RC controller does not power up after update
440 7 1-15 06:14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alessia and Lee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52 ft
Hong Kong

I installed a fresh DJI Fly app and from my RC controller for my Mini Pro 3, I updated the firmware. Power light was showing fine from the RC. I then proceeded to update the fly safety app and the next thing is the RC goes dead. I tried to power it on and even used different cables and power plug but no luck.

Raised a case yesterday and still waiting.

I now hear updates can cause issues with the RC and drone.
1-15 06:14
Use props
Alessia and Lee
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Just called support and was told the RC is out of warranty. The fact is the update fried my RC and this is so wrong that I have to pay for another. I will not recommend DJI to anyone ever.
1-15 06:56
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Alessia and Lee Posted at 1-15 06:56
Just called support and was told the RC is out of warranty. The fact is the update fried my RC and this is so wrong that I have to pay for another. I will not recommend DJI to anyone ever.

Hello there. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I was able to locate your case number using your forum account. I'll forward this to our relevant team for further assistance. Please keep an eye on your email for future updates on your case. Thank you for your understanding.
1-15 10:11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Alessia and Lee Posted at 1-15 06:56

Hi there, after communication with our relevant team, we found the case has been handled accordingly. Once the item shipped out, you will receive a notification e-mail and also you could check the case status via the following link, https://repair.dji.com/gb/trace/other-search?from=caselist .

If you need further asssistance, please feel free to leave us message.
1-17 06:16
Use props
Alessia and Lee
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Thank you for your help. However, can I ask:

- What was the issue?
- Should I be worried in the future for updating the firmware and software for my drone and RC?
1-20 00:12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Alessia and Lee Posted at 1-20 00:12
Thank you for your help. However, can I ask:

- What was the issue?

Hi there, after inspection, the damage assessment result shows that the battery components are damaged. Please no worries, you could upgrade the firmware as usual in the future.
1-20 01:05
Use props
djiuser_rmtmeds6UzF4
New

Australia

my controller has done the same thing it was fully charged ready to use then did the update and now it is dead  
2-19 00:03
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_rmtmeds6UzF4 Posted at 2-19 00:03
my controller has done the same thing it was fully charged ready to use then did the update and now it is dead

Hi there, sorry to hear that. May I confirm which device you use? And are there any odd prompts during the firmware upgrade process?
2-19 03:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules