Feature request: Active tracking based on colour
197 9 1-23 01:12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeirInge
lvl.1

Norway

I see the Osmo Pocket 3 as the ultimate selfie camera and plan to buy one as soon as they come on stock where I live. For active sports it would be nice if the camera would track based on a colour and not only shape. What I imagine is that I pick a jacket or a cap with a colour that stands out from the surroundings, say a red jacket in a snowy landscape, calibrate the camera on this colour (with a wavelength range), set it up and move around doing my things. The camera will follow me based on that colour, or start to follow as soon as that colour appears in the frame. It would enable catching a lot of action sport selfie situations in skiing, snowboard, skateboard, horseriding etc. Would this be possible?

1-23 01:12
Use props
GeirInge
lvl.1

Norway

Could this even be a light source with wavelength outside the visible light, for long distance tracking?
1-23 01:37
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can already do this,   just double tap on the screen on what you want to track and it will enable active track on that item,    The AI automatically works out whats the best feature to track.
1-23 06:16
Use props
GeirInge
lvl.1

Norway

Without

DAFlys Posted at 1-23 06:16
You can already do this,   just double tap on the screen on what you want to track and it will enable active track on that item,    The AI automatically works out whats the best feature to track.

OK. I want it to film and track my back. Or I stand 100m away from the camera and want it to film me skiing, jumping next to the camera, and continue skiing. How do I do make it follow me? Without using the app.

1-23 07:07
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

GeirInge Posted at 1-23 07:07
OK. I want it to film and track my back. Or I stand 100m away from the camera and want it to film me skiing, jumping next to the camera, and continue skiing. How do I do make it follow me? Without using the app.

The OP3 is fantastic piece of technic!

But what you want, is far beyond, what can be expected from a consumer-camera.
1-23 07:52
Use props
GeirInge
lvl.1

Norway

UweE Posted at 1-23 07:52
The OP3 is fantastic piece of technic!

But what you want, is far beyond, what can be expected from a consumer-camera.

You might be right. I assumed tracking based on colour was not that different from tracking based on picture. Or even simpler.
1-23 09:02
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello there. Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. We appreciate your valued support.
1-23 20:51
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GeirInge Posted at 1-23 07:07

Nothing is going to track you at that distance.
1-23 23:20
Use props
GeirInge
lvl.1

Norway

DAFlys Posted at 1-23 23:20
Nothing is going to track you at that distance.

It doesent have to track me until I come closer and pass the Osmo pocket3 as long as it points towards me at the start. But if I stand out enough from the surroundings/background, I think it could track on pretty large distance. Say if it tracks a light source I carry. Or I use the flashlight on my phone to call for its attention. Or it tracks the wireless mic I carry somehow. I look for possibilities I think might excist with the present harware&software. But you have to see a need in order to look for solutions. And I think the feature I ask for is possible and could open the Osmo Pocket3 to a huge new market. More to self recording sport and action, than faces.
1-24 01:17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GeirInge Posted at 1-24 01:17
It doesent have to track me until I come closer and pass the Osmo pocket3 as long as it points towards me at the start. But if I stand out enough from the surroundings/background, I think it could track on pretty large distance. Say if it tracks a light source I carry. Or I use the flashlight on my phone to call for its attention. Or it tracks the wireless mic I carry somehow. I look for possibilities I think might excist with the present harware&software. But you have to see a need in order to look for solutions. And I think the feature I ask for is possible and could open the Osmo Pocket3 to a huge new market. More to self recording sport and action, than faces.

You might be best waiting for the Osmo Pocket 4 then.  
1-24 23:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules