Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

josePG Posted at 4-26 07:05
Most (or almost all) of the people who sent the labels on April 11 are users of this forum. No one else (not even YouTubers) had noticed the update until the next 2 days after it was released. So there are not that many users who have sent the label on the 11th, so I don't understand what the delay is with this.
I would understand perfectly that a user who has done it on the 13th or 14th has a lot of users in front of him and his label is delayed, but those of us who have sent it on the 11th should already be about to receive it and it still says "to be sent".
Yes, it's annoying, very annoying.

Perhaps they are batch printing the labels monthly.
4-26 20:51
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35157 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-26 20:51
Perhaps they are batch printing the labels monthly.

..or perhaps they are doing every label handmade by a Chinese calligraphist..who knows?
4-27 00:30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DosPalotes Posted at 4-27 00:30
..or perhaps they are doing every label handmade by a Chinese calligraphist..who knows?

they probably launch the service before they were fully ready to supply the labels as everyone was complaining so much.
4-27 00:38
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-27 00:38
they probably launch the service before they were fully ready to supply the labels as everyone was complaining so much.

It is true, many people complained and it was sometimes pathetic, what things were mentioned and told.
But on the other side, DJI quadcopters aren't cheap and every single customer spent a certain amount of money to afford the copter and it was and it is more than annoying to wait ... if it was a noname company the customers would say; what can i expect from this shi**y company...but it is DJI. The leading company with a 76% of market shares of the drone market worldwide.  So it is harder to forgive or excuse this back and forth, wait and wait, no further information etc.
4-27 04:39
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 4-25 10:45
Hi. Thank you for your response. Usually, the label will be shipped out within 5 working days and it may take about 10- 20 days to arrive via a stamped envelope from the application submission. The time between application and issuing the label depends on the number of customers who wish to obtain the label. We will put additional resources into place to ensure that there will be no lengthy delays. But if it the label did not arrive 20 days after you submitted the application, please get in touch with DJI support to get another label.
J
application.JPG
4-27 04:47
Use props
lonix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136932 ft
Germany

DosPalotes Posted at 4-27 04:47
Dear Diana, as far as i see the application number at DJI is the year, month, date and obviously number of application. So regarding mine it shows exactly what i said,  it is day 15 now (i applied 11th but it shows 12th but anyways) and the status is still "to be shipped". Regarding your statement, it should have been shipped after 5 days, so what shall i do now? Apply again?

Hello DosPalotes,

Your application no. seems to be one of the first. This number obviously begins with the order date and ends with the serial number (...016). I was only very late on 11.04., because there were still the much-described problems with the address recording. My number is the ...366 also with date 12.04.24.

Lonix
4-27 07:22
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

lonix Posted at 4-27 07:22
Hello DosPalotes,

Your application no. seems to be one of the first. This number obviously begins with the order date and ends with the serial number (...016). I was only very late on 11.04., because there were still the much-described problems with the address recording. My number is the ...366 also with date 12.04.24.

Thanks mate, so you're on day 16 too. Is your status the same? To be shipped?Oh but the 016 has absolutely nothing to do with my serial number. This is absolutely different. I suppose its the application number this day, as you said i was very early and applied obviously as one of the fist 20... number 16 to be exact
4-27 09:49
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

DosPalotes Posted at 4-27 04:47
Dear Diana, as far as i see the application number at DJI is the year, month, date and obviously number of application. So regarding mine it shows exactly what i said,  it is day 15 now (i applied 11th but it shows 12th but anyways) and the status is still "to be shipped". Regarding your statement, it should have been shipped after 5 days, so what shall i do now? Apply again?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Could you please PM me the serial number of your DJI Air 2S. I will communicate it to the team to further look and help regarding the matter. Looking forward to your response.
4-27 11:25
Use props
tiagosmc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 478245 ft
Portugal

DJI Diana Posted at 4-27 11:25
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Could you please PM me the serial number of your DJI Air 2S. I will communicate it to the team to further look and help regarding the matter. Looking forward to your response.

@DJI Diana, can you please also check mine? Also submitted on April 11th.
4-27 16:00
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 4-27 11:25

Thank you, i wrote you the serial number.
4-27 21:37
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DosPalotes Posted at 4-27 04:39
It is true, many people complained and it was sometimes pathetic, what things were mentioned and told.
But on the other side, DJI quadcopters aren't cheap and every single customer spent a certain amount of money to afford the copter and it was and it is more than annoying to wait ... if it was a noname company the customers would say; what can i expect from this shi**y company...but it is DJI. The leading company with a 76% of market shares of the drone market worldwide.  So it is harder to forgive or excuse this back and forth, wait and wait, no further information etc.

Personally I wouldn't complain,  they have gone out of their way to retro certify a drone that was sold before they even knew the rules. Thats pretty good service.
4-27 22:20
Use props
lonix
lvl.3
Germany

DosPalotes Posted at 4-27 09:49
Thanks mate, so you're on day 16 too. Is your status the same? To be shipped?Oh but the 016 has absolutely nothing to do with my serial number. This is absolutely different. I suppose its the application number this day, as you said i was very early and applied obviously as one of the fist 20... number 16 to be exact

Yes, still "to be shipped". I suspect that it will not help if DJI asks Diana about the responsible team. She and her colleagues have done this many times and so far I have not been able to read any answers to such questions. There is actually nothing left but to wait. This is bitter because the weather is getting better again now and I would like to fly in A1 and not just circle somewhere over a meadow in A3.
4-28 00:05
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-27 22:20
Personally I wouldn't complain,  they have gone out of their way to retro certify a drone that was sold before they even knew the rules. Thats pretty good service.
H
4-28 00:54
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

lonix Posted at 4-28 00:05
Yes, still "to be shipped". I suspect that it will not help if DJI asks Diana about the responsible team. She and her colleagues have done this many times and so far I have not been able to read any answers to such questions. There is actually nothing left but to wait. This is bitter because the weather is getting better again now and I would like to fly in A1 and not just circle somewhere over a meadow in A3.
K
4-28 00:55
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DosPalotes Posted at 4-28 00:54
The rules where clear at the end of 2020 and the Air 2S was released 15.04.2021 but anyways.
I had a Mini3 Pro to fly close to people and so on and took the decision to sell it and get me an Air2s since it is the better drone even if i had to fly A3. Then when i heard about the re-certification of course i was happy as hell, specially because i thought i made the right decision by changing the Air2s against the Mini3Pro. But even if it is kind of a gift from DJI, it starts bothering.

You forget how long the design and development time is.   By the time those rules were clear manufacturing had already started.   

Avata 1 is too loud for c1 classification.  And goggles flying under EASA require a3 airspace.  So no real point.
4-28 01:03
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-28 01:03
And goggles flying under EASA require a3 airspace.  So no real point.

Oh and how it comes that the Avata2 is C1? It uses goggles as well.Now i am curious regarding your response.
4-28 01:32
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DosPalotes Posted at 4-28 01:32
Oh and how it comes that the Avata2 is C1? It uses goggles as well.Now i am curious regarding your response.

It’s still limited to a3 flight if you wear the goggles.  

https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/light/topics/drone-racing-and-flying-drone-goggles-first-person-view-fpv
4-28 02:35
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-28 02:35
It’s still limited to a3 flight if you wear the goggles.  

https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/light/topics/drone-racing-and-flying-drone-goggles-first-person-view-fpv

But this doesn't mean that a drone which can be flown FPV can't have a C1 certification which is what you stated.
4-28 05:50
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DosPalotes Posted at 4-28 05:50
But this doesn't mean that a drone which can be flown FPV can't have a C1 certification which is what you stated.

No I said that the original avata was too loud and it was pointless to add it retrospectively,   The avata 2 needs a C label to be sold under the rules.
4-28 05:52
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-28 05:52
No I said that the original avata was too loud and it was pointless to add it retrospectively,   The avata 2 needs a C label to be sold under the rules.
J
4-28 13:17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

DosPalotes Posted at 4-27 21:37
Thank you, i wrote you the serial number.

Thanks, received and replied.
4-28 16:44
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

tiagosmc Posted at 4-27 16:00
@DJI Diana, can you please also check mine? Also submitted on April 11th.

Hi there. Could you please PM me the details that includes the application number and the serial number of your drone? Thanks.
4-28 16:47
Use props
Zeb61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145390 ft
Italy

Today is 4/29, and my labels are still waiting to be shipped.

Case # is Cx20240412000451, that means requested on 4/12, 17 days ago. Is it normal? Problem with ink supplier?
I can admit that a certification process could be delayed because of problems independent from DJI, but so much time to ship labels looks dumb.
4-28 21:11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DosPalotes Posted at 4-28 13:17
I don't share this opinion. The Avata was released on August 2022 while the Air2s on April 2021, so i think it would make much more sense to recertificate a drone which is 18 month old and weighs under 500 gram, regarding that until 12/23 it was allowed to fly it A1. If it is too loud, DJI could release other props which make it more silent. But there is no will, thats the point

You make it sound so easy without knowing what the EASA requirements placed on DJI.
4-28 21:44
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-28 21:44
You make it sound so easy without knowing what the EASA requirements placed on DJI.

..oh but you know them, right?
Look. Opinions are like bu**holes, everybody got his own one and in my opinion there are much more reasons to certify the Avata C1 than for the Air2S.
Of course i am glad to have a C1 certification for my 2S but regarding the weight and the age, the Avata should have been re-certified even before.
4-28 22:46
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Zeb61 Posted at 4-28 21:11

Case # is Cx20240412000451, that means requested on 4/12, 17 days ago. Is it normal? Problem with ink supplier?
Same here, my case number is
4-28 22:52
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DosPalotes Posted at 4-28 22:46
..oh but you know them, right?
Look. Opinions are like bu**holes, everybody got his own one and in my opinion there are much more reasons to certify the Avata C1 than for the Air2S.
Of course i am glad to have a C1 certification for my 2S but regarding the weight and the age, the Avata should have been re-certified even before.

But the c label for the avatar would make no difference,  pre 20/4 it was required for sale and even with it it’s has the same limit to the airspace it can fly.  
4-28 23:45
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-28 23:45
But the c label for the avatar would make no difference,  pre 20/4 it was required for sale and even with it it’s has the same limit to the airspace it can fly.
B
4-28 23:49
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Zeb61 Posted at 4-28 21:11

Case # is Cx20240412000451, that means requested on 4/12, 17 days ago. Is it normal? Problem with ink supplier?

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will forward this issue to our team and ask them to ship it asap.
4-29 00:03
Use props
lonix
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-29 00:03
We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will forward this issue to our team and ask them to ship it asap.

Hi Mindy,
Have you or your colleagues from the named "team" ever received an answer? What is this?
4-29 00:14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DosPalotes Posted at 4-28 23:49
That's not right, at least in the country where i live, with a C1 label i would be able to fly on my own property and in the VLOS, as long as i don't wear the goggles. Some times when i fly with my DJI FPV i don't even use the goggles since it is not needed if you don't fly further than ~500m. The Avata doesn't fly if the goggles is not running but sometimes i just leave it in the bag, running but not using them.

That’s a pretty niche case though.      They should perhaps go through a remanufacture process for the handful like you.  
4-29 00:23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

lonix Posted at 4-29 00:14
Hi Mindy,
Have you or your colleagues from the named "team" ever received an answer? What is this?

We are still checking with them, if you encounter the same issue, you can also provide us with the application number and we will urge them again.
4-29 00:33
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi everyone, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We got an update from our team that now the Air 2S C1 label is out of stock, we will arrange the label shipment asap in order of the application time. Sorry again for the waiting.
4-29 04:46
Use props
The flying dutchy
lvl.1

Netherlands

How on earth are these labels out of stock? Somewhere there has to be a list that has got the amount of Air 2s units sold, with that list you could kinda predict the amount of requests for the label that were going to be submitted, but instead the team responsible probably just guessed and made some labels hoping it would be enough, and now it turns out there are not enough labels and they are out of stock. I mean it was not that hard to just search up a list of units sold and just look at the numbers and make an percentage of that amount since not all of the sold units are still flying/will submit a request. Of course no blame to Diana/Mindy because they can not help it that somewhere in the process of making those labels someone made a miscalculation or just guessed. To end on a sort of positive note, I am still very happy DJI is providing us with the Cx label retrofit because otherwise i would have to downgrade to a drone that is worse, just to be allowed to fly near anything that is not just an open field with nothing but grass on it (Special shoutout to EU rules for making this nonsense possible)
4-29 06:24
Use props
tiagosmc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 478245 ft
Portugal

So far no one has either received or said that their C1 labels have been shipped. It's fair to assume that production of the Air 2S labels is just starting, which is a shame since they could had been made months ago. If you request labels for any other drone, like the Mini 4 Pro, they seem to be shipped right away.
4-29 07:24
Use props
Thasitis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151391 ft
Germany

It's quite disappointing that a company like DJI hasn’t managed to have the labels ready for the start of the certification process. I'm curious to see when the shipping will begin.
4-29 07:59
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

Considering that the Declaration of Conformity with C1 specification and the updated User Manual with the C1 are not yet available, I suspect that the certification process is not completely finished. They released the firmware that support the C1 certification and they allowed us to submit  the request for the label (to keep us calm ...). But probably something is still missing on the certification side and the labels cannot be shipped.
This is only a suspect, but sometimes thinking bad is thinking right ...
4-29 08:15
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-29 04:46
Hi everyone, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We got an update from our team that now the Air 2S C1 label is out of stock, we will arrange the label shipment asap in order of the application time. Sorry again for the waiting.
Pu
4-29 09:02
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-29 04:46
J
4-29 09:07
Use props
josePG
lvl.2
Spain

DosPalotes Posted at 4-29 09:02
I was number 16 to make the request, did you ever HAD a Label für the Air2s certification? I am really so fuck*** sick of this game. DJI is treating us like idiotic fu**ing fools. You really ruined my day, i am really thinking about to take a a hammer and destroy the fu**ing Air2s, just to set a Stop on this. Its is simply enough, it is enough, enough.
I wish i had never come to this forum and would'nt know about the re-certification fairytale. So i would fly A3 as before, not installed a crappy firmware which makes my drone fly slower and all good but instead i am being fooled since January with this SH**

How do you know that you are the number 16? where is it show that?
4-29 09:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules