409 6 1-21 02:28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DeepE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4544 ft

South Africa

Dear DJI

My avata displays the error "No M Mode UAV to Far High" when trying to start the motors of the drone by double pressing the stop start button on my fpv remote controller 2.

The avata at this time is on the ground, at zero metres of altitude right infront of me and definately not too far away. Its also not too high either.

I have researched this issue and tried resolving it myself. In order to assist you with the information you require to assist me, let me provide the following additional info.

1. The Avata firmware has been been updated to the latest version as of this posting 21 Jan 2024.
2. I am using the googles V2.
3. I am using the fpv remote coontroler 2
4. All the above has been bound to my account.
5. I am not flying in GEO locked zone - I checked the DJI webiste for South Africa - The longitude and latitude for the test - 33°52'53.4"S 18°39'54.5"E
6. The Avata flies normal in Sport and Normal mode, it takes offf and can be controlled with no issues or any warnings appearing at any stage
7. The issue only comes in when switching from N mode (or S Mode) to M mode, while the avata is stationary on the ground and the rotors are not spinning. If one tried to start the motors by double pressing the stop start button in quick succession the avata rotors give a short rotation but then stops turning and jumps back to N mode by itself in low power state.
-- When trying to swtich from N mode (or S mode ) to M Mode while in the air the avata reverts to N Mode and does not switch into M mode. No error messages are then displayed

8. I have restarted the avata and goggles as well as the coontroler several times, with no success.
9. Important to note that i do press the start/stop button in very quick sucession and has also tried pressing it 3 times very quickly in a row as suggested by some members on the forum - all with exactly the same result as described above.

PS:

But here is the snag. I have 2 avata's. Both bound to my account.

The other one arms and flies when switched to M mode as described above, with no error messages or problems. They both being tested at the same location with exactly the same Goggles and remote controler. The one fails to start and take off (as described above) while the other starts and takes off with no problems when swtiched to M mode.

Please help, i am out of solutions for this weird problem

1-21 02:28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience that caused. For safety reasons, the aircraft cannot use the "M" Mode in the following situations:

1. Flying in a restricted area, the M mode cannot be triggered even after applying for unlocking the GEO Zone. It's recommended for you to check the exact location of your flight via this link.
2. When the altitude of the aircraft exceeds 120 meters, the M mode cannot be triggered;

Please feel free to keep us posted on the latest information.
1-22 01:42
Use props
DeepE
lvl.1

South Africa

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-22 01:42
Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience that caused. For safety reasons, the aircraft cannot use the "M" Mode in the following situations:

1. Flying in a restricted area, the M mode cannot be triggered even after applying for unlocking the GEO Zone. It's recommended for you to check the exact location of your flight via this link.

Thank you for replying.

In this instance none of the aspects which you have mentioned is present.

1. The area is not restricted
2. The avata was on the ground on 0 metres of height

Can you advise what else the problem may be?
1-22 03:26
Use props
DeepE
lvl.1

South Africa

Solved: After much trouble and searching and many tests i found this to be the reason

In the Safety menu on the goggles one can set the height at which the avata is not allowed to go beyond, and the distance. If this is set to 20m or a too low altitude or distance, the avata will refuse to engage M mode or kick out of M mode.

In my case the height and distance were both set at 20m (to run tests) - But this caused the avata to refuse to engage in M mode (even while stationary on the floor right infront of me)

Hope this helps everyone who has issues with this.

Important to Note - the avata does not work on the height / distanced as per your safety setting - It works on something less than that for its calculations when you work in M mode.

1-22 03:42
Use props
SaurabhSrivastava
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2380479 ft
  • >>>
India

Glad to see you resolved the issue and found the cause. If I were in your place, I would have factory reset the affected aircraft first which would have reset the minimum altitude and other parameters. I am pretty sure it would have taken care of it.
1-22 17:07
Use props
DeepE
lvl.1

South Africa

SaurabhSrivastava Posted at 1-22 17:07
Glad to see you resolved the issue and found the cause. If I were in your place, I would have factory reset the affected aircraft first which would have reset the minimum altitude and other parameters. I am pretty sure it would have taken care of it.

Thank you for the advice. Most certainly in future i will do so
1-24 05:57
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DeepE Posted at 1-22 03:42
Solved: After much trouble and searching and many tests i found this to be the reason

In the Safety menu on the goggles one can set the height at which the avata is not allowed to go beyond, and the distance. If this is set to 20m or a too low altitude or distance, the avata will refuse to engage M mode or kick out of M mode.

Hello! Thank you for your update. We're glad to know that everything has been sorted out after further testing. We will pass the resolution you provided here to our relevant team for evaluation. Should you have further concerns, please let us know.
1-25 04:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules