Best place to mount holy Stone RID module on Mavic Pro
988 7 1-21 11:46
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RicknCovington
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186322 ft
United States

Where is the best place to mount the RID module on the Mavic Pro so it doesn't interfere with any of the MAVIC antennas/sensors?  Right now I mounted on the back end of the drone, just above the rear flashing light, but I'm not happy with how flimsy it seems to be mounted with just the velcro.  Perfect spot would seem to be right on the top in the center, but that would put in on top of the battery, so don't think that is going to work.  Any advice from DJI on best mounting location?
1-21 11:46
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We highly recommend you follow the Remote ID module instruction manual to properly install the module on your drone. Make sure to add the Remote ID module information such as make, model, and serial number to the FAA drone registry. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us.
1-21 19:48
Use props
RicknCovington
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186322 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-21 19:48
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We highly recommend you follow the Remote ID module instruction manual to properly install the module on your drone. Make sure to add the Remote ID module information such as make, model, and serial number to the FAA drone registry. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us.

Come on!  Seriously?  That's your answer.  It's actually quite disrespectful to give a worthless response that assumes I didn't read the instruction manual and tell me that you "recommend you follow the Remote ID module instruction manual..."
No kidding?  I should follow the instruction manual?  Really?  Wow.  thanks for that amazing recommendation.
So the instruction manual says,
When looking for a suitable location to place the Remote ID on your drone, you need to watch out for three potential issues.
1. Don't place the Remote ID in a location where it can be touched by the propellers to prevent damage.
2. Don't place the Remote ID over or close to other electrical components such as flight controller, IMU, antennas, RF Transceivers.
3.  don't place the Remote ID in inaccessible locations.  You should have the button and all the LEDs always reachable and visible.
Keep in mind, by positioning the Remote ID on the flat top surface of the drone, you can enhance the strength of the GPS signal.

So, I'd like to follow the instruction manual and your great wisdom, but I can't do that without knowing where the flight controller, IMU, antennas, transceivers mentioned in #2 of the instruction manual are located in the Mavic Pro Platnium.  That information isn't actually provided to us buyers.   Only you do....Well, maybe not you since I see you only have 318ft of flying distance, so it's obvious you really aren't that competent on this particular product that you support.  So before you send me another useless response could you do all of us Mavic Pro (Platinum) owners a favor and check with the design engineers that would actually know where those components are mounted in the Mavic Pro, and where the best location would be to mount the small 1.5"x1.2"x.5" RID module and comply with the instruction manual.  And give an actual useful recommendation.
1-21 23:44
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

RicknCovington Posted at 1-21 23:44
Come on!  Seriously?  That's your answer.  It's actually quite disrespectful to give a worthless response that assumes I didn't read the instruction manual and tell me that you "recommend you follow the Remote ID module instruction manual..."
No kidding?  I should follow the instruction manual?  Really?  Wow.  thanks for that amazing recommendation.
So the instruction manual says,

We appreciate your feedback. My apologies if the response didn't satisfy your needs in this post. We will coordinate this with our designated team for further clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you.
1-23 06:48
Use props
triumph_tech
Second Officer
Flight distance : 273461 ft
United States

I had the same questions. I found this 3d printed mount on evilbay, it snaps on the battery release tabs and seems to work just fine. https://www.ebay.com/itm/204575423339?var=505159023704

Or order right from the supplier, Home (aerial-pixel.com) , they have a lot of other things for the Mavic Pro.

1-24 05:04
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hi there. We appreciate your patience. There is no certain location to attach the module. However, you may check the user manual on Page 24 and where the vision system is located to make sure that the module will not block the vision system. You can check the link below for the user manual. Have a good one.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 0Manual%20V2.0-.pdf
2-5 05:52
Use props
Deltaleader71
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1215361 ft

United States

I did a little bit of research and decided to mount my module on top near the front. It was really the only option and it does not interfere with the GPS antenna which is located in the back. I also used better quality velcro of the 3M brand. It's on pretty good and have done a few flights with no issues. The problem with velcro is repeated taking it on and off weakens it. So I just leave the module there and charge as needed.

2-8 16:59
Use props
triumph_tech
Second Officer
Flight distance : 273461 ft
United States

I went with the 3d printed mount that attaches on top of the battery. It's removable but seems very secure.
2-11 08:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules