Update Avata drone with dji assistant 2
405 3 1-20 13:07
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mickeeducky
New

Canada

Hey guys.. I've been having the dji avata for few months now.. very satisfied.. The only major issue is that when it's time to update avata drone, goggles and controller. ALL the USB-C cables that I have home is not compatible with all three.. and by chance, my friend has a Xbox controller Elite 2 that comes with a usb-a to usb-c cable. Well guess what.. It's the only one that works  when I plug my drone. Dji assistant 2 detects it.. can you tell me why does it not come with a USB-C cable when you by the drone or goggles? There is no specific clues witch cable usb-c is compatible. I invest 3k for everything and no usb-c cable comes with the kit and compatible.. So the next question is.. where can I buy a usb-c and witch one to buy so it is compatible to update my drone etc???
Thank you.
1-20 13:07
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. Please know that our consumer drones have the option to update the firmware via the DJI Assistant 2. There's no special cable needed for the connection, however, if the DJI Assistant 2 won't recognize the DJI device, it's recommended to replace the cable as part of the troubleshooting steps. Also, it's advisable to use a USB-C cable that provides transferring data only without charging for a better connection. I hope this information helps.
1-21 01:57
Use props
SaurabhSrivastava
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2380479 ft
  • >>>
India

I don't know if you bought a used aircraft. But a new sealed avata comes with a DJI USB cable in the box
1-22 17:09
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mickee, sounds like something is wrong with your computer and/or setup.  OTOH, DJI Assistant is pretty particular as well.
1-22 17:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules