1710 4 2014-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wanted to play around in Manual mode, but I did not want to risk damage ot the camera and gimble. I removed them and now have the 3 grey wires just hanging loose, not attached to anything.

I am no longer seeing a Phantom WiFi network. A minute ago I had the network, no problem. I removed the camera and gimble and now no network. Are the two related? I was hoping ot still have telemetry and satellite data even if I didn't have FPV.

Is this not the case? Does the Phantom need the camera and gimble to create a WiFi network?

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.
2014-12-10
Use props
Dboy
lvl.3

China

I suppose the WiFi extender signal is mainly used to do video downlink.
Once the system found no image signal, it may assume it is P2 rather than P2V/V+. Hence, the Wifi downlink will be useless and power consuming, and the IC will not send the signal.
The GPS and compass is on the top of the drone and connect to the fight control chip independently, do not worry about that.
2014-12-10
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I got my info from another forum. The power goes down one of the grey wires, then back up another to the WiFi extender. To my knowledge there is no good reason for this.haha Just the way it is. You can police the wires to get the power back up without the camera, if you want. Not going to go that route though. Not now anyway.

But thanks!
2014-12-10
Use props
Dboy
lvl.3

China

a general logic flowchart may be easy to understand
20141211100542.png
2014-12-10
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dboy Posted at 2014-12-11 10:08
a general logic flowchart may be easy to understand

No, not at all. haha. Just know that the power to the WiFi Module runs down the one wire, then back up the other.
2014-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules