HLG vs D-LOG M
403 1 1-22 14:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_mhpG8jjkmBZ3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've looked on other forums and have tried to find tutorials on YouTube etc but I'm still not sure on the differences between HLG vs D-LOG M, like what scenarios you'd use either one in, which is considered better etc.

I read somewhere that D-LOG M is better for colour grading as it records in 10 bit, but HLG records in 10 bit AND a wider colour gamut so would that make HLG a more powerful mode than D-LOG M? I'm looking for the mode that'll give me the most range and look the best once graded and I dont care about file size.
1-22 14:50
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The D-Log M is designed to capture a wide dynamic range from the sensor, and colors are distributed evenly so the bright and dark parts of the video have greater fidelity and clarity. It is not a LUT, but a lower-contrast video with a flat color profile, which is great for expanding post-processing options. When using Osmo Pocket 3 in Video mode, “HLG” in the color setting of the PRO menu refers to HDR, as HLG is an HDR standard. The HLG mode supports the same range of frame rates as normal recording, that is, up to a maximum of 4K/60fps. Starting with firmware version v01.02.06.04, users can record slow-motion videos at 120fps with support for D-Log M and HLG color modes. Hope this helps.
1-22 23:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules