Why does DJI cripple drone functionality???
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alloffroad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6339409 ft
  • >>>
Australia

For the past decade, I've consistently hand-landed various DJI drone models. The procedure was straightforward: position the drone, push the stick down, and hold it in place. The drone would typically hesitate for a brief 2-3 second period before completing the landing.
However, with the introduction of the Mavic 3 Classic, this process has changed significantly – and not for the better, in my opinion. Unlike earlier models, the Mavic 3 Classic doesn't respond in the same way to the controls during landing. This change has taken away a degree of control that I, and possibly many other experienced users, valued greatly.
I understand the need for innovation and safety improvements, but I believe it's crucial for users to have a say in these changes, especially when they alter fundamental aspects of the drone's operation. I urge DJI to consider the preferences and expertise of their long-time users. It would be greatly appreciated if they provided an option to revert to the traditional landing method, allowing us to decide the best way to land our drones based on our experience and specific circumstances.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences regarding this change.

1-22 13:46
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

I have no problem at all hand landing my Mavic 3 Classic. Turn OA off and turn the back toward you before bringing it down.
1-22 14:12
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6339409 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-22 14:12
I have no problem at all hand landing my Mavic 3 Classic. Turn OA off and turn the back toward you before bringing it down.

Yeah shouldn't have to turn OA off, never had to with any other DJI drone
1-22 14:54
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you post the flight log for the video flight please and perhaps post it on mavicpilots as well, very strange behaviour. I don't like the oscillation around 1:10.
1-22 15:03
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64820 ft
Netherlands

This model is more sensative to big hats.
1-23 01:47
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Just read the manual.. There is absolutely no problem for hand landing.
1-23 04:50
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's no way I would be standing that close to a unruly, unpredictable, jumpy Mavic 3 right near my face.  A freak accident is just asking for some scars.  I'd rather my drone eat the red dust and chew thru the high brush.

That being said, I mentioned this awhile back in another thread, my Mavic 3 Pro does not like to land smoothly, it's very jumpy and bouncy and at some point, it appeared to exhibit similar behavior to yours; I noticed it right away when I first started playback of your video.  Not sure what I've done or what has changed but it's not like that anymore; maybe sw updates?  I dunno; haven't flow recently.  Waiting for the 30 day mark.....
1-23 12:44
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. The downward sensor will keep a fixed minimum distance for safety. You can always disable the Obstacle Sensing under Safety > Advanced Safety Settings. We appreciate your understanding.
1-23 21:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules