Radio Channel Quality - Good/Poor
2961 7 2015-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
conan1113
New

Japan

Dear DJI,

On September 5th (Pre 1.4.10) - for the first time under Aircraft State, I experienced Radio Channel Quality Poor/Good
The Radio Channel Quality was cycling between Good and Poor almost once or twice a second consistently.

It is the first time this has happened to me, but has been happening with more frequency. I have experienced this even while DJI GO application is indicating Safe to Fly (GPS)

My App Version is: 2.2.0
Aircraft Version: 1.4.10
RC Version: 1.3.2.0

I experienced this situation in the prior release, several days before the 1.4.10 version was launched.

My question is:
What is Radio Channel Quality, and how do I increase the strength/reliability of this signal? (ie. Compass Calibration, IMU Calibration etc.,)

2015-9-9
Use props
bcongero
lvl.1

United States

Did you ever get a reply
2015-9-9
Use props
bcongero
lvl.1

United States

I found it happens to Notre when both my buddy and l fly at the same time.Never happened with my other phantoms.
2015-9-9
Use props
tk2004hm
lvl.2

United States

I have the same thing I would like to know what is going on, all bars show full on top of app this is with both my P3P and my Inspire 1, I have reloaded app and am on last FW as of 9/7/15, I have taken out both and they seem to fly just fine no prob with FW load, but still good/poor radio channel quality cycling.
2015-9-9
Use props
conan1113
New

Japan

Does anyone know what Radio Channel Quality is, and how this affects flight?
2015-9-10
Use props
apeterson
New

United States

I just started having this problem with my Phantom 3 Professional.

1)  I never had the problem before.
2)  I updated to the new release, v1.4.0010.
3)  Now, with the receiver just a few feet away from the Phantom, the screen loses signal and the receiver displays, "Radio Channel Quality Poor, Strong interference, please be cautious in long distance flight."
4)  When viewing the screen, and moving the drone, the video becomes choppy due to the weak signal.  
5)  I flew the drone anyway, and there was no worsening NOR improvement in the video.
6)  I turned the Wifi off and there is no improvement.  I turn it back on, and still there is no improvement.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Thank you.
2015-9-17
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

suddenly... I got this same problem... playing iwth custom / auto channel  no help !!

2015-9-27
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

conan1113 Posted at 2015-9-10 23:37
Does anyone know what Radio Channel Quality is, and how this affects flight?

DJI Lightbridge uses radio channels which are within the ISM bands to transmit video back to the RC. The P3 has antennas in the landing gear that communicate with the RC on 2.400 GHz - 2.483 GHz. DJI initially implemented 32 channels within this band but later discovered that only 8 channels (13 -> 20) were legally available. The other frequencies are in used by ham radio, satellite comm,  or are used by wireless carriers in various countries. See this spreadsheet for detailed channel specifications. https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... li=1#gid=1477125990

The 8 channels that are available for our use can also be used by wireless routers and repeaters, so depending on where you live and fly, you can get significant interference. Our RC defaults to automatic channel selection from channels 13 to 20, and can change channels if significant interference is detected during flight.

In firmware update 1.410, DJI has added an initial check for radio interference and alerts you to check your settings if it senses high interference within the spectrum. The radio settings and signal graph are located in the GO App under HD Video Link Signal Strength  .

The RC has two setting -> AUTO & CUSTOM

Channels with interference have a red bar in the graph. Stable channels are green and show no bar at all. With AUTO, the RC selects the channel it thinks is best/optimum. You may also select CUSTOM and select your own channel. In my area in the US, channel 20 has no interference at all, so this channel selected under CUSTOM provides excellent and stable performance for me.

Sploodge offered a hack to enable custom selection of the original 32 channels here:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 7&fromuid=44480
Use at your own discretion!
2015-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules