Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Same time video and photo in one button
2090 18 2015-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
orestiadacity
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109478 ft
Greece

Is there any way to get video and at the same time get photo because you have to stop the video at the same time video and photo  would be better thanks
2015-9-9
Use props
louie.bellaphot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 389741 ft

United States

You can shoot video and still photos at the same time.  When shooting video just hit the still photo button.  No need to stop the video.  Just no one button like you asked about.
2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

louie.bellaphot Posted at 2015-9-9 23:24
You can shoot video and still photos at the same time.  When shooting video just hit the still photo ...

that is wrong. you can not video and do stills at same time. u have to stop video to take stills
2015-9-9
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

louie.bellaphot Posted at 2015-9-9 16:24
You can shoot video and still photos at the same time.  When shooting video just hit the still photo ...

The app makes a noise as if you have taken a photo, and also the little animation around the shutter button, but there will not be a photo on your SD, just the video.
2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

liningiv Posted at 2015-9-9 23:56
The app makes a noise as if you have taken a photo, and also the little animation around the shutt ...

u must be using an android, cuz it doesnt even do that in ios!!
2015-9-9
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

iPad mini, 3.
2015-9-9
Use props
littlejohn
lvl.1

Italy

not possible to take photos while recording....even with the Litchi app this is STILL not possible with the Phantom 3
2015-9-9
Use props
john_351
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128675 ft
United States

Anyone know if it's a hardware limitation?  I've often thought that would be nice to be able to do.
I know you can film in 4k and frame grab and get a decent picture, but you  lose the raw format.
2015-9-9
Use props
apsphoto
lvl.2

United States

The problem is the sensor download, you can take video or you can take a still shot. If shooting video and press the still button, video stops and the still is taken. Then you must restart the video. It has to do with how the sensor is read, the still is a larger mp image than the video. Look at the frame sizes you can see they are different from video.

Alan
2015-9-9
Use props
jennings93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820102 ft
Australia

In the phantom 2 with a gopro 4 black set to 1080p you can shoot full responsibility stills but not in 4k. Pity this isn't implemented in the P3 pro because I believe it uses the same song sensor as the p3 pro.
2015-9-9
Use props
jennings93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820102 ft
Australia

Sorry about the typos bloody predictive typing.
2015-9-9
Use props
orestiadacity
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109478 ft
Greece

Thank you all for your answers,  would be good in the next update be able to pull video and photos with  οne  button
2015-9-10
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

In iOS, DJI GO 4 app, when flying and recording a video, there is a WHITE "button" just above the red one (a little square when filming). I remember that touching this button makes a photo... At least I HAD this option... in App version  4.1.0 I have the impression this is not working (anymore)...I remember I tested it... the qualoty of the photo taken in this way was of a lesser quality than taking photos the usual way...  

Any of you with more luck or DJI...

Max
2017-6-12
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

RESOLVED!!!

The feature has been restored/is functioning again in DJI GO 4 app V 4.1.2 !!

it works in all video-modes except 4K 4096....
2017-6-16
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

louie.bellaphot Posted at 2015-9-9 07:24
You can shoot video and still photos at the same time.  When shooting video just hit the still photo button.  No need to stop the video.  Just no one button like you asked about.

RESOLVED!!!

The feature has been restored/is functioning again in DJI GO 4 app V 4.1.2 !!

When you start a VIDEO a WHITE "button" appears above the "button" you touch to start the video... when you press the WHITE one a picture (in a lower resolution and only in JPEG) is taken.

Usefull feature... in my opinion...

take care, fly, video and still safe

Max
2017-6-16
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

orestiadacity@g Posted at 2015-9-10 04:38
Thank you all for your answers,  would be good in the next update be able to pull video and photos with  οne  button

When you start a VIDEO a WHITE "button" appears above the "button" you touch to start the video... when you press the WHITE one a picture (in a lower resolution and only in JPEG) is taken.

Max
2017-6-16
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

apsphoto Posted at 2015-9-9 10:29
The problem is the sensor download, you can take video or you can take a still shot. If shooting video and press the still button, video stops and the still is taken. Then you must restart the video. It has to do with how the sensor is read, the still is a larger mp image than the video. Look at the frame sizes you can see they are different from video.

Alan

simultaneous IS possible...

Max
2017-6-16
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

When you start a VIDEO a WHITE "button" appears above the "button" you touch to start the video... when you press the WHITE one a picture (in a lower resolution and only in JPEG) is taken.  Usefull feature... in my opinion...  take care, fly, video and still safe   Max
2017-6-16
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

john_351@yahoo. Posted at 2015-9-9 09:50
Anyone know if it's a hardware limitation?  I've often thought that would be nice to be able to do.
I know you can film in 4k and frame grab and get a decent picture, but you  lose the raw format.

Hi John...

Usefull feature... in my opinion... I haven't tested in 4k though... you might and tell us!

Max
PS I just tested it myself... it works in all video-modes EXCEPT 4K 4096...
2017-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules