Does the DJI Mic 2 need the receiver or can it use Bluetooth?
1726 9 1-23 00:01
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Poitings
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I plan to use a DJI Mic 2 transmiter with both my Sony ZV-1 camer and my Pixel phone (currently Pixel 3 but may upgrade to Pixel 8 soon).

That being the case, doesn't the TX pair via bluethooth with both devices?
If so then what is my need for the receiver?
I haven't used Bluetooth much in recent years but my experience with it in the past was that there was latency. That may still be the case with a four year old Pixel 3 phone.
But assuming I upgrade to a Pixel 8, can I just pair my dJI Mic 2 tranmsmitter with my phone or ZV-1 (or even both at the same time) and get the same audio captur with video that I would get with the signal going through the reciever?
1-23 00:01
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bluetooth is supported.

1-23 00:15
Use props
Poitings
lvl.1

United Kingdom

So if I want to just use one single DJI Mic 2 transmitter and my Sonly ZV-1 camera and Pixel phone there is no need for the receiver at all?
1-23 00:18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Poitings Posted at 1-23 00:18
So if I want to just use one single DJI Mic 2 transmitter and my Sonly ZV-1 camera and Pixel phone there is no need for the receiver at all?

Hi. Yes, it supports direct Bluetooth connection via smartphone. The receiver can also be used with a wide variety of cameras and features built-in gain presets tailored to specific camera models, so you can simply select the camera brand and model for a one-tap configuration and effortlessly achieve superior audio recording. You can also connect the receiver to your phone to start/stop recording directly with the transmitter. Have a great day.
1-23 21:21
Use props
Poitings
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 1-23 21:21
Hi. Yes, it supports direct Bluetooth connection via smartphone. The receiver can also be used with a wide variety of cameras and features built-in gain presets tailored to specific camera models, so you can simply select the camera brand and model for a one-tap configuration and effortlessly achieve superior audio recording. You can also connect the receiver to your phone to start/stop recording directly with the transmitter. Have a great day.

Thanks.

I tried to set the receiver to my Sony ZV-1 but was shocked that it doesn't offer that option.
It only offers the Sony ZV-E10.
1-23 22:21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Poitings Posted at 1-23 22:21
Thanks.

I tried to set the receiver to my Sony ZV-1 but was shocked that it doesn't offer that option.

Hello. Let me check this with our relevant team. I will get back to this as soon as they respond. Thank you for your patience.
1-24 01:31
Use props
Daimler Naranjo
lvl.1

Colombia

Tengo una pequeña teoría, Dji trata de conectar un dispositivo con IA a los celulares de Android e IOS . A quien se le pasó por la cabeza que  Apple o Google le iba a dar acceso. Lo digo porque día tras día encontré que las platafomas anularon el acceso del micrófono y ahora también las app de video.
1-24 12:26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Poitings Posted at 1-23 22:21
Thanks.

Thank you for patiently waiting.
1. DJI MIC 2 RX with SONY ZV-1 camera, needs to use the standard 3.5MM audio cable for connection and does not support Bluetooth.
2. Regarding the DJI MIC RX without the ZV-1 camera model, it has been marked in Instructions on Recommended Gain for Camera Setup, you can refer to the attached screenshot or the following link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... mera%20Setup_EN.pdf
Have a great day.
1-27 01:12
Use props
Poitings
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 1-27 01:12
Thank you for patiently waiting.
1. DJI MIC 2 RX with SONY ZV-1 camera, needs to use the standard 3.5MM audio cable for connection and does not support Bluetooth.
2. Regarding the DJI MIC RX without the ZV-1 camera model, it has been marked in Instructions on Recommended Gain for Camera Setup, you can refer to the attached screenshot or the following link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mic_2/compatibility%20list/Instructions%20on%20Recommended%20Gain%20for%20Camera%20Setup_EN.pdf

Ok thanks for the dB instruction link. I guess setting the RX to the ZV-E10 gets the same result as it would give if there was a ZV-1 setting.
It seems to me that here aren't that many Sony camera models (16) so it would have been nice to list the 3x ZV models instead of just one of them.

And, my question about Bluetooth was not if the RX can connect to the Sony ZV-1 via Bluetooth, it was to ask if the TX can do so. In other words, to ask if the Sony ZV-1 can just receive audio from the TX of the DJI Mic2 with no need for the RX?
1-27 03:40
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Poitings Posted at 1-27 03:40
Ok thanks for the dB instruction link. I guess setting the RX to the ZV-E10 gets the same result as it would give if there was a ZV-1 setting.
It seems to me that here aren't that many Sony camera models (16) so it would have been nice to list the 3x ZV models instead of just one of them.

Hi there. DJI MIC 2 TX does not support connecting SONY ZV-1 via Bluetooth. Have a nice day.
1-29 00:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules