Mic 2: power off; full receiver
200 2 1-20 00:25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anonymouse
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Two Mic 2 questions please:
  • Do I need to power off the transmitters or receiver, when I place them in the charger at the end of use? It seems that if powered off, they just turn on again, when in the case.
  • What's the behaviour when a transmitter fills its storage? The manual says it stops recording, but I have heard several reviewers say that it removes old recordings to make space. (I wish this was a selectable choice because there are times when either of these is the right option).

1-20 00:25
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

1. I have DJI Mic (actually two of them) and picked up DJI Mic 2 yesterday. I have never needed to turn on DJI Mic, especially since a firmware update which gives me the choice to have each mic/transmitter start recording automatically upon removal from the charging case. Each component turns off inside the closed case and fires up when the case is opened; occasionally only after a slight delay, which serves as confirmation, if needed, that they were off.

2. The original DJI Mic's transmitters, according to its User Manual, overwrite the earliest file when full whereas, as you have established, DJI Mic 2, when full, stops recording, again according to its User Manual. Presumably this change is in response to user feedback but I tend to agree with you that it would be useful to be able to choose.
Reviewers often don't do enough research in their haste to publish their reports and I doubt that any of them so far have actually put what happens when a DJI Mic 2's transmitter's storage is full to the test. It is also unfashionable to read the manual provided with a tech device or these days more likely available as a download. Maybe what you've heard are reviewers applying what they know of the original DJI Mic to the revised product.
1-20 13:02
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, anonymouse. Thank you for reaching out.
1. When the transmitter and receiver are put into the charging box, there is no need to operate the shutdown. After the cover of the charging box is closed, the transmitter and receiver will automatically shut down.
2. When the storage space of the transmitter is full, the transmitter will stop recording, and it does not support changing to other functions at present. (Such request will be fed back to the engineer for further evaluation, and if the firmware is updated in the future, it will be pushed through the official website.)
Have a great day ahead.
1-22 02:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules