Sync audio from DJI Mic 2 to video track from pocket 3 using time...
1670 10 1-20 04:29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2626795e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1710968 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Perhaps I am a simpleton, but it seems to me to be a pretty obvious tactic to record video on the OP3 and 32 bit float on the linked DJI mic 2, and then timecode sync the video from the camera with the 32 bit float from the microphone using timecode. I have the linked, and timecode enabled, but when I try to sync using timecode in DVR it does not recognise the sync.

Am I missing something ?
1-20 04:29
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately, I don't think the mic 2 has timecode built in like the Rode wireless pro.  I wish it did (or it does, and FW will unlock it).  It would be the perfect mic system if they included that feature.

Oh, and the TC in the P3 is not SMPTE compatible, so it will drift after a few hours if not sooner.
1-20 04:44
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward this to the relevant team to confirm. I will keep you posted. Thank you for your patience.
1-20 21:32
Use props
fans2626795e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1710968 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 1-20 21:32
Hi. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward this to the relevant team to confirm. I will keep you posted. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks DJI Tony
Overall, the level of documentation about the use of timecode on the pocket 3 is poor. No information about syncing of video from the pocket 3 to audio from the mic 2 using timecode. Nothing on jam syncing timecode on the Pocket 3. How one can implement pocket 3 timecode into a daily workflow is not at all clear, even for those of us who regularly use timecode
1-21 12:11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans2626795e Posted at 1-21 12:11
Thanks DJI Tony
Overall, the level of documentation about the use of timecode on the pocket 3 is poor. No information about syncing of video from the pocket 3 to audio from the mic 2 using timecode. Nothing on jam syncing timecode on the Pocket 3. How one can implement pocket 3 timecode into a daily workflow is not at all clear, even for those of us who regularly use timecode

You are most welcome—no response at the moment. I will immediately get back to this once they reply. Thank you.
1-22 01:24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans2626795e Posted at 1-21 12:11
Thanks DJI Tony
Overall, the level of documentation about the use of timecode on the pocket 3 is poor. No information about syncing of video from the pocket 3 to audio from the mic 2 using timecode. Nothing on jam syncing timecode on the Pocket 3. How one can implement pocket 3 timecode into a daily workflow is not at all clear, even for those of us who regularly use timecode

Hi. Thank you for patiently waiting. They have confirmed that the DJI MIC 2 does not support the time code function. Please reach us if you have further concerns. Have a nice day.
1-23 03:35
Use props
djiuser_EV1btvkfsmhG
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hi I need help. Whenever I try to place my 32 bit audio onto the adobe premier track, I found out that the audio clip are longer compared to the original audio recorded in pocket 3. I think this issue happens because whenever I press the record button on my pocket 3, there will be a slight delay on my dji mic 2 before it starts to record. So meaning that I have to clap my hand to create a peak before I start to Vlog as the audio peak will help me to sync both the audio. May I know have you encountered this issue? Thanks. FYI I have turned on the audio to video sync in pocket 3
3-25 19:46
Use props
djiuser_x1puiDGHa9wI
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-20 21:32

Any updates on time code functionality/workflow?

I've added an OP3 and Mic 2 to my kit as a b-cam with my Sony FX30 and Tentacle Sync system and would love to be able to get all jammed to the same time code in post.

Thank you, Tony!
4-2 06:40
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Post #7 says it all,  guess  we all have to wait when it comes available if the relivant team agrees
4-2 12:21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_x1puiDGHa9wI Posted at 4-2 06:40
Any updates on time code functionality/workflow?

I've added an OP3 and Mic 2 to my kit as a b-cam with my Sony FX30 and Tentacle Sync system and would love to be able to get all jammed to the same time code in post.

Hi. No announcements at the moment. Rest assured we are actively submitting your suggestions to the relevant team. We kindly request for your patience.
4-3 01:55
Use props
PMO UK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 271831 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_EV1btvkfsmhG Posted at 3-25 19:46
Hi I need help. Whenever I try to place my 32 bit audio onto the adobe premier track, I found out that the audio clip are longer compared to the original audio recorded in pocket 3. I think this issue happens because whenever I press the record button on my pocket 3, there will be a slight delay on my dji mic 2 before it starts to record. So meaning that I have to clap my hand to create a peak before I start to Vlog as the audio peak will help me to sync both the audio. May I know have you encountered this issue? Thanks. FYI I have turned on the audio to video sync in pocket 3

This is a known flaw in the Mic 2 and Pocket 3.  On long clips there is a cumulative loss of sync. - the longer the clip the more out of sync. I measure it around 600ms drift after 60 minutes recording.  DJI tech team know about it but can't correct it as it is a design compromise they made. They say: There are differences in the electronic clocks of different devices. When writing new files, there will be a slow accumulation of errors."

So my advice is don't record long clips if you need lipsync
4-23 01:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules