Update "Homepoint" to RC Without Map Data
228 1 1-22 21:03
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3a76d5b9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214423 ft
United States

DJI, I purchased a Mavic 3 Pro late 2021 for one purpose. To spot bird piles and bait balls when fishing offshore. I am miles away from land when doing this and have no cell signal. I test flew it a few times on land to learn how to update homepoint to controller since I will be constantly moving on the ocean. The very first time I flew it off the boat, after flying for about 15 min, I tried to update homepoint. I had no idea that a data connection like I had on land, or cached maps were required to do so. Why? the GPS has my controllers position? Why can't it update? Anyway, not knowing about the data requirement, I tried to let it hover while I played with settings, thinking it was something simple and I could figure it out. After a considerable amount of time I realized I was not going to get it to work and needed to fly it back on my own, but it turned out to be a big challenge out in the open water. Long story short, I nearly lost the drone and when I finally got a visual on it, I was already in panic mode (Spent nearly 4k on this thing including the purchase of pro remote and DJI Refresh) so I ended up crashing it on the deck. I got it replaced and immediately sold it for a big loss after learning why I could not update the homepoint out at sea. Fast forward to a week ago. I learned of a feature you introduced after my unpleasant experience called offline maps. I thought it was the solution to the problem so I went out and bought an Air 3. Now, I am trying to download "maps" of the ocean around Oahu, but the small areas make it impossible to get everything. This also will not solve the problem. Can you please just allow updating home point to controllers location without map data? The GPS location is really all that should be needed. Please DJI, I, as well as many fishermen I know, would be lifelong customers if you would just allow homepoint updating without map data.
1-22 21:03
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We would love to record this suggestion of yours and forward it to our relevant team for attention as DJI is always open to any product improvement suggestions. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us.
1-22 22:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules