DJI Mic 2 transmitter not receiving audio from plugged lav
746 9 1-23 10:11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_RDNzi98nK5Yc
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi there,

I am trying to record via a Shure lav mic plugged into the transmitter, but the signal is dead as soon as the lav is plugged. The same lav works perfectly with the first version of the DJI Mic.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

J.
1-23 10:11
Use props
Natural Sounds and Sights
lvl.3

Spain

Have you tried a different lav mic? Ocasionally you can find different tolerances with the 3.5mm TRS plugs/sockets. Which Shure mic is this?
1-24 09:31
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agree on the tolerances of 3.5mm TRS plugs and sockets. It is odd that the lav mic worked on the original MIC but not working on the MIC 2 transmitter. Does this happen on the other transmitter if you have the combo, ie TX1 and TX2? Have you played with the plug insertion and see if it works by not plugging it in all the way or making sure its fully seated in the hole?  
1-24 10:24
Use props
djiuser_RDNzi98nK5Yc
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It is the Shure mvl lav. I found a fix: you need a trrs to TRS adapter. It wasn't needed for the first version of the Mic, which is very odd.
1-25 00:47
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing your query with us. Please allow us to check this matter with our relevant team. The latest information will be forwarded here.
1-25 03:05
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Please know that we've sent you the latest feedback regarding this query. Kindly feel free to keep us posted.
1-26 23:51
Use props
djiuser_RDNzi98nK5Yc
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks, I've bought the adaptor and it now works as intended with the lavs I have.
1-27 02:48
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_RDNzi98nK5Yc Posted at 1-27 02:48
Thanks, I've bought the adaptor and it now works as intended with the lavs I have.

Thank you for your update. We're glad to know that everything has been sorted out!
1-28 00:41
Use props
fansf4828f77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 807365 ft
  • >>>
United States

Experiencing exactly the same thing. The irony is that I bought 2 Shure lavs, after my previous Senheiser that works perfectly with the Rode Wireless Go (the original) didn't work with the DJI Mic 1. After searching through a bunch of Lavs, I bought 2 Shure MVLs, only for them to stop working with the DJI Mic 2.
3-23 18:01
Use props
Djnumone
New

Canada

Yes, the lav will only work with the DJI Mic 1. I bought a DJI Mic 2 system and am using a Shure MVL lav. You will need a female Trrs  - male trs adapter and that should take care of the problem
4-20 12:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules