Please develop a mobile app to retrieve recordings from the Mic 2
460 6 1-22 07:59
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

Is it feasible to develop an audio app or enable the Mimo app to download files from Mic 2? I often edit Pocket 3 videos on my iphone, and accessing a computer isn't always possible. Having the ability to retrieve internal recordings from the mic would be immensely beneficial for those on the go.   Also, I would appreciate the ability to at least confirm the presence of internal recordings through the app, as there have been instances where I forgot to press the recording button to record internally on the mic.  If it's a hardware issue, at least to be able to read a list of files with datestamps and the recordings length would be monumental to have and it may even help those who might use the Mic 2 as a voice recorder as well.  An app could be incredibly helpful, allowing me to check the recordings on the go rather than discovering later that I did not record anything when I got home. Additionally, it would be convenient if we could adjust the Mic 2 settings through the same app without requiring the use of the receiver.  The app should be able to tell me the remaining recording time on the Mic 2.   Lastly, if no app is in the horizon, at least please allow the Mic 2 to be recognized as an external drive on mobile devices.  Thank you!

These are just some of my suggestions, and I believe perhaps I'm not alone on these requests.   Let's make it happen DJI!  

1-22 07:59
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, Joemar7. We value customers who provide their feedback. Rest assured that we'll communicate it with the respective team for its potentials. We are grateful for sharing your opinions with us. Thank you for choosing DJI.
1-22 13:36
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

DJI Diana Posted at 1-22 13:36
Hi, Joemar7. We value customers who provide their feedback. Rest assured that we'll communicate it with the respective team for its potentials. We are grateful for sharing your opinions with us. Thank you for choosing DJI.

Thanks Diana!
1-23 07:10
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Here's another way of approaching this problem - I've not tried it myself with the Mic 2 but there's a lot in common with the Go 2 (both devices with built in memory and a USB-C port).

I made this video a couple of years back - it describes using an OTG hub to get files off the "Go 2" camera and other devices too.  From the description - "Using an OTG USB Hub with an Android phone enables you to copy direct from the Go 2 onto an SD card, an SSD drive, or a portable hard drive, wherever you are.  The one I've tested is this - but others might work equally well, or even be cheaper.  Make sure you get one with an SD card reader/writer built in, and one which works with the OTG standard out of the box.  That way you won't need an OTG adapter as well.  Also make sure your phone itself is OTG enabled.  I'd expect most modern phones to have this feature."  The link to the device is in the original video description.

1-23 10:47
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

You're welcome. Should you have any DJI-related concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your support, and have a nice day!
1-23 14:48
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-23 10:47
Here's another way of approaching this problem - I've not tried it myself with the Mic 2 but there's a lot in common with the Go 2 (both devices with built in memory and a USB-C port).

I made this video a couple of years back - it describes using an OTG hub to get files off the "Go 2" camera and other devices too.  From the description - "Using an OTG USB Hub with an Android phone enables you to copy direct from the Go 2 onto an SD card, an SSD drive, or a portable hard drive, wherever you are.  The one I've tested is this - but others might work equally well, or even be cheaper.  Make sure you get one with an SD card reader/writer built in, and one which works with the OTG standard out of the box.  That way you won't need an OTG adapter as well.  Also make sure your phone itself is OTG enabled.  I'd expect most modern phones to have this feature."  The link to the device is in the original video description.

Peter, thank you so much for your video!  I can confirm this method works using an iphone card reader that has a usb connector.  The only thing I did was to connect the MIC 2 to the card reader using a usb cable, then I opened the Files app and I was able to play and retrieve the 32 float files on my iphone 13 Pro Max.  You're a life saver.  I want to mention that I tried a couple of SD readers I had and not all worked.  I guess it depends.  Mine is a third party and not from Apple.  I can also confirm that the audio files I saved work with Lumafusion.   

This method for sure will do for me for now, and I still hope DJI can implement a mobile method to download these files.  

You made my day and I am sure this will help other folks out there.   Thanks Peter!
1-24 10:02
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I am so glad it was useful!   Confession - having made that video I never actually used that technique again, simply because the need hasn't arisen.  But if the need does arise here, I shall watch the video carefully to remind myself of what to do!
1-25 04:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules