Galaxy telephone not compatible with Pocket-3. Now what?
575 4 1-20 01:34
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Boommusic
lvl.1
Netherlands

I finally received my long awaited Pocket 3! Now it turns out it is not  compatible with my Samsung Galaxy M31 telephone in order to download the  DJI Mimo app! (imho any Galaxy model is (should be considered) a very  common phone)

This means I cannot "activate" the Pocket-3.  Therefore not only can the firmware not be updated, but each time I  start it up, I have to go through all those initial, instructional  swipes - the whole series!

How can this be remedied? (I am not going to buy another phone)

Thank you very much - in advance - for your suggestions!

1-20 01:34
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May I confirm the specific problem you encountered upon installing the DJI Mimo app? Please make sure to download the latest application via this link. Moreover, we encourage you to ensure that the Unknown Sources in SAMSUNG Galaxy M31 is enabled. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your cooperation.
1-21 00:15
Use props
Boommusic
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 1-21 02:31
Hi there, I am sorry for the unpleasant experience. May I double confirm if you have tried to download the DJI Mimo app from our official website to see if it can be installed?
If it can not be installed due to compatibility issues, you may try to borrow a phone that could work with the DJI Mimo to activate the unit first, then you can use the device without a phone.
However, features such as histogram or overexposure alert function option, Glamour Effects, live-streaming, will not work without the DJI Mimo app. And if you need to download the files that the Osmo Pocket 3 shoots, you may need to remove the SD card or connect it to the computer to export the files. Therefore, you may consider if you would love to keep the device. Hope for your kind understanding.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Yes, I have downloaded the official app from the official site (several times even). Unfortunately the app doesn't open or work.

Indeed, I also thought about at least activating the camera using someone else's phone. It seems a sad loss of opportunity if I have no access to functions without a compatible phone. I have wanted this camera for a long time, now I finally have it and then this enormous disappointment.

I didn't bother to check for compatibility prior to purchase, because I have such a common, normal, current phone that has never been an issue with any software or application.

Why doesn't DJI fix compatibility issues with Galaxy phones? All other (Android) apps work wit Galaxy phones, so it should be possible.

Thank you again.
1-21 03:39
Use props
Boommusic
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-21 00:15
Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May I confirm the specific problem you encountered upon installing the DJI Mimo app? Please make sure to download the latest application via this link. Moreover, we encourage you to ensure that the Unknown Sources in SAMSUNG Galaxy M31 is enabled. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your cooperation.

I could kiss you right now!

I was completely ignorant about the existence of "Unknown Sources" on my device. I activated it and successfully installed and opened the app!

I feel stupid right now (but happy at the same time!) and wish I could delete my posts (but I can't find a way to do it). Hopefully it may help others in the same situation.

Now I am quickly going to activate my Pocket 3 with the newly installed app.

Thanks a million!
1-21 04:10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Boommusic Posted at 1-21 04:10
I could kiss you right now!  

I was completely ignorant about the existence of "Unknown Sources" on my device. I activated it and successfully installed and opened the app!

Thank you for your update. We're glad to know that the problem has been sorted out Please know that we're always here to help. Cheers!
1-22 04:01
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules