Peaceful Post-Sunset Partington - a Winter's Evening
195 24 1-20 03:32
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albion Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 2605597 ft
United Kingdom

A peaceful relaxing edit of the post sunset above Partington last night, nothing fancy, just some chill-out music, smooth moves and far reaching views...

A bit of colour in the sky, a chance to capture what perhaps cannot be seen from the ground, it was all the excuse I needed to send up the MINI3 Pro!

The last remnants of the week's snow still lie in the shadowed places, the pink sky visible from the ground foreshadows the orange afterglow of sunset on the clouds...

The still water of the ship canal reflects the colours, and towards the West in the far distance can be seen Fiddlers Ferry Power Station, Helsby Hill and on the horizon the Welsh foothills...

To the South, over the Cheshire Plane can be seen Congleton Edge and Mow Cop, and Bosley Cloud blending in at the far end, along with the hills of Beeston and Peckforton, and to the East the snow covered Peak District stands silently...

And to the North, the Cadishead Railway Viaduct over the Ship Canal, the Paper Mill and Power Station, with steam rising, and beyond, the bright lights and skyscrapers of Manchester and Salford...

All this can be seen if our viewpoint is high enough, and yet, I think I would rather remain here...  

1-20 03:32
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wonderful views and the colors in the sky were enchanting.    Bit different style from some of your previous videos but I really enjoyed watching.  
1-20 04:17
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

I see the paper mill and power station steaming every day before I pop into the Tesco local - very good
1-20 06:23
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-20 04:17
Wonderful views and the colors in the sky were enchanting.    Bit different style from some of your previous videos but I really enjoyed watching.

Thanks, appreciate the reassurance, I was definitely in 2 minds as to whether to bother making it public or not...
1-20 06:51
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Codgerzh2 Posted at 1-20 06:23
I see the paper mill and power station steaming every day before I pop into the Tesco local - very good

Thank ypu kindly, appreciate the comment
1-20 06:51
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5009016 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice Video. It seems like the Mavic 3 pro handles low light very well.
1-20 08:07
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-20 08:07
Nice Video. It seems like the Mavic 3 pro handles low light very well.

Thanks, yes, it does, although I usually underexpose slightly and then boost in PP to rcover the darker details and prevent burnout of highlights..
1-20 09:14
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 1-20 09:14
Thanks, yes, it does, although I usually underexpose slightly and then boost in PP to rcover the darker details and prevent burnout of highlights..

Makes sense. I always find when I leave it on auto for night flights DJI brings the ISO up to high leaving it grainy. I guess you are shooting manually in your videos and setting it darker.
1-20 09:36
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-20 09:36
Makes sense. I always find when I leave it on auto for night flights DJI brings the ISO up to high leaving it grainy. I guess you are shooting manually in your videos and setting it darker.

Actually, I ws just using the Exposure compensation on this one
1-20 11:15
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 1-20 11:15
Actually, I ws just using the Exposure compensation on this one

That is better. I am always a little leery to put it on manual at night because if you are shooting something bright and you turn towards the darkness it's like you go blind on the screen. Going down a stop or teo on EV is a better choice.
1-20 11:31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 1-20 06:51
Thanks, appreciate the reassurance, I was definitely in 2 minds as to whether to bother making it public or not...

My pleasure.  Glad you decided to post it.  
1-20 14:14
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3230748 ft

United States

Albion, it's always a pleasure to watch your videos, I noticed soccer field lights were on in this cold weather? That would be a hardy bunch to be out there playing.
1-20 14:18
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Like the flight above the river!
1-20 22:37
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-20 14:14
My pleasure.  Glad you decided to post it.

Thanks, I am too, now
1-20 23:54
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Cacike47 Posted at 1-20 14:18
Albion, it's always a pleasure to watch your videos, I noticed soccer field lights were on in this cold weather? That would be a hardy bunch to be out there playing.

Yup I think the lights were on at the 5 a side football field at the fitness centre next to the High School, exercising out in th cold does mean you dont get as hot and sweaty, but I think in my mid 50's its not for me...
1-20 23:58
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 1-20 22:37
Like the flight above the river!

Thanks, I did a longer sunset flight over the water - Manchester Ship Canal / River Mersey at this point - last year, I will try and do another when we have a really spectacular sunset, but this flight was the third local one over Partington itself, the first time I have posted in a local social media group, and they loved i, I did the snowy one first and they asked for more...
1-21 00:00
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice smooth flight.   
1-21 05:43
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

It's just a great thing that you didn't second guess yourself into not publishing this video.  
1-21 06:27
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3230748 ft

United States

Albion Drones Posted at 1-20 23:58
Yup I think the lights were on at the 5 a side football field at the fitness centre next to the High School, exercising out in th cold does mean you dont get as hot and sweaty, but I think in my mid 50's its not for me...

50's?  You can do it if you wanted to, you still a youngster to me.
1-21 11:18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well worth the effort you put in - making the best of the dubious weather
1-22 01:33
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 1-22 01:33
Well worth the effort you put in - making the best of the dubious weather

Thanks... it was featured on last nights Drone Seekers International YouTube show which was a surprise, as I said, I almost didnt post it, theywere very glad I had done...

When I get to finally move to Scotland I think I shall fly the drone every day, perhaps make it a challenge to do so for a year and to post something, we shall see...
1-22 04:09
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 1-22 04:09
Thanks... it was featured on last nights Drone Seekers International YouTube show which was a surprise, as I said, I almost didnt post it, theywere very glad I had done...

When I get to finally move to Scotland I think I shall fly the drone every day, perhaps make it a challenge to do so for a year and to post something, we shall see...

Now THAT would be a massive undertaking
1-22 04:51
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice footage!
2-23 02:08
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you....
2-23 03:17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

My pleasure
I hope we will be allowed to make 'outside of daytime' footage here in NL someday.
2-23 04:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules