DJI MIMO Live Display and Video Playback Mode Issue
490 14 1-17 22:26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FfoSuy
lvl.3

Singapore

Hi Actioners, anyone has display orientation issues with DJI MIMO app in the live view as well as playback mode on iPhone (iOS)? Screen orientation lock is off and you stiill get what you see below. You can also see the iconns in the app are in the right orientation, and yet the live video display is rotated 90 degrees, so this is definitely a bug in the app. In playback mode, display is OK with phone in upright mode and on its left side, but becomes upside down when phone is also rotated upside down and on it's right side. This is on the latest firmware and software and I have reported the issue but it seems no one is taking this seriously.Thanks in advance for the help!

Display Orientation Issue

Display Orientation Issue
1-17 22:26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. We will confirm this phenomenon with our relevant team for further checking. In the meantime, may I ask about the specific model of the device, the iOS version, and your DJI Mimo app version? Please feel free to reach us anytime.
1-17 23:26
Use props
FfoSuy
lvl.3

Singapore

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-17 23:26
Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. We will confirm this phenomenon with our relevant team for further checking. In the meantime, may I ask about the specific model of the device, the iOS version, and your DJI Mimo app version? Please feel free to reach us anytime.

Thanks for reaching out. Phone model is iPhone 12, iOS version is 17.2.1 & DJI MIMO app version is V1.11.6(297358).
1-18 20:32
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

FfoSuy Posted at 1-18 20:32
Thanks for reaching out. Phone model is iPhone 12, iOS version is 17.2.1 & DJI MIMO app version is V1.11.6(297358).

Thank you for responding and additional information. Please stay tuned here for further updates regarding this matter. Rest assured that the latest feedback will be cascaded here.
1-22 03:00
Use props
FfoSuy
lvl.3

Singapore

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-22 03:00
Thank you for responding and additional information. Please stay tuned here for further updates regarding this matter. Rest assured that the latest feedback will be cascaded here.

Hi @DJI Gamora, any updates on this topic so far? Thanks!
1-28 07:02
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

FfoSuy Posted at 1-28 07:02
Hi @DJI Gamora, any updates on this topic so far? Thanks!

Hello. After checking this situation with our relevant team, we can confirm that this phenomenon is normal behavior of the app, as it will fully display the image with no relation to the DJI Action 4's orientation or the mobile screen's orientation settings. I hope this information helps.
1-30 23:55
Use props
FfoSuy
lvl.3

Singapore

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-30 23:55
Hello. After checking this situation with our relevant team, we can confirm that this phenomenon is normal behavior of the app, as it will fully display the image with no relation to the DJI Action 4's orientation or the mobile screen's orientation settings. I hope this information helps.

Seriously? Phenomenon is normal? Here I am holding my phone in the portrait mode, and the menu is displayed correctly but the live display is rotated 90 degrees?
Before the last DJI app update, the display was fine, and the live view display orientate correctly, even though the display is small (landscape view fitting to width of portrait mode). So this is definitely a bug which was introduced during the Dec app update.

I really don't know how to convince the DJI team anymore. Sorry, but perhaps DJI team should just declare that the app only works in landscape mode, rather than stating this is normal phenomenon, which is really ridiculous. Please take a look at the picture below again.

Are you serious this is normal?

Are you serious this is normal?
1-31 05:52
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

FfoSuy Posted at 1-31 05:52
Seriously? Phenomenon is normal? Here I am holding my phone in the portrait mode, and the menu is displayed correctly but the live display is rotated 90 degrees?
Before the last DJI app update, the display was fine, and the live view display orientate correctly, even though the display is small (landscape view fitting to width of portrait mode). So this is definitely a bug which was introduced during the Dec app update.

Thank you for responding and sorry for the inconvenience. I've forwarded this photo to our relevant team for their reference. However, rest assured that I'll make a follow-up on the matter for further confirmation. Any feedback will surely cascade here. Thank you for your patience.
2-2 22:29
Use props
FfoSuy
lvl.3

Singapore

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-2 22:29
Thank you for responding and sorry for the inconvenience. I've forwarded this photo to our relevant team for their reference. However, rest assured that I'll make a follow-up on the matter for further confirmation. Any feedback will surely cascade here. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you. Hope the team acknowledges this is an issue and issue proper usage guidelines/ or a fix.
2-3 18:25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

FfoSuy Posted at 2-3 18:25
Thank you. Hope the team acknowledges this is an issue and issue proper usage guidelines/ or a fix.

Thank you for your patience. It's confirmed that the previous behavior of the app was identified as a bug. However, this situation has been rectified and optimized after the update. I hope this information clarifies your concern. Thank you for your understanding.
2-7 01:07
Use props
FfoSuy
lvl.3

Singapore

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-7 01:07
Thank you for your patience. It's confirmed that the previous behavior of the app was identified as a bug. However, this situation has been rectified and optimized after the update. I hope this information clarifies your concern. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for confirming this was indeed a bug. I am looking forward to the next update. Thank you, DJI team!
2-9 21:59
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

FfoSuy Posted at 2-9 21:59
Thank you for confirming this was indeed a bug. I am looking forward to the next update. Thank you, DJI team!

You're most welcome. However, I believe there was a misunderstanding regarding this situation. To provide further clarification, I've confirmed your claim regarding the orientation of the image which can be viewed vertically on the previous version with our engineers. This previous phenomenon is indeed a bug and the latest version has rectified it. I hope this information brings clarity.
2-13 03:48
Use props
FfoSuy
lvl.3

Singapore

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 03:48
You're most welcome. However, I believe there was a misunderstanding regarding this situation. To provide further clarification, I've confirmed your claim regarding the orientation of the image which can be viewed vertically on the previous version with our engineers. This previous phenomenon is indeed a bug and the latest version has rectified it. I hope this information brings clarity.

Well, that's not good news then! The previous version (Nov '23) was not a bug.
I think your engineers are still not getting the perspective from the user. If the phone is held vertically, I would expect the view display to be oriented upright (following the DJI camera) even though it may be smaller, rather than trying to maximize the phone display and end up being rotated 90 degrees. It seriously does not make sense to have the icons upright and the view on its side.
I do not have this problem on the GoPro....live view always follow the camera's orientation no matter how I turn my phone.
2-14 05:19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

FfoSuy Posted at 2-14 05:19
Well, that's not good news then! The previous version (Nov '23) was not a bug.
I think your engineers are still not getting the perspective from the user. If the phone is held vertically, I would expect the view display to be oriented upright (following the DJI camera) even though it may be smaller, rather than trying to maximize the phone display and end up being rotated 90 degrees. It seriously does not make sense to have the icons upright and the view on its side.
I do not have this problem on the GoPro....live view always follow the camera's orientation no matter how I turn my phone.

Thank you for responding. Rest assured that we'll communicate with our relevant team regarding your feedback for awareness. We thank you for your understanding and support.
2-20 23:49
Use props
FfoSuy
lvl.3

Singapore

Still not fixed in the latest firmware update.
4-4 18:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules