pro tip for another little-known trick that's quite useful.

Br-1.jpg
1-18 05:35
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 1-18 05:35
I won't teach you to analyse DJI flight data, but here's a pro tip for another little-known trick that's quite useful.

The location indicated below the avatar is not reliable, people can be behind VPN's and going by the avatar I have seen such people change location, by several thousand miles, between their consecutive posts.

Do you teach anyone to analyse flight data?
I think most times you simple state what you think the data says.

1-18 07:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules