DJI Mini2 with HolyStone HSRID01 RID Module
377 2 1-16 18:26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ranger7777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152782 ft
United States

Has anyone actually flown a Mini2 with the HolySone HSRID01 Module.  It is accepted as compliant by the FAA.

The instuctions on positioning do have cautions about not interfering with the GPS Module in the drone.  The GPS module is roughly in the middle so that makes it seem that the rear above the battery is the place to put it.  However, that is still above some internal electronic components.

I do not want to have this thread turn into a long discussion obout RID in general, we have a thread for opinions.

I am looking for actual experiance from Mini2 owners that have actually flown with the HSRID01 module and their real life experience, not opinions without factual backup.

Looking forward to responses, someone must have tried it by now.

1-16 18:26
Use props
Brfreddie
lvl.1

United States

Did you find out anything? Just ordered my RID and I have the same question.
4-6 13:16
Use props
Ranger7777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152782 ft
United States

I have not received any real information.  I also have the module but due to other commitments have not flown it yet.  About all I did was charge it and verify it was broadcasting something.  Surely someone out there has done this.   I should be flying again soon and will repory.  Planning to place it at the rear over the battery pending any other information.
4-7 11:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules