DJI RONIN SCREENWRITING COMPETITION WINNERS
1941 6 2015-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gottaketchum
lvl.1

Italy

http://event.dji.com/ronin-film-competition/

What is going on with this? Absolutely no announcements two months after the end of the competition.

My Tweets are left unanswered.

My posts to their Facebook are censored and removed.

My emails to DJI are never replied to.

It seems they cancelled the competition without telling anyone. Even in the terms and conditions they say they will inform us if something changed, but it seems impossible to get an answer.
2015-9-9
Use props
gottaketchum
lvl.1

Italy

Does DJI visit these forums? Or should I search somewhere else for help on this?
2015-9-11
Use props
rhythmelody
New

Australia

Hey-- I've had the same problem in reaching out for an answer. Facebook posts are gone, and more significantly, I've had no answers to any emails I've sent. However, I know the campaign@dji.com email address is checked and in use because whilst the competition was open, I had an issue with my submissions and emailed them, and I got a prompt reply the next day.

Now? No reply whenever I ask if there's updates for the competition. Ever. I've been checking the competition page constantly and I noticed one change. The very last line on the page used to say "Thank you for your submission. The Contest is now closed. We will announce the winners soon". But it has since been changed to say "we will announce the winners later". So... someone has deliberately gone in to the website to change it from "Soon" to "Later", and I'm guessing there was some kind of problem on their end which meant they couldn't announce anything immediately and were trying to buy time.

I just want to know! I wrote two scripts and submitted them, spent a fair chunk of time polishing them up and getting them good, coz the prizes are awesome! But now, I don't care who wins, I just want to know that someone has so I can forget about the competition! The lack of closure is killing me!
2015-9-21
Use props
gottaketchum
lvl.1

Italy

Hey rhythmelody. They gave an update on the Twitter a couple days ago, and the contest is still on! Yes, it's taking a long time, but it's still going.
2015-9-23
Use props
rhythmelody
New

Australia

gottaketchum Posted at 2015-9-23 21:16
Hey rhythmelody. They gave an update on the Twitter a couple days ago, and the contest is still on!  ...

That's fantastic news! But also not at all what I was expecting. I just wanted confirmation that it was cancelled-- but it's still on? Crazy! Good to know! Fingers crossed again.

I thought it was an incredibly fast turn-around they were originally expecting from selecting winners, to producing the shorts, to screening...
2015-9-29
Use props
rhythmelody
New

Australia

gottaketchum Posted at 2015-9-23 22:16
Hey rhythmelody. They gave an update on the Twitter a couple days ago, and the contest is still on!  ...

Well-- interesting to see that still nothing is coming of it. A single tweet about it a month ago, no replies to anyone else's tweets, no further announcement, page still says "we will announce the winners later", and still no replies to emails.

This is starting to look like an extremely low priority for them. Shame, considering I'm sure many people (myself included) spent quite some time writing their submission scripts. Reflects pretty poorly on the company...
2015-10-20
Use props
gottaketchum
lvl.1

Italy

At this point I have no idea what is going on. Maybe they just don't have the personnel to go through the scripts. Or there's a lot of factors like budget they have to consider?

Or they're writing their own.
2015-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules