1891 11 1-21 18:12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
val_theausexplorer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10203 ft
Australia

Hello everyone,

I am a long-time android user but have had iphones in the past that I have used with my Mavic Air 2. Recently, I was thinking of purchasing a new samsung phone from the upcoming s24 series. The problem is that with my current Samsung s21 FE, I haven't figured out how to install the DJI Fly app and haven't purchased the RC-N1/RC-N2 adapter dongle. Thus far, I have been using an old iphone to fly my drone, but it has battery issues and isn't viable in the long term.

I want to know how easy it is or how reliable it is to install DJI fly on a new Samsung phone, if it is even possible. If it isn't, then I will consider waiting to buy an apple phone and make do with what I have in the meantime. How would I go about installing DJI fly on a Samsung and would it just be as compatible with my Mavic Air 2 as an apple phone would be?

Thanks!
1-21 18:12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible), but their stabilization has not yet been verified. It is recommended that you download and install the app to test the basic functions, or go to a nearby outlet (if any) for product testing. You may download the latest application via this link. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your understanding and support.
1-22 02:26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI Fly app works without issue on my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and it has Android OS version 14.  I use it with the RC-N1 and my Air 2.  I ordered the S24 Ultra and the order confirmation stated delivery date of 30 JAN.  As soon as I get it I'll install the Fly App and report back.
1-22 02:32
Use props
val_theausexplorer
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-22 02:26
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible), but their stabilization has not yet been verified. It is recommended that you download and install the app to test the basic functions, or go to a nearby outlet (if any) for product testing. You may download the latest application via this link. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Will do, thank you!
1-24 05:51
Use props
val_theausexplorer
lvl.1
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-22 02:32
The DJI Fly app works without issue on my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and it has Android OS version 14.  I use it with the RC-N1 and my Air 2.  I ordered the S24 Ultra and the order confirmation stated delivery date of 30 JAN.  As soon as I get it I'll install the Fly App and report back.

That would be amazing, look forward to hearing back!
1-24 05:57
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

You're most welcome. We thank you for your kind understanding regarding the matter. Please feel free to reach us anytime.
1-26 03:55
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

val_theausexplorer Posted at 1-24 05:57
That would be amazing, look forward to hearing back!

Got my Galaxy S24 Ultra delivered last night.  Great phone.  I installed both the DJI Fly App and the DJI Mimo App.  Both work without issue.  Did a test flight this morning with my Air 2 and the RC-N1.  I also did a quick test video on the Osmo Pocket 3.  Again, no issues whatsoever with download, install and use.  
1-27 05:47
Use props
djiuser_I1vHxh6xv3Ij
New

Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-27 05:47
Got my Galaxy S24 Ultra delivered last night.  Great phone.  I installed both the DJI Fly App and the DJI Mimo App.  Both work without issue.  Did a test flight this morning with my Air 2 and the RC-N1.  I also did a quick test video on the Osmo Pocket 3.  Again, no issues whatsoever with download, install and use.

S24 ultra? Ive got a mini se and the app doesnt show? Where did you get the app from?
2-3 18:08
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_I1vHxh6xv3Ij Posted at 2-3 18:08
S24 ultra? Ive got a mini se and the app doesnt show? Where did you get the app from?

Hi there, DJI Mini SE works with DJI Fly, you can download it through this link. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2-3 20:11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_I1vHxh6xv3Ij Posted at 2-3 18:08

It's not available in the Google Play store.  Go to the official DJI download site here:

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2-4 13:12
Use props
djiuser_TqvRbhkKHhhz
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-22 02:26
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible), but their stabilization has not yet been verified. It is recommended that you download and install the app to test the basic functions, or go to a nearby outlet (if any) for product testing. You may download the latest application via this link. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your understanding and support.

My new Galaxy S24 is giving warning that app may be unsafe. Is that a DJI app anomaly? OK to download anyway?
3-9 13:03
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_TqvRbhkKHhhz Posted at 3-9 13:03
My new Galaxy S24 is giving warning that app may be unsafe. Is that a DJI app anomaly? OK to download anyway?

Hi there! As long as the app is downloaded through our official link, there are absolutely no issues, and it can be trusted. You can download and use it with confidence. Thank you
3-9 20:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules