Samsung Tab S9 FE (8gb) - slow/choppy video
431 3 1-17 16:46
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_NkJLelWhJoQ9
lvl.2

United States

Today I received my second Samsung Tab S9 FE - I had the 6gb RAM version, and I replaced it with an 8gb RAM version.

The 6gb version worked great - but I wanted more RAM because the Map Pilot Pro app uses a lot of memory.

I set up my new 8gb version - and discovered that the video is slow and choppy on all of my apps. (DJI GO 4, Pix4D Capture Pro, Drone Harmony, Map Pilot Pro)

The telemetry seems to work fine - the compass and horizon displays work properly without any issues.

Swapping over to my Google Pixel 4XL phone - the video works fine on all these apps.

Since the tablet is new, it was easy enough to do a factory reset and try again.  That didn't fix it.

I'd be interested in hearing any thoughts on this problem.  If nothing less - this thread can be a caution to others considering the 8gb version of the Samsung Tab S9 FE.

Thank you!

1-17 16:46
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello. It has been confirmed that your mobile device Samsung Tab S9 SE is not currently compatible. It can be preliminarily determined that the issue is caused by a compatibility error. Since there are many device models awaiting testing, this issue cannot be resolved in the short term. If you have an urgent flight mission, it is recommended that you use the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website in order to avoid a flight mission failure. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
1-18 01:48
Use props
djiuser_NkJLelWhJoQ9
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-18 01:48
Hello. It has been confirmed that your mobile device Samsung Tab S9 SE is not currently compatible. It can be preliminarily determined that the issue is caused by a compatibility error. Since there are many device models awaiting testing, this issue cannot be resolved in the short term. If you have an urgent flight mission, it is recommended that you use the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website in order to avoid a flight mission failure. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you for your kind reply!

Yes - this Samsung Tab S9 FE is not on the list of supported devices for DJI Go 4.  

It's interesting that the version with 6gb of RAM did work OK.  But when I upgraded to the 8gb version, it had the problem with the video feed from the Mavic 2 Pro.

I think it's odd that the version with more memory has the problem.

I will take your advice and get a device on the supported list.

Thank you!
1-18 05:00
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_NkJLelWhJoQ9 Posted at 1-18 05:00
Thank you for your kind reply!

Yes - this Samsung Tab S9 FE is not on the list of supported devices for DJI Go 4.  

You're most welcome. Again, we're sorry to hear about the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding regarding this matter. Should you have further concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us.
1-21 03:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules