193 9 1-20 14:13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Buzz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109619 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

Honing my skills as a new drone pilot, my second flight. My camera craft has improved since I shot this as I tweaked all the settings for smoothness so less janky but the POI is nice at least.

Any help appreciated on my road to becoming better.

Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/@DroneBuzzUK

Thanks,

James

1-20 14:13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Absolutely magnificent footage.    That's quite the amazing castle.  I think it has one of the best and most elaborate water defenses of any castle I've ever seen.  
1-20 15:42
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Great place. My advice: smooth settings (which you did after this one!?), shorter takes (max. 5-10 unless something interesting happens in the frames, cut out all corrections you made; maybe retake a shot, cut from one shot to a rather different one (or if it can't be helped use a transition that is hardly noticeable). Don't know about the colors. They seemed off (green tint). Keep at it, you've got great places to film in Wales and the UK!
1-20 23:13
Use props
Drone Buzz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 1-20 23:13
Great place. My advice: smooth settings (which you did after this one!?), shorter takes (max. 5-10 unless something interesting happens in the frames, cut out all corrections you made; maybe retake a shot, cut from one shot to a rather different one (or if it can't be helped use a transition that is hardly noticeable). Don't know about the colors. They seemed off (green tint). Keep at it, you've got great places to film in Wales and the UK!

Yes after I watched the footage back I realised how dynamic and fast paced the gimble/drone movemenets were so I tweaked all the settings to make them smooth in Cine mode. What do you mean by cut out corrections? As for colour I admit I used a program preset  'harry potter' and have since learned to dabble in colour grading manually but still learning.
1-21 00:14
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Drone Buzz Posted at 1-21 00:14
Yes after I watched the footage back I realised how dynamic and fast paced the gimble/drone movemenets were so I tweaked all the settings to make them smooth in Cine mode. What do you mean by cut out corrections? As for colour I admit I used a program preset  'harry potter'  and have since learned to dabble in colour grading manually but still learning.

Color is of course subjective/stylistic... I guess the goal is to first correct it and then get your own style in. I'm still learning there, too.
When you circled you sometimes corrected the gimbal to get the castle better in frame. Those corrections are to my eye rather annoying so I'd cut them out, take only the part from past the last correction till the start of the next and then add another different shot. Sometimes that hurts. If your settings are very subtle and/or your movements very smooth you might get away with leaving them in.
Another way might be to have more room in the picture (moving back from the subject/object) so it doesn't matter as much if it's not properly aligned. Automatic POI shots work very well, too.
1-21 01:46
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pretty good for your second attempt.   
1-21 05:32
Use props
Drone Buzz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 1-21 01:46
Color is of course subjective/stylistic... I guess the goal is to first correct it and then get your own style in. I'm still learning there, too.
When you circled you sometimes corrected the gimbal to get the castle better in frame. Those corrections are to my eye rather annoying so I'd cut them out, take only the part from past the last correction till the start of the next and then add another different shot. Sometimes that hurts. If your settings are very subtle and/or your movements very smooth you might get away with leaving them in.
Another way might be to have more room in the picture (moving back from the subject/object) so it doesn't matter as much if it's not properly aligned. Automatic POI shots work very well, too.

I agree I also find it annoying during editing I couldn't find it in me to cut it out as the location was fantastic and would have been a shame. Thanks for the top tips, on wards and upwards from here!
1-21 12:53
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great views. At first I thought you'd shot in D-LOG and not applied any LUT for colour correction, as it all looks a bit greeny-grey. Nice moves though.
1-22 01:54
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Had a pleasant second watch (the constructive criticism was made in the other post)
2-23 02:14
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

Great castle-lovely video
2-24 07:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules