DJI Mic 2 - Level too low
781 10 1-22 09:17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patrickleidgens
lvl.2
Netherlands

When transmitter gain on 0 and recording 32-bit internaly, mic attached on chest 20 cm from mouth, recorded level is much too low.

I import it in FCPX and level hardly peaks to -22 dB.

I have to push transmitter to the max (+12) and push further in post to get an acceptable level.

Is it capsule too low sensitivity? Could this recording level issue be enhanced by a firmware update?

Thanks!
1-22 09:17
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

It seems some level of noise reduction is being applied even with it turned off.  I get the same thing but if I use a plug in lav mic it sounds wayyyy better.
1-22 22:48
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. Sorry about the trouble. Can you also post an unedited sample? I'm going to forward it to the relevant team for checking. I appreciate your patience.
1-24 00:16
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

it's 32 bit float - crank it up in post and you're fine. That's the whole point of it.  what mic are you using?
1-26 06:06
Use props
patrickleidgens
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 1-24 00:16
Hi. Sorry about the trouble. Can you also post an unedited sample? I'm going to forward it to the relevant team for checking. I appreciate your patience.

Hello,

you can download a sample here.

Peaking at -25dB, probably not the expected behaviour.

Thanks!
1-30 05:27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

patrickleidgens Posted at 1-30 05:27
Hello,

Thank you very much. I will keep you posted. Have a great day ahead.
1-31 01:09
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

patrickleidgens Posted at 1-30 05:27
Hello,

Hi. Patrick.  Thank you for patiently waiting. This is what I got from the relevant team: "We suggest to first increase the gain of TX to use. With support for 32-bit float internal recording, DJI Mic 2 provides a high dynamic range that not only delivers high-quality recording but also adapts better to complex sound environments. It excels in capturing every nuance of a voice, from quiet whispers to booming decibel levels, providing greater reliability in erratic noise scenarios and more flexibility in post-production". We will record any feedback to engineers for further evaluation. If this function is optimized through firmware in the future, it will be pushed through the release record. Please kindly pay attention to the DJI official website information in the future. Have a nice day.
2-3 02:24
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try turning "off" the Low Cut option.  I recall a YT video tutorial that noted the Low Cut (on) was affecting the recording levels both with and without the Lav, especially when the lav is added or removed during the same connection to the Pocket 3.
2-16 14:44
Use props
Kaplaucius
lvl.1
Flight distance : 242172 ft
Spain

Hi there,
I've the same low volume issue mentioned in the opening post. I'm using the DJI Mic 2 receiver standalone (i.e. I don't have the receiver to adjust anything in the transmitter). I understand the 32 bit float question, but what if I don't want to edit in post, I'd like to use the recorded file directly and currently this is just unusable. Is there any acceptable solution in this case? Otherwise this mic seems useless.
Kind regards
3-23 02:45
Use props
djiuser_ALPoARY8Cdr2
New

Colombia

DJI Tony Posted at 1-24 00:16

Hello, I’m having the amas problem, is recording too low, can you help me please
4-21 18:58
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ALPoARY8Cdr2 Posted at 4-21 18:58
Hello, I’m having the amas problem, is recording too low, can you help me please

Hi there. We are more than glad to help. Will it be fine if you also post a sample for further checking? Thank you.
4-23 01:55
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules