DJI_0086.00_06_10_18.Still012.jpg
1-18 05:13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks pretty tidy. Is it relatively new?
1-18 12:29
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5018169 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 1-18 12:29
Looks pretty tidy. Is it relatively new?

Yes, This whole area is being renewed. This is the new postal facility. I think everything is coming in waiting for the new roads that are being built.
1-18 12:43
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-18 12:43
Yes, This whole area is being renewed. This is the new postal facility. I think everything is coming in waiting for the new roads that are being built.

That's a huge development then.
1-18 14:40
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 1-18 14:40
That's a huge development then.

It seems that way. I wasn't aware of anything until I got calls for drone work. It's an area I try not to drive through. Not the friendliest of neighborhoods in the industrial areas.
1-18 14:43
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-18 14:43
It seems that way. I wasn't aware of anything until I got calls for drone work. It's an area I try not to drive through. Not the friendliest of neighborhoods in the industrial areas.

I hear you
Is that government money financing the development, or business coalitions?
1-18 14:48
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The state and federal govt is building the roads.Most of the warehouses are being built privately.
1-18 19:06
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Was this the one where they came out and spoke with you ?
1-19 02:30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shot Charlie.    That's a massive postal facility.  
1-19 03:16
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-19 03:16
Great shot Charlie.    That's a massive postal facility.

Thank you. If you look to the right it stretches back almost a half mile. I put up a post today that shows that end.
1-19 04:33
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-19 04:33
Thank you. If you look to the right it stretches back almost a half mile. I put up a post today that shows that end.

You're most welcome.  they must have built it oversize to accommodate future growth.  
1-19 16:03
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-19 16:03
You're most welcome.  they must have built it oversize to accommodate future growth.

I hope so. However the postal service business is fizzling out. Amazon is delivering most of their own parcels. Electronic payment have really cut into mail delivery. Stamps keep going up in price. It's scary, how the US postal service is failing.
1-19 18:05
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-19 18:05
I hope so. However the postal service business is fizzling out. Amazon is delivering most of their own parcels. Electronic payment have really cut into mail delivery. Stamps keep going up in price. It's scary, how the US postal service is failing.

15 straight years of running in the red!  Any non-federal company would have been out of business a long time ago.  I just read an article talking about 4 changes coming up this year with the USPS.
1 - Stamp prices going up (just as you said)
2 - To do a change of address a government issued ID must be shown
3 - Mail volume will continue to decline and losses will continue to grow
4 - Mail in ballots may not be delivered on time
Yet, they still will not privatize the postal service.  
1-20 05:47
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

Do like the black and white shots
1-20 06:24
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-20 05:47
15 straight years of running in the red!  Any non-federal company would have been out of business a long time ago.  I just read an article talking about 4 changes coming up this year with the USPS.
1 - Stamp prices going up (just as you said)
2 - To do a change of address a government issued ID must be shown

Amazon and UPS do a much better job. It has proven to work, but employees don't want to lose their federal jobs and benefits.
1-20 07:10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-20 07:10
Amazon and UPS do a much better job. It has proven to work, but employees don't want to lose their federal jobs and benefits.

I can't say as I blame them but still there needs to be some hard decisions about retaining the current US Postal Service.  If they can't at least break even and not go in the red it's time to get out the bugler and play Taps for the USPS.  Maybe you wil get a kick out of this.  
SGU.jpg
1-20 14:24
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-20 14:24
I can't say as I blame them but still there needs to be some hard decisions about retaining the current US Postal Service.  If they can't at least break even and not go in the red it's time to get out the bugler and play Taps for the USPS.  Maybe you wil get a kick out of this.

That's funny. It's a shame that they can't make things work. I don't understand why they can't Amazon pays their grey trucks .79 cents per package and they make a good living. Why can't the post office?
1-20 15:41
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-20 15:41
That's funny. It's a shame that they can't make things work. I don't understand why they can't Amazon pays their grey trucks .79 cents per package and they make a good living. Why can't the post office?

I think it might be summed up in one word - GREED.

Money is not the root of all evil, but greed is.
1-20 15:54
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-20 15:54
I think it might be summed up in one word - GREED.

Money is not the root of all evil, but greed is.

I don't know I think there is a mix of that along with a lack of common business sense. Look at how they have trucks built. God knows what it costs to have those custom mail trucks with the wheel on the right side.
https://www.eenews.net/articles/ ... ce-tag-for-100-evs/

1-20 16:26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-20 16:26
I don't know I think there is a mix of that along with a lack of common business sense. Look at how they have trucks built. God knows what it costs to have those custom mail trucks with the wheel on the right side.
https://www.eenews.net/articles/postal-service-heres-the-price-tag-for-100-evs/

The USPS is run like a typical federal bureaucracy and not a civilian business.  

I saw my first Rivian truck yesterday and was not really impressed with it.  After speaking to the driver I quickly learned he was not happy with his R1T.  He said his R1T suffered a catastrophic failure of the left rear brake and it locked up the wheel and tied up traffic until he could get it towed.  He said 2nd issues was a critical battery failure that resulted in an engine failure message.  Towed once again.  3rd issue was really bad according to him. He made a left turn and the truck would not let him straighten the steering wheel, causing the vehicle to run off the road.  He is trying to get a replacement under the automotive lemon law.  Glad I talked to him as at one time I'd considered getting the Rivian R1T.   
1-21 06:18
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-21 06:18
The USPS is run like a typical federal bureaucracy and not a civilian business.  

I saw my first Rivian truck yesterday and was not really impressed with it.  After speaking to the driver I quickly learned he was not happy with his R1T.  He said his R1T suffered a catastrophic failure of the left rear brake and it locked up the wheel and tied up traffic until he could get it towed.  He said 2nd issues was a critical battery failure that resulted in an engine failure message.  Towed once again.  3rd issue was really bad according to him. He made a left turn and the truck would not let him straighten the steering wheel, causing the vehicle to run off the road.  He is trying to get a replacement under the automotive lemon law.  Glad I talked to him as at one time I'd considered getting the Rivian R1T.

Sounds like your typical govt. vehicle.
1-21 06:25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-21 06:25
Sounds like your typical govt. vehicle.

You might be right about that.
1-21 10:00
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-21 10:00
You might be right about that.

They always specialize their vehicles and the companies don't make enough of that version to get it right.
1-21 10:08
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-21 10:08
They always specialize their vehicles and the companies don't make enough of that version to get it right.

They probably go by that old saying "well it is good enough for the government".   No doubt there is little QA going on.
1-21 10:59
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice capture Charles!
2-21 23:59
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer