M4P green rear lights go out during video recording?
689 20 1-22 17:13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Luckyguy27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243665 ft
United States

I've notice the flashing green lights on the rear arms of the Mini 4 Pro go out once video recording starts. Without adding strobes, it's now invisible at night when recording. Is thiss a glitch that needs to be addressed by DJI in the next firmware update? Has anyone heard anything from DJI?

1-22 17:13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. This is normal. DJI Mini 4 Pro turns off its rear aircraft status indicator when it captures videos. It will turn back on its rear aircraft status indicator when it stops capturing videos. Have a nice day.
1-22 19:27
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

This is fine. If you leave the lights on, there will be noticeable flickering in the video.
1-23 00:24
Use props
tinicuenca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 827470 ft
Spain

It is something that happens and we do not understand, because DJI does not allow, through an option in the DJI fly, that the pilot can choose that it be like this or that they are always on, whether recording or not.
EU users, we need that option, to have the flashing green lights on on night flights.
1-23 01:37
Use props
tinicuenca
lvl.3
Spain

Serg SSA Posted at 1-23 00:24
This is fine. If you leave the lights on, there will be noticeable flickering in the video.

If it is as you say, why did DJI change those lights that were on the front legs of the mini3pro to the rear legs of this mini4pro?

Be that as it may, and whether it affects or does not affect, this should be able to be chosen by the pilot, from an option in the app. It has to be the user, depending on their needs, who chooses whether they want those lights on or off during recordings.
1-23 01:40
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

tinicuenca Posted at 1-23 01:40
If it is as you say, why did DJI change those lights that were on the front legs of the mini3pro to the rear legs of this mini4pro?

Be that as it may, and whether it affects or does not affect, this should be able to be chosen by the pilot, from an option in the app. It has to be the user, depending on their needs, who chooses whether they want those lights on or off during recordings.

If you have a choice, this is the best option)
1-23 01:48
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I agree. It is somehow ridiculous that on one hand, DJI triggers potentially illegal flights by turning the light off when recording, and on the other hand forces pilots to be more strict than allowed by regulations by setting a hard limit of 120m height from starting point, even though the regulations require 120m above ground.
1-23 01:49
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

_SoP_ Posted at 1-23 01:49
I agree. It is somehow ridiculous that on one hand, DJI triggers potentially illegal flights by turning the light off when recording on one hand, and on the other hand forces pilots to be more strict than allowed by regulations by setting a hard limit of 120m height from starting point, even though the regulations require 120m above ground.

The height of 120 meters above the ground is difficult to track, this is simply a technical limitation of the drone. And turning the lights on and off can be done easily.
1-23 03:07
Use props
tinicuenca
lvl.3
Spain

_SoP_ Posted at 1-23 01:49
I agree. It is somehow ridiculous that on one hand, DJI triggers potentially illegal flights by turning the light off when recording on one hand, and on the other hand forces pilots to be more strict than allowed by regulations by setting a hard limit of 120m height from starting point, even though the regulations require 120m above ground.

It's ridiculous, yes, but it's not because of DJI but because of EASA.
It is the European EASA regulations that establish the obligation to have a limited height from the take-off point of 120 m to achieve a C0. (In C1 or C2 it is no longer from the take-off point).
It is European regulations that do not require that the aircraft have visibility lights to have C0 and do require C1 and C2.

On the other hand, this same European regulation does require these flashing green lights for all night flights, regardless of their marking, and that is where DJI, by turning off the mini4pro lights during recordings, prevents us from these night flights. legally.
1-23 03:10
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Ah, I did not know that the "120m above starting point" is a strict requirement for the C0 certification. I thought that "flying 120m above ground level" would be the requirement (as a final responsibility of the pilot) and that DJI just interpreted it into "120m above starting point" since they can't properly technically limit the 120m above ground.
1-23 03:38
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7878520 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Serg SSA Posted at 1-23 00:24
This is fine. If you leave the lights on, there will be noticeable flickering in the video.

Not with mini 4 pro as the lights are on the rear legs and showing backwards down. There won't be any flickering or lighting disturbance in a video at all...
1-24 05:15
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

Nexus Redux Posted at 1-24 05:15
Not with mini 4 pro as the lights are on the rear legs and showing backwards down. There won't be any flickering or lighting disturbance in a video at all...

Unfortunately, the lights will affect the recording, there will not be a strong flash in the frame, but there will be small highlights, I have seen this on other drones when editing video.
1-24 05:37
Use props
djiuser_zgZSSEwjvIDd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109626 ft
North Macedonia

Serg SSA Posted at 1-24 05:37
Unfortunately, the lights will affect the recording, there will not be a strong flash in the frame, but there will be small highlights, I have seen this on other drones when editing video.

But this is the Mini 4 Pro subforum, we dont care about "other drones".

So please don lie, M4P has LED lights on the back and IT WON'T affect the video/photos in any way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DJI, why is it so hard to implement a simple option like this?
Air 3 has it, Mavic's have it. And on their front LED's too.

1-24 11:04
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

djiuser_zgZSSEwjvIDd Posted at 1-24 11:04
But this is the Mini 4 Pro subforum, we dont care about "other drones".

So please don lie, M4P has LED lights on the back and IT WON'T affect the video/photos in any way.

Before accusing someone of lying, first gain experience in video shooting at night.
Maybe at night you can turn on your phone to record in a DARK place and turn on a strobe light nearby, and then look at the histogram of light in the editor and you will see flashes.
I understand that you consider yourself smarter than DJI engineers, why don’t you produce drones yourself)
1-24 12:25
Use props
djiuser_zgZSSEwjvIDd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109626 ft
North Macedonia

Serg SSA Posted at 1-24 12:25
Before accusing someone of lying, first gain experience in video shooting at night.
Maybe at night you can turn on your phone to record in a DARK place and turn on a strobe light nearby, and then look at the histogram of light in the editor and you will see flashes.
I understand that you consider yourself smarter than DJI engineers, why don’t you produce drones yourself)
You are digging yourself deeper in the hole.

- Other DJI drones have the option the keep the lights on at night. And they dont have issues with night footage.

- I will get back to this post when DJI eventually implements the option. Then - we can all laugh at you.
1-24 13:23
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

djiuser_zgZSSEwjvIDd Posted at 1-24 13:23
Then - we can all laugh at you.

Are you going to make fun of DJI? He who laughs last laughs best )The video shows periodic flashes from the lights.

1-25 01:11
Use props
tinicuenca
lvl.3
Spain

But whether or not they affect the recording, it should be the user who chooses whether they want them to turn off like now or not.
If DJI put that option in the app, as mentioned before, there is already one for the AIR3 for example, those who are bothered by their recordings and want to turn them off would do so and those who want to keep them on, to comply with flight regulations. nocturnal for example, they would also do it.
1-25 03:47
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

tinicuenca Posted at 1-25 03:47
But whether or not they affect the recording, it should be the user who chooses whether they want them to turn off like now or not.
If DJI put that option in the app, as mentioned before, there is already one for the AIR3 for example, those who are bothered by their recordings and want to turn them off would do so and those who want to keep them on, to comply with flight regulations. nocturnal for example, they would also do it.

Does anyone object to this? Everyone agrees with this, there must be a choice.
1-25 04:34
Use props
StepCH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4354 ft
Switzerland

Serg SSA Posted at 1-25 04:34
Does anyone object to this? Everyone agrees with this, there must be a choice.

I agree, we should have the choice.
I find it a little paradox that Dji have implemented a night mode, but the drone becomes invisible, violating VLOS, as soon as it‘s used!
1-25 05:05
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

StepCH Posted at 1-25 05:05
I agree, we should have the choice.
I find it a little paradox that Dji have implemented a night mode, but the drone becomes invisible, violating VLOS, as soon as it‘s used!

I posted the same statement in another thread and absolutely second that!
1-25 06:10
Use props
WVdE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 992707 ft
Belgium

Serg SSA Posted at 1-24 05:37
Unfortunately, the lights will affect the recording, there will not be a strong flash in the frame, but there will be small highlights, I have seen this on other drones when editing video.

I scrutinised a nightflight recording I made a few months ago. For the sake of testing I had a strong green flashing strobe attached on top of the drone, but that didn't affect the recording whatsoever.

The option to turn the green lights on or off seems a good idea to be considered in a following update.
2-22 06:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules