DJI MIC 2 Beginners Guide - Start Here

1-17 06:39
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another great find DA.    Jeven does an awesome job on the video.  I already ordered my 2nd Mic 2.  Glad DJI gave us several options.
1-18 04:05
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-18 04:05
Another great find DA.    Jeven does an awesome job on the video.  I already ordered my 2nd Mic 2.  Glad DJI gave us several options.

It's a shame they didnt do a bundle for OP3 owners with the Mic.  
1-18 05:29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-18 05:29
It's a shame they didnt do a bundle for OP3 owners with the Mic.

They did offer a few options but I wish they had a make your own kit option because not everybody has the same needs.  My order confirmation for one additional Mic 2 shows a January 26th delivery date.  
1-18 14:06
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-18 14:06
They did offer a few options but I wish they had a make your own kit option because not everybody has the same needs.  My order confirmation for one additional Mic 2 shows a January 26th delivery date.

I see they sold out really fast,   at least for the UK store.   Did you go for the white one?
1-19 02:19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-19 02:19
I see they sold out really fast,   at least for the UK store.   Did you go for the white one?

I did the black one so it would match the one I got with the Creator Combo.  I see they finally came out with a User Manual for the MIC2.  With the Creator Combo they only had a Quick Start Guide for the MIC 2.
1-19 04:33
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-19 04:33
I did the black one so it would match the one I got with the Creator Combo.  I see they finally came out with a User Manual for the MIC2.  With the Creator Combo they only had a Quick Start Guide for the MIC 2.

I thought the white was a nice idea as it would hide more on lighter clothes.  
1-19 04:35
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-19 04:35
I thought the white was a nice idea as it would hide more on lighter clothes.

It probably will.  However, what color is the wind muff?  That might make it a bit more visible also.  
1-19 15:59
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-19 15:59
It probably will.  However, what color is the wind muff?  That might make it a bit more visible also.

I think it was a light grey colour.   
1-20 01:26
Use props
alex28766
New
Flight distance : 184 ft
Italy

Ciao, ieri mi è arrivata la confezione con 1 riveitore e 1 mic2, avendo già il mic 2 del bundle osmo pocket3, ma con mio stupore, il mic presente nel bundle, non si collega con il ricevitore.......
1-20 02:59
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-20 01:26
I think it was a light grey colour.

I took a look on the DJI online store and it seems the white MIC 2 comes with a white windscreen.  Guess that makes it chic looking.
WS.jpg
1-20 06:19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

alex28766 Posted at 1-20 02:59
Ciao, ieri mi è arrivata la confezione con 1 riveitore e 1 mic2, avendo già il mic 2 del bundle osmo pocket3, ma con mio stupore, il mic presente nel bundle, non si collega con il ricevitore.......

Assicurarsi che il firmware sia aggiornato sul MIC2 appena ricevuto e anche sull'OP3, quindi seguire le istruzioni seguenti.
Dalla schermata dell'OP3:
1. Scorri verso il basso dalla parte superiore dello schermo e accedi al menu di controllo. Tocca l'icona delle impostazioni e seleziona Microfono wireless, quindi la fotocamera sarà pronta per collegarsi al nuovo trasmettitore.
2. Tenere premuto il pulsante di accensione del trasmettitore per due secondi per accenderlo.
3. Assicurarsi che il trasmettitore sia in modalità di collegamento Bluetooth quando è acceso. Quando l'indicatore di stato del sistema del trasmettitore è verde, tenere premuto il pulsante di registrazione per tre secondi per passare alla modalità di collegamento Bluetooth.
4. Tenere premuto il pulsante di collegamento del trasmettitore per due secondi, quindi il trasmettitore inizierà a cercare i dispositivi Bluetooth nelle vicinanze. Durante questo processo, l'indicatore di stato del sistema del trasmettitore lampeggia rapidamente in blu.
5. Una volta collegato correttamente il trasmettitore alla telecamera, l'indicatore di stato del sistema del trasmettitore sarà blu fisso. È quindi possibile visualizzare lo stato della connessione in base alla richiesta sullo schermo dell'OP3.
1-20 06:34
Use props
alex28766
New
Flight distance : 184 ft
Italy

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-20 06:34
Assicurarsi che il firmware sia aggiornato sul MIC2 appena ricevuto e anche sull'OP3, quindi seguire le istruzioni seguenti.
Dalla schermata dell'OP3:
1. Scorri verso il basso dalla parte superiore dello schermo e accedi al menu di controllo. Tocca l'icona delle impostazioni e seleziona Microfono wireless, quindi la fotocamera sarà pronta per collegarsi al nuovo trasmettitore.

non si collega al ricevitore del microfono, non al osmo pocket 3
1-20 11:05
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-20 06:19
I took a look on the DJI online store and it seems the white MIC 2 comes with a white windscreen.  Guess that makes it chic looking.

That reminds me of a pom pom.
1-21 04:49
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-21 04:49
That reminds me of a pom pom.

It certainly does.  Way too white for my liking.  Glad I went with the darker MIC 2.  
1-21 06:30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-21 06:30
It certainly does.  Way too white for my liking.  Glad I went with the darker MIC 2.

How long before we see someone mixing the white dead cat with the black body on YouTube?
1-21 06:42
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-21 06:42
How long before we see someone mixing the white dead cat with the black body on YouTube?

Probably not long now as many shipping dates were for January 22.  Mine is not due until January 24th.  I see the store is now out of stock for white and black .  
1-21 10:04
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-21 10:04
Probably not long now as many shipping dates were for January 22.  Mine is not due until January 24th.  I see the store is now out of stock for white and black .

The high street stores here where you can go in and buy DJI stuff only got the full combo, none seem to have just a mic2.
1-22 01:13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-22 01:13
The high street stores here where you can go in and buy DJI stuff only got the full combo, none seem to have just a mic2.

Seems the major retailers here are in the same boat.  B&H, DroneNerds, and Adorama all show "New Product - Will Arrive soon".  Glad I ordered mine from DJI on release day.  
1-22 03:26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-22 03:26
Seems the major retailers here are in the same boat.  B&H, DroneNerds, and Adorama all show "New Product - Will Arrive soon".  Glad I ordered mine from DJI on release day.

I guess there’s better margin on the full combo to them.
1-22 05:39
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-22 05:39
I guess there’s better margin on the full combo to them.

I'm pretty sure you are right about that.  

Finally, got the Mini 3 Pro out for a short flight today.  Almost lost it as it started to gyrate and act really weird.  I got no errors on the RC screen but I just decided to land it right where it was immediately.  After I walked over to it I noticed that one of the prop screws was really loose.  I replaced that pair of props and used the new screws that came with it.  Thanks goodness for the Wowstick as it made the replacement process easier than trying to use that piece of junk that DJI calls a screwdriver.  Short test flight after prop change and she flew perfectly.  
1-22 15:16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-22 15:16
I'm pretty sure you are right about that.  

Finally, got the Mini 3 Pro out for a short flight today.  Almost lost it as it started to gyrate and act really weird.  I got no errors on the RC screen but I just decided to land it right where it was immediately.  After I walked over to it I noticed that one of the prop screws was really loose.  I replaced that pair of props and used the new screws that came with it.  Thanks goodness for the Wowstick as it made the replacement process easier than trying to use that piece of junk that DJI calls a screwdriver.  Short test flight after prop change and she flew perfectly.

I really do wish they could find a way to do quick release props on the mini drones,  I hate the screws.
1-23 00:10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-23 00:10
I really do wish they could find a way to do quick release props on the mini drones,  I hate the screws.

That makes two of us.  I'm just guessing but I think it has to do with keeping the weight down.  It is so much easier with the easy on props for the Air 3 and Air 2S.
1-23 03:21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-23 03:21
That makes two of us.  I'm just guessing but I think it has to do with keeping the weight down.  It is so much easier with the easy on props for the Air 3 and Air 2S.

It's hard to fathom that they could weigh much more,   but Im guessing that its tight.  Id rather have quick props than landing legs though.
1-23 05:59
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-23 05:59
It's hard to fathom that they could weigh much more,   but Im guessing that its tight.  Id rather have quick props than landing legs though.

I hand launch/recover as a norm so I could survive without legs.  I'd love to have quick change props for the Mini series.  
1-23 09:27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-23 09:27
I hand launch/recover as a norm so I could survive without legs.  I'd love to have quick change props for the Mini series.

Same here.   And with the Mini 3 the lack of legs for times when I do land on a surface has never caused me an issue.
1-23 23:24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-23 23:24
Same here.   And with the Mini 3 the lack of legs for times when I do land on a surface has never caused me an issue.

I've seen a few pilots with there Mini 3s and Mini 4s landing on the sand at the beach.  No doubt they are kicking up tiny grits of sand and I wonder how much of that is ending up in the drone's motors.  

1-24 03:57
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-24 03:57
I've seen a few pilots with there Mini 3s and Mini 4s landing on the sand at the beach.  No doubt they are kicking up tiny grits of sand and I wonder how much of that is ending up in the drone's motors.

Some people have no sense at all.  Did you see the F Stoppers video on the Mic2 system,   seems they have found some serious issue.
1-24 23:13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-24 23:13
Some people have no sense at all.  Did you see the F Stoppers video on the Mic2 system,   seems they have found some serious issue.

I saw his video but then when you read the comments there is some doubt as to what exactly he found and whether it was preventable.  I've had zero issues with mine so maybe he got a bad Mic 2.  
1-25 10:47
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-25 10:47
I saw his video but then when you read the comments there is some doubt as to what exactly he found and whether it was preventable.  I've had zero issues with mine so maybe he got a bad Mic 2.

I hadnt seen any comments,   I think I watched it shortly after it was released.  I'l go back and check them.  
1-26 01:31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is a lengthy and good video.
3-25 00:19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain