Photo Burst settings - Help Please
2103 9 2015-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Can anyone direct me to where on the App you can set the camera for recording burst photos.  I am simply finding it hard to find this feature.

Is it possible to select interval inbetween the bursts, so perhaps it takes an image every two seconds over a period of 10 second burst.  Just not sure how this feature works

2015-9-9
Use props
precisionair
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1594 ft
United States

Perhaps you are talking about the feature where you hold down the capture button and bring up the 3-5-7 options?
2015-9-9
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-9-9 17:33
It's a little out of date now, but essentially, this will tell you all you need to know...

https:// ...

Cheers Paul,

Never new that holding the camera button opened up more features.

Any ideas what the HDR Shot is
and
AEB Tiple Shot
2015-9-9
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

If using the seven shot whilst in flight does this produce blurred images ?  Anyone used this ?  Thinking of using it for 3D modelling project I have.
2015-9-9
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for the images Paul, I appreciate that.

Its ridiculous that DJI don't give an option to take still images every two seconds whilst in flight.  GoPros have had this option for a while now and when I use the function on my Phantom 2 it doesn't normally generate blurred images.  It would make things much easier as a sole pilot especially when trying to take images for import into 3D model software.

Is it even possible that DJI could implement this feature into the next app update.  I guess if they really valued their customer base anything is possible, but please DJI don't promise things you can't deliver on, it just winds people up
2015-9-9
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

GB44 Posted at 2015-9-10 02:41
Cheers Paul,

From a camera perspective, AEB and HDR do essentially the same thing, except HDR combines the images into a single one to capture the wider luminance values. It will capture the same shot at a range of exposure values.

What you are after is an intervalometer function - wait x seconds, then capture Y images with a delay of z seconds between each shot. Nothing that you wouldn't see in any reasonably priced 'point and shoot' digicam.
You need to set your shutter speed as high as is practicable to elminate blur - too high however and noise (from high ISO) is a factor as well as vibration artefacts. (straight vertical lines can appear wavy - not that much of an issue with the Inspire, but something wot watch for, esp if you are chasing photogrammetry)
2015-9-9
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Yep.

Usually you would get the option to set the exposure delta between each image and the overall number of images in the sequence.
If you are after HDR, best bet is to use AEB, or simply take a series of images manually while changing the EV, then use something like Luminance or similar to do the combination in post.
2015-9-9
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-9-9 09:41
Cheers Paul,

Isn't that cool... It sure would be nice if they published a how to manual for all of the built in software features!!  Are they trying to be like Apple?

Rich
2015-9-9
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-9-10 03:53
Isn't that cool... It sure would be nice if they published a how to manual for all of the built in ...

I think they have a long way to go to reach that level and from false promises and long repair times etc. DJI simply dont have the same respect for their customers as Apple.  
2015-9-10
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-9-9 12:50
HDR = High Dynamic Range.

I think that the term "bracketing" is used by professional photographer ...

You're right, this is what it means, works great!
2015-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules