Can DJI enable Remote ID for -250 grams drones in EU by default?
548 8 1-20 04:13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steven808
lvl.2
Flight distance : 259659 ft
Belgium

Hi all,

In Europe, according to legislation EU 2019/947 drones under 250 grams do not require Remote ID. However, certain flights in active No-Fly Zones/Geozones (after official approval) do require Remote ID, even for these small drones (example: requesting flight in Belgian VLL2-zones according to the access conditions). The only way to do that is attach an external Remote ID-transmitter, which would make the drone weigh more than 250 grams, adding extra restrictions. Rather strange if you know it is technically present inside the drone yet not enabled.

My question: can DJI enable, in DJI Fly, also Remote ID possibility for drones under 250 grams (where technically possible), also in the EU? (Ex. On the DJI Mini 4 Pro, DJI Mini 3 Pro, ...)

It is a question frequently posted by the 4000 members of my Belgian Drone Association, https://www.fdr1.be - This would avoid many unpleasantries and allow us to abide by the rules.

Thank you for your reply in advance.

Steven

1-20 04:13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Steven. Thank you for reaching out. I will forward this request to the relevant team for them to evaluate. Any updates will be announced on the DJI official website. We highly appreciate your suggestions and support.
1-20 21:38
Use props
djiuser_VUOjxdWNyxMT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31857 ft
Belgium

DJI Tony Posted at 1-20 21:38
Hi, Steven. Thank you for reaching out. I will forward this request to the relevant team for them to evaluate. Any updates will be announced on the DJI official website. We highly appreciate your suggestions and support.

I totally agree with Steven. In a part of my village (in Belgium) I'm confronted with a Fly Zone with restrictions. One of the restrictions is the activation of a Remote ID, even for drones below 250 gr. I'm owner of a DJI mini 4 pro, with build in capability remote ID. Please give us at least the possibility to activatie the remote ID. It would be absurd tot buy an external remote, Apart of the extra cost, the weight of the drone will be >250 gr, with more restrictions. It's urgent!
1-22 02:54
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_VUOjxdWNyxMT Posted at 1-22 02:54
I totally agree with Steven. In a part of my village (in Belgium) I'm confronted with a Fly Zone with restrictions. One of the restrictions is the activation of a Remote ID, even for drones below 250 gr. I'm owner of a DJI mini 4 pro, with build in capability remote ID. Please give us at least the possibility to activatie the remote ID. It would be absurd tot buy an external remote, Apart of the extra cost, the weight of the drone will be >250 gr, with more restrictions. It's urgent!

I completely understand. This needs to be forwarded to the correct team to handle, Rest assured your your words will reach them and won't go unnoticed. We hope for your patience.
1-22 02:57
Use props
Don Grigori
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2992 ft
Netherlands

in Netherlands if you have a camera on board and your device is under 250 grams you must have remote id
1-24 12:18
Use props
pteron
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Tony Posted at 1-22 02:57
I completely understand. This needs to be forwarded to the correct team to handle, Rest assured your your words will reach them and won't go unnoticed. We hope for your patience.

Can I also add my voice to this - I live in a VLL2 region which requires Remote ID for my Mini 4.
2-10 07:39
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

pteron Posted at 2-10 07:39
Can I also add my voice to this - I live in a VLL2 region which requires Remote ID for my Mini 4.

We appreciate your feedback. We are continuously forwarding your requests to the relevant team to handle. We appreciate your patience.
2-11 00:58
Use props
SANDDRONE
New
Flight distance : 644508 ft
Norway

Are there any updates on this topic? I do quite a few operations within "specific category", but as long as I can't register Remote ID to the mini drones, I cannot use them for these jobs.
4-9 12:18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SANDDRONE Posted at 4-9 12:18
Are there any updates on this topic? I do quite a few operations within "specific category", but as long as I can't register Remote ID to the mini drones, I cannot use them for these jobs.

HI, SANDDRONE. No announcements at the moment. Rest assured we are actively forwarding your requests for the designated team to evaluate. We kindly request for your patience.
4-9 20:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules