Is it normal for avata to fall after front obstacle hit?
336 4 1-18 02:06
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_BW5ND7zYK0Pj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182523 ft
Poland

Hello everyone !

I have an issue with my avata caused by loosing control after hitting an obstacle. Im quite new to avata therefore Id like to ask experienced users, is it standard reaction fkr avata to loose control and fall down immediately after hitting an obstacle? Also im wondering if brake button should react while throttle is still on? Because mine did not.

W zwiazku z powyszym zdarzeniem niestety avata wpadla do rzeki i serwis oznajmił szkode calkowita z winy uzytkownika dodatkowo podajac nieprawdziwe dane z odczytu gps...

Czy moze ktos z Was mial do czynienia z zalaną avata? Moze jednak jest jakas szansa na naprawe?

1-18 02:06
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291345 ft
Brunei

It depends on the height. If its high enough for recovery, it will recover. If not, it will drop and shut down its motors. From the video, it looks like the Avata lost a lot of height as you hit the bridge. You have to remember that drones in flight have literally almost no friction because they are floating in the air. Any small bumps will deflect their path quite a bit. I believe the flight computer is programmed to disarm its motors if it senses it has hit the ground or has no altitude as a safety precaution as well as to conserve power in the event it landed upside down and you are able to turtle mode and recover.
I hope the drone was ok.

As a new flyer, you should really avoid flying in risky situations until your understand the characteristics of your drone better. Flying over water is the worst thing any new flyer can do. Next is flying too far or too high without a good understand of the battery capability when in windy conditions etc. Another is flying over a busy road. If anything happens and it drops for whatever reason (maybe hit a wire) then any cars would run over it.
1-18 04:05
Use props
djiuser_BW5ND7zYK0Pj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182523 ft
Poland

D35Archangel Posted at 1-18 04:05
It depends on the height. If its high enough for recovery, it will recover. If not, it will drop and shut down its motors. From the video, it looks like the Avata lost a lot of height as you hit the bridge. You have to remember that drones in flight have literally almost no friction because they are floating in the air. Any small bumps will deflect their path quite a bit. I believe the flight computer is programmed to disarm its motors if it senses it has hit the ground or has no altitude as a safety precaution as well as to conserve power in the event it landed upside down and you are able to turtle mode and recover.
I hope the drone was ok.

Thanks alot for your reply. Unfortunately drone is not powering on. The only reaction is when turning power on there is a very quite sound coming from the engines. Ive send it over to dji service but they dont want to repair it as they said " its to dangerous "
1-18 04:37
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291345 ft
Brunei

djiuser_BW5ND7zYK0Pj Posted at 1-18 04:37
Thanks alot for your reply. Unfortunately drone is not powering on. The only reaction is when turning power on there is a very quite sound coming from the engines. Ive send it over to dji service but they dont want to repair it as they said " its to dangerous "

Sorry to hear that. Water and electronics do not mix well.
I guess the only option is to buy a new drone or a DJI replacement. It will be cheaper than buying the entire set since you already have the goggles and controller.
Call this your school fees.
1-18 04:47
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're deeply sorry for the incident that happened to your unit.  In this case, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit.
1-18 23:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules